SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 02:39:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 68   Go Down

Author Topic: Project CARS General Discussion  (Read 74719 times)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
Re: Project CARS General Discussion
« Reply #930 on: May 18, 2015, 07:17:33 PM »

I ran in some rain during a couple of the invitational qualifiers, and races. It's definitely slippery.

I've already ran across a track/location I do not care for, Oulton Park. It's kinda narrow, hilly, and bumpy as hell. There's a Super Kart race there, and a car race. I had major troubles with both. Finished a distant last in the Kart, but continued on, won the next 2 races, and took the championship, by 1 point.  :D
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #931 on: May 18, 2015, 07:27:14 PM »

I ran in some rain during a couple of the invitational qualifiers, and races. It's definitely slippery.

I've already ran across a track/location I do not care for, Oulton Park. It's kinda narrow, hilly, and bumpy as hell. There's a Super Kart race there, and a car race. I had major troubles with both. Finished a distant last in the Kart, but continued on, won the next 2 races, and took the championship, by 1 point.  :D

Are you talking about Kart tracks?  I wasn't really paying attention to what the courses were called but I think I know which one you were talking about.  IIRC, the Oulton Park road course is a pretty good track going by the iRacing version.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #932 on: May 18, 2015, 07:31:11 PM »

Are you talking about Kart tracks?  I wasn't really paying attention to what the courses were called but I think I know which one you were talking about.  IIRC, the Oulton Park road course is a pretty good track going by the iRacing version.

Maybe I should learn to read.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #933 on: May 19, 2015, 07:18:42 AM »

Sound localization wasn't very good.

You're right.  I hope more people notice and say something about this, so that it becomes one of their priorities.  3D aural awareness is actually a huge part of the emmersion...

FWIW, I started a thread over there...
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24164-Is-Surround-Sound-a-WIP&highlight=surround

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #934 on: May 19, 2015, 07:56:35 AM »

AMD users may get some relief as early as next week today, when new drivers should vastly improve framerates:
https://twitter.com/amd_roy/status/599565425597288449
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 11:14:29 AM by EX_stream_tuna »

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #935 on: May 30, 2015, 09:13:50 AM »

The new AMD beta drivers specifically for Project Cars and The Witcher are out: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #936 on: May 31, 2015, 06:20:12 AM »

Career mode has gotten boring already. The game has this huge list of tracks, but the career seems to use the same handful over and over. I realize this is a UK game, but damn, how about running some races outside of that country, please.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #937 on: June 01, 2015, 08:06:28 AM »

The new AMD beta drivers specifically for Project Cars and The Witcher are out: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

Unfortunately, these are worse for most people, including myself.  If I wasn't spending a bunch of money on more important stuff, I would be jumping ship to NVIDIA...

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #939 on: June 02, 2015, 11:17:00 AM »

Of note is a new FFB default for all wheels, so the stock settings may be a lot better.  I really applaud that they did something so massive to try and respond to community complaints.

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #940 on: June 02, 2015, 01:30:12 PM »

Controls – PS4
 * Fixed an issue where the player got stuck on the career screen when entering driver name using a wheel controller.
 * Improved the support implementation of several older Fanatec wheels, such as the GT2, GT3, and CSR.
 * Fixed the Fanatec CSS so that it works correctly in sequential mode.
 * Fixed the Fanatec CSP pedals to save the calibration correctly if player calibrated only pedals.
 * Fixed the Fanatec CSP ABS rumble.
 * Fixed the Fanatec CSW handbrake.
 * Game Pad - Tilt Control support implemented to allow controller tilt to be used to control the vehicles.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #941 on: June 04, 2015, 07:06:06 AM »

I've decided that until a new AMD driver helps my PC perform with pCARS better, and the FFB defaults are changed in the new patch, I won't be bothering to play this.  When those two things come together, however, I feel this will be a really great experience

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #942 on: June 04, 2015, 11:24:18 AM »

Controls – PS4
 * Fixed an issue where the player got stuck on the career screen when entering driver name using a wheel controller.
 * Improved the support implementation of several older Fanatec wheels, such as the GT2, GT3, and CSR.
 * Fixed the Fanatec CSS so that it works correctly in sequential mode.
 * Fixed the Fanatec CSP pedals to save the calibration correctly if player calibrated only pedals.
 * Fixed the Fanatec CSP ABS rumble.
 * Fixed the Fanatec CSW handbrake.
 * Game Pad - Tilt Control support implemented to allow controller tilt to be used to control the vehicles.

I'm curious to try this.  I don't see it being a preferred method of controlling the car but it may be an interesting experience.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #943 on: June 04, 2015, 11:25:25 AM »

it will be similar to mario-kart, except when you turn the wheel too far, you'll just keep going straight!

(and no banana peels)

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #944 on: June 04, 2015, 11:30:37 AM »

it will be similar to mario-kart, except when you turn the wheel too far, you'll just keep going straight!

(and no banana peels)

Does not help much I've only played the original Mario Cart.  Still I suspect it will be better than the control afforded by the Wii-mote.  The motion censor in the DS3 and 4 is better based my experience with Metroid Prime on the Wii. On the other hand the Wii U pad is a different story its too sensitive for my taste.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 68   Go Up