SupaTunaGT

• May 17, 2024, 04:46:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Speed Six Spec Series - Sept 16, Sept 30, and Oct 7  (Read 4748 times)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Speed Six Spec Series - Sept 16, Sept 30, and Oct 7
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2011, 12:14:31 PM »

I`m not going to be able to make it. My TV just died. >:(   :'(

That sucks!

Get to the electronics store STAT!

Brindle

« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2011, 12:16:12 PM »

I`m not going to be able to make it. My TV just died. >:(   :'(
Sorry to hear that Cip.  About 2 months ago, my tv did the same thing.  Of course it had to be first thing saturday morning too...  My day off.

Good luck with a replacement.  :)

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2011, 12:41:28 PM »

Sorry about the TV Cip. That sucks. Update us when you can.

OP updated.

REK brings the count up to 12. Week 1 though, we might have a few missing (Ronin and Cipriani, nosoks might miss race 1), so there might be room for a straggler or two to bump up back to 12.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 12:46:22 PM by TurboTuna »

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2011, 02:52:58 PM »

What time are these starting?

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2011, 03:03:40 PM »

What time are these starting?

Times:

Quali: 9:30pm
Race 1: 9:45
Race 2: 10:25

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2011, 09:53:13 PM »

Thanks for coming out everyone. I'm glad you all made it. Good racing tonight. Week 1 was Fried showing us how to get around a track. Even underpowered he had great pace. We'll see how he does at Fuji, short on HP for Quali AND race :)

I want to ge to bed. More to come on the fun and the results.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2011, 11:58:28 PM »

Definitely an interesting start!  I like the way it's set up too with the two shorter races at different tracks per meeting, not that have anything against 1 longer race though since that's just as good :).  And the car, that was definitely an interesting experience lol, I'm not sure which was more inconsistent me or the car!  Seemed like every lap was a gamble between oversteer and understeer, each subsequent lap being different from the previous one too .. I think I like the car though, I just suck at driving  :laugh

Thanks for setting this up Turbo!  Looking forward to the next round!

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2011, 06:47:02 AM »

Fun fun... and Fried was crazy quick at the mini-Nurb  :o

Thanks for letting me play field-filler. Also, I am #56.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2011, 07:36:47 AM »

Fun indeed. Drivers, cars, track...the only thing holding it back was the tires. Racing Hard makes it very challenging. Fried had a graet Q time at Monza. Probably a second faster than half the field.

Race 1 started rough for 2 drivers. Ronin was crowded in turn 1 and ate dirt, and Feldynn (I think) had complications in the first chicane. I got a decent start from 5th, but had a hard time through the chicane and the top 3 spots, I think - Fried, Wiz, and Stepper - pulled away from the rest. Dawson and I were in the second pack, maybe with someone else - Feldynn/Chrome?. Eventually, the chase group was just Dawson and I, and we stayed together until the end of lap 12, when he got some dirt on the last corner and dropped back a bit. It was a great run with him, with lots of passes, close calls, fast laps. Hotstepper, at some point, lost touch with Fried and Wiz, who stayed together until the last(?) lap. I think Wiz made a mistake and Fried took the win by a few seconds.

(Sorry to finishers 6-10...I have no idea what went on behind me either race.)

Race 2, lap 1...was more of a challenge than Monza. First, Dude made a mistake into corner 1 and took 2 cars off track with him, including Fried. Then, I braked late into the chicance. I didn't have heavy contact with the barrier, but I was off track and had to let everyone by before rejoining. Luckily, my bad braking didn't hurt anyone (much). I got back up to pace quickly though, and gained on the pack quite a bit. I was surprised at how the gap closed. Through it all, Wiz was able to get a great start and held the lead for much of the race. I was actually able to make my way through the pack. I had some good laps with guys, but nothing lasted for some reason. Fried and Stepper recovered from lap 1, and held spots 2-3 quite a while, with nosoks in 4. I think nosoks and Stepper lost some pace, and Fried went on to chase Wiz, while I eventually caught and passed nosoks and Stepper. I don't know what happened to Wiz, such a good start and mid-race, but in the second half, he dropped from 1 to 3. Fried got him around lap 9, and I got him on lap 11 or 12. I think I was turning lap times similar to Fried, but it wasn't enough.

Well done everyone. A few mistakes, but good racing, and some very good performances.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 07:41:54 AM by TurboTuna »

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2011, 08:04:45 AM »

Fun indeed. Drivers, cars, track...the only thing holding it back was the tires. Racing Hard makes it very challenging. Fried had a graet Q time at Monza. Probably a second faster than half the field.

