SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 06:59:45 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 68   Go Down

Author Topic: Project CARS General Discussion  (Read 74716 times)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Project CARS General Discussion
« Reply #840 on: March 23, 2015, 11:53:50 AM »

While still not great news for Logitech users, at least now there's a much cheaper option to be able to play on the new consoles.

Before today's news, it was around $550 to get a nice wheel/pedal combo for PS4. (Thrustmaster T300RS, Fanatec CSR Pedals, adapter/dongle to make them work together.)

Now, you could buy a CSR for $200 and buy the G25/G27 pedal adapter for $5

I got my Porsche GT2 wheel back from Fanatec on Saturday. They had to replace the left paddle shifter switch and restitch the steering wheel cover. It looks awesome now. I'm torn between seeing if my brother  wants it to use or sell it. It came with the pedal adapter you mention.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #841 on: March 23, 2015, 12:31:08 PM »

What is this adaptor that you speak of?  This interests me greatly.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #842 on: March 23, 2015, 12:39:58 PM »

What is this adaptor that you speak of?  This interests me greatly.

http://www.fanatec.com/us-en/pedals-accessories/g25-g27-pedal-adapter-cabel-for-fanatec-wheels-us.html

I wouldn't pull the trigger quite yet though.  I know this adapter works on PC but not 100% sure if it'll work on PS4.  I don't see why it wouldn't, but might want to wait and let others be the guinea pigs.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #843 on: March 23, 2015, 02:30:46 PM »

I thought I had that adapter, but I do not.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #844 on: March 23, 2015, 03:15:19 PM »

pCARS just happened to be the first to make an announcement.  I'd bet that Codemasters & the Driveclub guys won't be far behind.

PDI won't talk about wheels until they have a product closer to market.
I've begged them to clarify wheels, but they won't do it now.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #845 on: March 23, 2015, 03:54:10 PM »

It also verifies it is up the developers to provide hardware support.

Not necessarily.  I cut off a portion of the news blurb that had a quote from Fanatec CEO.

“The quality of the input devices play an important role in the immersion factor of a simulation and especially our ClubSport series delivers an automotive quality and experience level. We are now bringing this level to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and Project CARS is the perfect title to make best use of our technology. This combination is a new milestone on gaming consoles.” (Thomas Jackermeier, CEO Endor AG / Fanatec)

The yellow part makes it sound like Fanatec finally got support from Sony/Microsoft.  pCARS just happened to be the first to make an announcement.  I'd bet that Codemasters & the Driveclub guys won't be far behind.

From Thomas Jackermeier on the Fanatec Blog
On PS3 and PS4 there is no generic wheel support within the operating system like it is on Xbox 360 or One.

On PS every game needs to integrate special drivers to make a peripheral work. But it is not difficult to implement those drivers. The challenge for us was to develop those drivers. We now gave the drivers to the game developers and you can expect more compatible games in future.

So it is possible the Logitec wheels would work as did Fanatec before. Sorry I see this will not be the case.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 05:35:53 PM by DudeTuna »

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #846 on: March 27, 2015, 06:28:04 PM »

I thought I had that adapter, but I do not.

Actually I do have that adaptor. DOH

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #847 on: April 02, 2015, 08:31:31 AM »

It also verifies it is up the developers to provide hardware support.

Not necessarily.  I cut off a portion of the news blurb that had a quote from Fanatec CEO.

“The quality of the input devices play an important role in the immersion factor of a simulation and especially our ClubSport series delivers an automotive quality and experience level. We are now bringing this level to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and Project CARS is the perfect title to make best use of our technology. This combination is a new milestone on gaming consoles.” (Thomas Jackermeier, CEO Endor AG / Fanatec)

The yellow part makes it sound like Fanatec finally got support from Sony/Microsoft.  pCARS just happened to be the first to make an announcement.  I'd bet that Codemasters & the Driveclub guys won't be far behind.

and it opens up the likelihood that future GT games on PS4 would also get the same opportunity.  Logitech notwithstanding.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #848 on: April 09, 2015, 11:55:25 AM »

I wonder if the game will support the playstation's analog buttons. I'm done with wheels and am a controller only person. 

