SupaTunaGT

• May 17, 2024, 04:48:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Manufacturers Team Championship  (Read 6030 times)

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: Manufacturers Team Championship
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2011, 08:19:07 AM »

Congrats to Wizard and Dude for running away with this one. I believe they were 45 seconds ahead of Dawson (Wolfpack) in 3st with Sniper not far behind in 4rd.

After running around trying to find the R390 I gave up and had to find a car with 2 hours to go before the room opened. I settled on the GT-R '07 and got it to 1:58:850 just before the start.

At the start it was Wizard. Sniper, Dude and myself running away from the rest and when Dude got by Sniper he took off with Wizard and I never saw them again.

Then my tires were going and I'm pretty sure Snipers were too because we were falling back together. I could see Dawson gaining all the time and knew I had to pit which I did on lap 12 even though it was a 25 lap race.

My car just ate tires and knew it was everything in my power just to make it to the end. With all that went on with car hunting and not a lot of practice I'm very pleased with a 5rd place finish out of 9.

Tuna's from 1 - 5 and sorry Phreak I don't remember exactly where you finished but I'm guessing you had tire troubles as well.

Good fun guys and congrats to Team GM on the 1rd and 4st.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2011, 10:11:14 AM »

Another fun race!  I had a lot of close wheel to wheel passes that were largely (and at times amazingly) contact free.  I was able to lay down a high 1:57 lap time in qualifying so I was very curious as to why I started 6th of 9 entrants?  Anyone know how the starting grid was set?

In the race itself I was punted off the track on lap 2.  Luckily I was entirely in the grass so my tires weren't scuffed up that much but it put me immediately 20 seconds behind the rest of the field.  Catching up was fun but the tires couldn't go the distance and I finally pitted on lap 18.  I finished roughly 40 seconds back in 3rd place but was gaining a few seconds a lap on the leader at that point :P

Great Tuna showing again, taking all podium positions!  Well done team GM and Nissan especially.  I'm looking forward to the next race after Christmas.

PSN ID = dawson864

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2011, 10:12:51 AM »

Way to go Wizard! Way to go Tuna!

I could see Wiz just ahead, pretty much the whole race, but I never got close enough to do anything. Tire wear was an issue for all, though I must admit it was the hairpin more than anything that added time to my laps. Watching the replay Sniper had nice even tire wear, yep front and rear completely worn out. (Damn fast lap times on rims by the way.) Wolfpack forgot to send the pitstop memo to TunaPhreak. Leaf you did a great job jumping in that GT-R at the last minute and running some strong laps. I noted during race near the final laps you were sitting in 3st, but with no front tires to speak of that did not last.

Goos Times

Off to pick up bushels of dancing bananas.........

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2011, 10:17:05 AM »

Another fun race!  I had a lot of close wheel to wheel passes that were largely (and at times amazingly) contact free.  I was able to lay down a high 1:57 lap time in qualifying so I was very curious as to why I started 6th of 9 entrants?  Anyone know how the starting grid was set?

In the race itself I was punted off the track on lap 2.  Luckily I was entirely in the grass so my tires weren't scuffed up that much but it put me immediately 20 seconds behind the rest of the field.  Catching up was fun but the tires couldn't go the distance and I finally pitted on lap 18.  I finished roughly 40 seconds back in 3rd place but was gaining a few seconds a lap on the leader at that point :P

Great Tuna showing again, taking all podium positions!  Well done team GM and Nissan especially.  I'm looking forward to the next race after Christmas.

The best way I have seen it done here.

When ready for Q. Host changes track to any other track then back to where race is at. Then set race start time to allow for X amount of Q time. Race will auto start and grid will fill proper by times.

Watching the replay it looked harsh for a couple of you guys.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 10:27:19 AM by DudeTuna »

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2011, 10:39:35 AM »

Fun first race of the series for Wiz and I. I assume he had fun anyway since he won. I waited until about 3 minutes before entering the host's lounge before deciding between the Vette and a Camaro. The Vette won out because it was more fun to drive.

Anyway, qualified 3th (not sure how that happened) and won the drag race to turn one. I think Wiz and Dude let me lead a couple before they got bored,past me and disappeared. Had some good racing with Leaf for most of the race. Towards the end, I had to watch helplessly as Wolfpack and his RMed Lotus passed with 2 laps to go which left me with a 4rd place finish. Not bad I think.

