SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 07:46:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 68   Go Down

Author Topic: Project CARS General Discussion  (Read 74717 times)

badaboya1

• The Bored of Directors
  • Yellowfin Tuna
Re: Project CARS General Discussion
« Reply #900 on: May 14, 2015, 01:33:26 PM »

I don't have a ton of play time with it yet, but did get into a room with grumpy & no affiliations last night.
We are still trying to get used to navigating all the different menus which seems pretty complicated so far but I'm sure will get better with time.

There is no free roam online but the host can set the time for a practice session and then choose to start a race whenever he wants.

For a brand new game it seems pretty good as far as connection issues go. We had no problems at all last night.

Haven't played with car settings much yet but there are lots of them. Each wheel and tire pressures can be adjusted individually.

In offline races you can have up to 36 cars on track and AI abilities can be adjusted, (very cool).

Car and ambient sounds seem really good.

Graphics and detail are very good but the game does have a more 'drawn' look than GT6 IMO.

I have a G27 wheel so I cant say much about how the other wheels perform on the game. I do like that the controller can be set to use the analog stick for gas and brakes which is how I prefer to use it.

So far not many of us have the game yet but I did notice some of the old 'pit' guys do. I might try getting on with some of them tonight just to try the online with more players. Haven't tried the open lobbies yet so I can't say much about that.

For a new game, I really can't say anything bad about the product they have released. No freezing or disco issues at all so far. Very cool for a new product.

All we really need now is for more guys to get a copy of the game and I think we could turn it into some really goose times!

Nice write up. Do you have any of the visual screen issues some have. Like this below.

I don't have a ton of play time with it yet, but did get into a room with grumpy & no affiliations last night.
We are still trying to get used to navigating all the different menus which seems pretty complicated so far but I'm sure will get better with time.

There is no free roam online but the host can set the time for a practice session and then choose to start a race whenever he wants.

For a brand new game it seems pretty good as far as connection issues go. We had no problems at all last night.

Haven't played with car settings much yet but there are lots of them. Each wheel and tire pressures can be adjusted individually.

In offline races you can have up to 36 cars on track and AI abilities can be adjusted, (very cool).

Car and ambient sounds seem really good.

Graphics and detail are very good but the game does have a more 'drawn' look than GT6 IMO.

I have a G27 wheel so I cant say much about how the other wheels perform on the game. I do like that the controller can be set to use the analog stick for gas and brakes which is how I prefer to use it.

So far not many of us have the game yet but I did notice some of the old 'pit' guys do. I might try getting on with some of them tonight just to try the online with more players. Haven't tried the open lobbies yet so I can't say much about that.

For a new game, I really can't say anything bad about the product they have released. No freezing or disco issues at all so far. Very cool for a new product.

All we really need now is for more guys to get a copy of the game and I think we could turn it into some really goose times!

Nice write up. Do you have any of the visual screen issues some have. Like this below.

I had a couple of issues like that when i was spectating no affiliations but during the racing it was fine.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #901 on: May 14, 2015, 01:50:00 PM »

Here's a planet thread for PS4 T300 settings.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/wheel-settings-ps4-from-jack-spades.328426/

a wheel's settings should be the same across all platforms, so this should work for PC settings too.  However, I noticed this guy has his FFB turned down (the global setting), which every thing else I've read says to keep that at 100 (75 on ps4 by default = turn it up, not down)

That one of the 30+ settings in this game just for FFB is easy to figure out ;)

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #902 on: May 15, 2015, 11:55:13 AM »

I think its just going to take some time and evidence that the game is good and has staying power.  I got a feeling it might bring back some of the old racers that got fed up with GT.  From the bits I've seen I hope this game and developer thrive and continue to build upon what they've created.   

I may be getting it tonight.  I think I've talked myself into a PS4.  Don't know when/if I'll get online, I'm still not a fan of PS+.  I'll probably stick with PS- for a while.  PS-, pay nothing, get nothing.  :D

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #903 on: May 15, 2015, 12:19:19 PM »

PS+ isn't so bad, it's $50 a year, which is less than the price of a game, and with the discounts on the store, and some times completely free games/stuff, it's been totally worth it to me.

Also, if you use the same ID as on ps3, then PS+ covers both consoles. I haven't really taken advantage of that, but it's there.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Mondo_Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Albacore Tuna
« Reply #904 on: May 16, 2015, 09:23:16 AM »

So, the reluctance for me is, do i spend $400 on a PS4, $60 for the game and somewhere around $400 for another wheel...or just use the stick?