The problem I've found with most cross platform racing games is that the PS controller's analog functions are not fully utilized. Grid: Autosport being a good example, I find it to be near impossible for me to play due to how I have to configure the button layout on the controller.  :(

It could affect my purchasing decision.

I do not think the PS4 has any analog buttons only the analog sticks.

I wanted to bring this back up real quick for us controller users.  I've done some looking and you are correct Dude there are no analog buttons on the DS4, but L2 and R2 from what I've been reading are still analog triggers.  So for those of us who use a controller, if the game supports it, we will have more than one option for gas and brake. We can either use the right stick or L2 and R2.

I've played around with using L2 for gas and R2 for brake in Grid Autosport and to me at least it feels better than using the right stick.  To me at least it feels like using the right stick is about the same as right foot braking and using L2 R2 would equate to left foot braking.

It gives me some hope for the future.  :)

Brindle

« Reply #849 on: April 09, 2015, 12:15:17 PM »

I wanted to bring this back up real quick for us controller users.  I've done some looking and you are correct Dude there are no analog buttons on the DS4, but L2 and R2 from what I've been reading are still analog triggers.  So for those of us who use a controller, if the game supports it, we will have more than one option for gas and brake. We can either use the right stick or L2 and R2.

I've played around with using L2 for gas and R2 for brake in Grid Autosport and to me at least it feels better than using the right stick.  To me at least it feels like using the right stick is about the same as right foot braking and using L2 R2 would equate to left foot braking.

It gives me some hope for the future.  :)

Isn't that the same as the what we have now?  You can choose any button to be gas/brake?

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #850 on: April 09, 2015, 07:33:59 PM »

yes, but with PS4 they will be limited to two analog button types, the triggers and the sticks.  The "buttons" do nothing more than on and off, no in between.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #851 on: April 09, 2015, 08:31:40 PM »

yes, but with PS4 they will be limited to two analog button types, the triggers and the sticks.  The "buttons" do nothing more than on and off, no in between.

Exactly,  with PS2 and PS3 the X, O, square, triangle buttons were analog with something like 255 states/levels between on and off.  With the PS4 those same buttons are just on and off.

It's a difficult/frustrating change for some one like myself that used X and Square for gas and brake, since the release of the PS2 and same basic button configuration since the days of the Super Nintendo.  Going from Digital to Analog was a treat. Going back to digital makes these type of games almost unplayable.  Which is why I've bought but barely touched games like Grid Autosport and the older Nascar games by EA because they lack analog button support.

Brindle

« Reply #852 on: April 10, 2015, 05:24:11 AM »

Sorry, didn't know folks used buttons. Such a tiny analog range, I assumed folk was using sticks or triggers only.  :-[

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #853 on: April 10, 2015, 02:26:25 PM »

Sorry, didn't know folks used buttons. Such a tiny analog range, I assumed folk was using sticks or triggers only.  :-[

They are like little tiny load cells.  They work better than you would think but GT was the only game that I know of that actually used them.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #854 on: April 12, 2015, 10:31:47 AM »

Exactly,  with PS2 and PS3 the X, O, square, triangle buttons were analog with something like 255 states/levels between on and off.  With the PS4 those same buttons are just on and off.

It's a difficult/frustrating change for some one like myself that used X and Square for gas and brake, since the release of the PS2 and same basic button configuration since the days of the Super Nintendo.  Going from Digital to Analog was a treat. Going back to digital makes these type of games almost unplayable.  Which is why I've bought but barely touched games like Grid Autosport and the older Nascar games by EA because they lack analog button support.

Same here dlr. I've been using X and square since GT1, making the transition to another configuration will be tough. GTA V forces you to use L2/R2 for gas and brake, but you don't have to shift gears. Throw that into the mix, and being even close to competitive will be tough.

The old school guys are getting left behind, and there's no way in hell, I can justify spending hundreds of dollars for a wheel rig, just to play a game. For 5-600 bucks, I can do some cool shit to a real car.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 68   Go Up