Hope everyone had as much fun as I did. The racing was clean and fast. And when it was all done, the top five wreaked of Tuna. Nice job guys!

Long Line Tunas!!!!

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2011, 12:07:54 PM »

Way to go Wizard! Way to go Tuna!

I could see Wiz just ahead, pretty much the whole race, but I never got close enough to do anything. Tire wear was an issue for all, though I must admit it was the hairpin more than anything that added time to my laps. Watching the replay Sniper had nice even tire wear, yep front and rear completely worn out. (Damn fast lap times on rims by the way.) Wolfpack forgot to send the pitstop memo to TunaPhreak. Leaf you did a great job jumping in that GT-R at the last minute and running some strong laps. I noted during race near the final laps you were sitting in 3st, but with no front tires to speak of that did not last.

Goos Times

Off to pick up bushels of dancing bananas.........

Was that Phreak? I heard that said after the race and I couldn't even imagine going the whole way without a pit. I thought Eivl said that because when I lapped him with 2 to go he was sideways in the tunnel.

Man that was fun and I have no problem with tire wear from the new update if that was an issue last night. I never got any practice in for this but I couldn't believe the tires were going that fast for me any way.

Can't wait for the next one.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2011, 03:52:42 PM »

Nice job guys! You make me proud!  :'(   
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2011, 04:01:51 PM »

Nice job guys! You make me proud!  :'(   

If only I could have caught Wizard, then I'd have all the bananas muahahahahaha. 

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2011, 04:22:43 PM »

If only I could have caught Wizard, then I'd have all the bananas muahahahahaha. 

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2011, 07:40:18 PM »

Yeah I'm not sure what happened with the starting grid either.  I asked him about it over at GTP so we'll see what he says.

Great race Tunas!  Had Phreak pitted, I think it would have been a 1th through 6rd finish for us.  Good stuff guys.

I'd guess Dude and I had roughly 20 out of the 25 laps where the same exact thing happpened, lap after lap.  He would close the gap in turns 2,3 & 4, then he would get a little loose coming out of the hairpin, so I'd pull away a little only to have him catch back up to me, especially in the sharp left/right  combo before the long straightaway, but then my power kicked in and I'd pull away a little on the straight.  Rinse and repeat.  Great race, Dude!

I'm glad I decided to try the Camaro, as I wasn't going to originally.

Looking forward to the next race.  :)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 07:42:44 PM by TunaWiz »

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2011, 08:05:52 AM »

Here's the specs for race 3, this should be very interesting.

Race Number Three

Time: 22:00 Eastern Time. UTC -5.
Date: Tuesday January 3rd, 2011 GMT
Track: Autumn Ring Reverse
Weather: Sunny
Host: EivlEvo (Races are in MY LOUNGE! MAKE SURE YOU FRIEND REQUEST ME!)
PP Limit: 300PP
Tires: Sports Soft or less.
Ballast Allowed (6 kilos or less must be at position zero): Yes
Engine Limiters Allowed: No
Aerodynamics Parts Allowed: No
Racing Cars Allowed: No
Racing Modifications Allowed: No
Concept Cars Allowed/Tuner Cars: Please inquire
Driving Aides: Traction Control, Anti-Lock Brakes, Driving Line
Penalties: Off (Please race as friends should)
Track Edge Grip: Real
Damage: Partial
Slipstream Strength: Weak

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2011, 01:18:29 PM »

So what in the heck are UK and Chevy going to use? I'm mostly curious because I can't see any cars in the 300pp range.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2011, 01:21:18 PM »

He sent Sniper and I a PM letting us know we have the option to use one of two different Opel's.

Not sure about Team UK.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2011, 05:06:24 PM »

Just out of curiousity, how much HP were you running the R390 at, Dude? 

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2011, 05:15:41 PM »

Just out of curiousity, how much HP were you running the R390 at, Dude?  

I don't know. What I do know is all I did was chassis and engine refresh and full aero made 550pp.

Also, I have it shared. Check it out.  :)

Also, also, maybe you could fix it so it can get around that :fuck ing hairpin. 
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 05:24:31 PM by DudeTuna »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up