• May 10, 2024, 02:26:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Feedback on C7 Corvette Prototype  (Read 8911 times)

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Feedback on C7 Corvette Prototype
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2013, 05:54:17 PM »

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2013, 06:49:45 PM »

I like it, as much as the C6, a bit more I guess. Better/upgraded 6.2 engine, more aluminum, better chassis. Good things.

And on the original topic, I think the C7 we have is pretty good. It's what you'd expect from the base model, any of my complaints would simply be that we didn't get a higher spec C7...but they're not even announced even now. The C7 drove well at Sarthe at one event I was at, my only complaint would be weight and gearing. It was good too at the seasonal TT, the main challenge being the tires (and weight).

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2013, 07:41:39 PM »

I watched a reasonable chunk of that video.  Technologically / mechanically speaking it does seem interesting, probably best I don't comment on how it looks :).

Be interesting to see how it handles in the game if / when we get the production one.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2013, 07:44:45 PM »

I like it, as much as the C6, a bit more I guess. Better/upgraded 6.2 engine, more aluminum, better chassis. Good things.

And on the original topic, I think the C7 we have is pretty good. It's what you'd expect from the base model, any of my complaints would simply be that we didn't get a higher spec C7...but they're not even announced even now. The C7 drove well at Sarthe at one event I was at, my only complaint would be weight and gearing. It was good too at the seasonal TT, the main challenge being the tires (and weight).

I'm not entirely sure about the rear tail lights but other than that, I like it.  Better than any corvette for the last 30 years or so.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2013, 10:09:12 PM »

I didn't like the C5s when they first came out.  Then it grew on me and I bought one.  The C6s never did much for me, but they grew on me and I considered trading in my C5.  The C7 doesn't do much for me, but I'm sure it'll grow on me.  However, I could do without the Camaro rear end.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2013, 07:05:28 AM »

I didn't like the C5s when they first came out.  Then it grew on me and I bought one.  The C6s never did much for me, but they grew on me and I considered trading in my C5.  The C7 doesn't do much for me, but I'm sure it'll grow on me.  However, I could do without the Camaro rear end.

This. The Corvette is a halo car... it's not supposed to slink to the parts bin during a redesign. It doesn't need to follow the rules of corporate design language.

That said, I think it's a pretty awesome looking car. I can't help but see a bit of Ferrari 599 in there...

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2013, 08:51:14 AM »

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2013, 09:41:38 AM »

I didn't like the C5s when they first came out.  Then it grew on me and I bought one.  The C6s never did much for me, but they grew on me and I considered trading in my C5.  The C7 doesn't do much for me, but I'm sure it'll grow on me.  However, I could do without the Camaro rear end.

This. The Corvette is a halo car... it's not supposed to slink to the parts bin during a redesign. It doesn't need to follow the rules of corporate design language.

That said, I think it's a pretty awesome looking car. I can't help but see a bit of Ferrari 599 in there...

I really like the design of the car....It's edgy and at the same time while elegant, it still has that menacing look .  The  part I like the least is that it has the Camaro-like rear end.....not really what I would call "halo", Stepper, as I really do think that GM did bow to the Camaro on those atrocious taillights.  They do NOT fit the car.  One of the TRADEMARKS and, if you will, SIGATURES of the Corvette from 1960 to the end of the C-6 production was the "bullet" Taillights.  They missed the mark, putting those ugly lights on the back, IMHO.  The rest of the car's design is immaculate.  Probably the only other comment I could make at this time is about the rake of the rear window.  I think it is too flat and will be a visual impairment..it could have been less of a rake.  That's also the reason they had a bigger "canvas" for the rear of the car - to paint (put) those Ugly FUCKING taillights on it,

But let's see what we can do with the production model and some decent weight mods.  C'mon, PD get yer ass in gear and send 'er out!  And speaking of ass (once more) , if I ever take any shots of this new C7 in the game, there won't be any pics of her ugly ass, heh, heh. :D

I STILL contend that the Mid-Year Corvettes (c.1963 - c.1967) were the prettiest Stingrays to grace the planet.

But in the END (pun intended), I would probably take a C7 if it were given me,
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 10:23:29 AM by TunahCroonah »

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2013, 09:56:07 AM »

I can't help but see a bit of Ferrari 599 in there...

After pondering it some more last night and this morning I'd definitely agree with that, though to me it almost seems like the unexpected by product of a union between Camaro and 599.  Don't get me wrong I do kind of like the styling on the 599, the front 1/3st of this new Vette doesn't look entirely bad to me (from certain angles the whole car even looks "ok") but that's probably because I'm thinking Ferrari not Corvette.

Mind you I probably don't have much room to talk about what's good styling because I actually like the look of the C4 ;D, the C5, C6 and now C7 just don't have the looks that make me fizz like the C4 and it's predecessors do.  Though this isn't limited to Chevrolet, I see the same kind of design / styling from Dodge and SRT with the newer Vipers too, I loved the '95-'02 styling of the R/T and GTS but the newer ones seem to be going down the same road as the Corvette.. ooh pun :).

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2013, 10:25:24 AM »

Agreed with Steve.  The tail lights and entire rear end miss the mark badly.  Also agree, the C2s are the most attractive.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2013, 11:37:28 AM »

But in the END (pun intended), I would probably take a C7 if it were given me,

Well, according to MastrGT (posted on the PSN forum) we'll be given the C7 Stingray for free on the 15th.. though you were probably talking about a real one, right Croonstar? :)

Speaking of "real ones", if I won the lottery and were in the market for a new fancy modern sports car I'd take this over a C7 any day..

.. but I'm weird like that :D.

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2013, 11:50:32 AM »

The Stingray isn't bad looking, the split window was my fav! On a side note i would rather have one of these anyway!

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2013, 04:35:49 PM »

Yup, we definitely are getting this car as free DLC tomorrow!!! ^-^

Now, as to the styling...I understand the complaints for no longer having round rear taillights.  HOWEVER, given the styling of the car round taillights don't fit at all.  The car is full of sharp angles, and round taillights would be out of place in my opinion.

PSN ID = dawson864

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2013, 10:02:12 PM »

One thing i don't understand is the black roof, why?

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2013, 11:04:49 PM »

Kind of an edgy evolution of the C6, with Italian influence...I was gonna say 599 earlier, but held back for some reason. Hell, i was gonna compare it to a Ferrari when the C6 was realeased. I don't see a problem there. I'm with Dawson, the tail lights fit even if they look like Chev's 'cheap sports car' , they're a bit edgier still than the Camaro I think, not the same, just similar.

I can't say I like the Viper much.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up