Or do I get the PC version and hope my workstation is good enough to run it, my G27 is supported on the PC version...

But how many of my fellow Tunas/Tuna Associates are going to be on the PS4 and how many on the PC version?

Would it be worth while to start a three in here so ppl can post what version they are going to  or have gotten?

Is there any chance that we will be able to race cross-platform, (able to race with friends no matter what version they have)?

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #905 on: May 16, 2015, 11:52:41 AM »

I would like a PS4 but I can't justify it right now.  I'd rather put the money into a new graphics card, and I will probably need to before the next wave of VR headsets come out.

I doubt that we will be able to race cross platform.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #906 on: May 16, 2015, 12:55:42 PM »

The wife picked up my copy of this for the ps4. Haven't played yet, but I'll be checking it out here soon, and not Kaz soon. :)

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #907 on: May 16, 2015, 01:51:28 PM »

I just got the PS4.  Just waiting on wheel money.  Perhaps by end of summer.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #908 on: May 16, 2015, 02:05:37 PM »

I will be going the PC route with a few minor stipulations. First I have GT6 and A Corsa keeping me amused for the time being so I am kinda holding out until they work through the early bird issues that are inevitable with every game that comes out now and when it goes on sale probably will be close to the same time. It is just a $50 game I gotta buy right now as opposed to new console plus the game.

Second I will possibly also get it for the PS4 if the larger crowds are found there but only after the price of a PS4 comes down to possibly somewhere closer to $300. I am not entirely sold on the PS4 yet but as it gets cheaper and GT7 gets closer I can see being in the market for one but like I said I am quite amused with what is already here.

Speaking of which was running A Corsa last night and with some, read a lot, of help got the Real Head motion working. Nice very nice indeed. But also discovered Watkins Glen short course is great fun in particular with the Radical I was in. So you can see why I am in no real big rush.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #909 on: May 16, 2015, 03:47:41 PM »

Oh boy, the learning curve is going to be a bitch with this one. I look like a caveman trying to program a vcr.  :o

Having to use L2/R2 for brake and gas just screws everything up. I can not get comfortable.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #910 on: May 16, 2015, 04:43:15 PM »

Oh boy, the learning curve is going to be a bitch with this one. I look like a caveman trying to program a vcr.  :o

Having to use L2/R2 for brake and gas just screws everything up. I can not get comfortable.

I thought I read you could change that to the sticks.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #911 on: May 16, 2015, 04:56:04 PM »

@Mondo, From what I have read PCars will require a serious gaming PC to run well.

I too am waiting for a price drop in PS4, release of GT7 and I feel confident PCars for PS4 will be sorted by then.

I don't believe we will ever see cross platform online compatibility. I went to the PS3 console because of PC hacks and cheaters. Unfortunately geohot fucked up the PS3, or you could say the PS3 designers fucked that up. At any rate I feel confident the PS4 is secure and I will go that route when it is right for me.

It is unfortunate the consoles are so tight with hardware, perhaps it is a USB security issue. As in there is no security, see Iran centrifuges.

Mondo_Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Albacore Tuna
« Reply #912 on: May 16, 2015, 05:40:15 PM »

Thanx guys, I will prolly just hold off for a while also...I don't seem to be able to get much seat time in anyways with GT6...they are just working the piss out if me...that is good compared to the alturnitive...but I am usually wiped out by early evening and by the weekend, all I want to do is rest for the next bout.  So I guess we will see how thing pan out.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #913 on: May 16, 2015, 08:59:48 PM »

I thought I read you could change that to the sticks.
You can, you can even put them on X and square, but that doesn't work to good. Those buttons are all or nothing.  :o

I'm getting more use to it, and actually like having the shifter set on the right stick. I'm sick of the damn karts though, ready to get past those and get in some more cars. Have had a few invitational car races that have been very fun. The Ruf RGT was a blast at Brands Hatch, believe it or not.  :)

Brindle

« Reply #914 on: May 17, 2015, 07:43:14 AM »

I'm getting confused now as to who has/is getting which version.  I'm on PC.  I may follow Baked's route as well because I want Uncharted when that comes out, but it won't be anytime soon.

They did optimize the game quite well, so I don't think you need a power house, but you won't get away with a Wally "Roll Back".   
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 68   Go Up