Race 1 started rough for 2 drivers. Ronin was crowded in turn 1 and ate dirt, and Feldynn (I think) had complications in the first chicane. I got a decent start from 5th, but had a hard time through the chicane and the top 3 spots, I think - Fried, Wiz, and Stepper - pulled away from the rest. Dawson and I were in the second pack, maybe with someone else - Feldynn/Chrome?. Eventually, the chase group was just Dawson and I, and we stayed together until the end of lap 12, when he got some dirt on the last corner and dropped back a bit. It was a great run with him, with lots of passes, close calls, fast laps. Hotstepper, at some point, lost touch with Fried and Wiz, who stayed together until the last(?) lap. I think Wiz made a mistake and Fried took the win by a few seconds.

(Sorry to finishers 6-10...I have no idea what went on behind me either race.)

Not only did I eat dirt but I went all the way to the wall nose first, but I think I made a valiant effort not to fuck up Thunny's race. It was everything I could do to keep the car from coming back on to the track and crossing right in his path. I'll be honest I was pretty upset after the race last night, I got into the race knowing full well it would make me late for work and then I was unable to enjoy the race because of someones else's stupidity. I look forward to the upcoming weeks tho, I have a hell of a points deficit to overcome, should prove to be challenging.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 08:10:20 AM by RoninTuna »

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2011, 08:20:07 AM »

Oh yeah, I forgot about that first chicane at Monza.  That was definitely me, for once I had a pretty good qualifying time and started 3rd then had a good start that got me up to 1st I think coming into that chicane, sadly I completely screwed up braking and ended up hitting the chicane wall so I waited for most to pass before trying to get back on the track given where I was stuck at.

That was something I just couldn't get a handle on all night too, the braking points.  Maybe I need to mess with my brake bias, even though it's the same as for most race cars I run it felt like each lap had slightly different braking points than the last  :-\.

I don't recall much of what went on near the back, but I think Dude, Chrome, BigRek and myself had the occasional back and forth.  I remember I followed BigRek into the sand at the last corner at one point and left Chrome wondering why we were braking so late :).

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Brindle

« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2011, 09:55:19 AM »

Great evnet Turbo!!!  The 2 races at different tracks is fun as hell.  I was practicing early in the day Friday at Monza and put a quick setup under it.  Then headed to GP-F and tried the same tune with a  slight spring and gear change, and it seemed to work well.  That made switching tracks not to bad, as the car would keep the same feel as last race.

Race 1, I started on the pole, with Wizard, Stepper and Feldyn, just waiting to pounce.  Before we even get to the first turn, Feldyn goes flying by, followed by Wiz and Stepper.  Unfortunately, Feldyn missed the chicane, which left Wizard, Stepper and myself with a slight gap on 4rd.  For the next 5+ laps, the 3 of us stayed very close and were having some good battles.  Stepper slowly lost touch with Wiz and I around lap 7 or 8, but I don't think the 2 of us were ever more than .5 sec apart.  I don't know what the hell Wiz was doing, it was lap 15, going into turn 1.  I had a draft and went for the pass entering.  I look in my rear view mirror to see if I cleared, and all I see is dust and him saying "shit!".    I really wanted to race him to the line.  It would have been a close one had we stayed together till the line.

Race 2 proved to be more difficult.  Now down 5pp (-15hp) and starting on pole, I was worried about turn 1.  As i figured, I did not get off the line well and was getting beat by a few cars heading into 1.  Next came some laughter.  I dropped to about 4st by turn 1, but things looked ok...  Oops, they weren't.  I couldn't see, but someone hit Stepper, who was 6 inches from my right door already.  We both go off, with a few others, but regain composure quickly.  Now back at the end of the field, I had a lot of work to catch Wizard, who took off from the start.  I followed Stepper for a while, as we climbed back up to the front.  Around lap 6 (i think) I was finally able to make a pass on Stepper (wasn't easy).  The rest of the race, I hunkered down and was determined to catch Wizard.  Some where around lap 10, I am knocking on Wiz's back door and make a pass going into turn 1.  After that, I just kept an eye on my mirror and drove a couple clean laps to finish the race.

Can't wait till week 2!  :) 

Thanks again Turbo.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2011, 10:01:44 AM »

The rest of the race, I hunkered down and was determined to catch Wizard.  Some where around lap 10, I am knocking on Wiz's back door and make a pass going into turn 1. 

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2011, 09:32:19 AM »

Good events Friday night!  Had a lot of fun in both of those races.

Turbo, the first race in Monza was a blast with you and I swapping spots almost the entire race.  I made a few small mistakes in that last turn, and the 3rd time it was a big enough mistake for you to pull away for good, haha.  Tons of fun though.

The second race, I was pretty much an also ran.  I always have a very difficult time on that track and I didn't spend any time trying to tune the suspension.  So I just did the best I could to stay out of the contenders' ways ^-^

Looking forward to Part II

PSN ID = dawson864

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2011, 09:53:54 AM »

I also discovered last night that the Speed 6 is only a 5 speed.

I thought this was funny when I read it 2 weeks ago...

But it just occurred to me that, in that very brief sentence, you've summed up the entire existence and history of TVR. Well Done.

TVR should have changed it's slogan to:

"Too weird to live, too rare to die"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up