SupaTunaGT

• May 14, 2024, 06:35:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Linked Events

• GT-300 24 hours of Nürburgring: February 24, 2012
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Complete: 24 hours of GT300 at the 24h Ring; in 2 hours  (Read 10565 times)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com

I'm going to ahve to miss this, unfortunately.  Let me know how that AWD works out for ya.  It seemed pretty solid Wed night.  If I was running, I was thinking about using it too.

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.

Sorry to miss you tonight ex, looks like someone else will be taking pole ;)

Lounge is up!
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

BadBoots

• Yellowfin Tuna

Sorry I bailed, No Dico( which is surprising) 9min down. I went to the cave to ponder :puff Getting ready for midnight :bong
:dj :bass :guitar :jams :rocks :iwtband :fiesta

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna

:fucking discoed. 

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna

Evnet turned to poo poo anyway, between discos and willful departs, there were only two finishers after a grueling 2 hours and 20 min in the rain. Thanks to every one for coming out, guess I'm destined for failure, both in performance and planning :-(  Maybe if it was same setup with no weather it would have been better, first two laps were pretty good I thought...
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna

Good idea, PD implementation of weather phucked you over Phreak

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna

:stoopid:

You didn't fail Phreak, PD fails.

Run it again with no weather and I'll be there!  :)

RoninTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
Re: Complete: 24 hours of GT300 at the 24h Ring; in 2 hours
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2012, 03:40:04 AM »

Thanks for holding this. I did enjoy the bulk of the event. It's so rare for me to enjoy a race where I actually feel comfortable like I feel in the rain and darkness. I do have to be honest all the discos and withdraws did take a lot of the starch out of the win. Don't let the results of this one get you down, the format works, we just need a little less bullshit from PD and the weather.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2012, 08:29:43 AM »

Thanks for the encouragement guys.  Sorry about getting all whiny schoolgirl last night  :-[

I had just gotten really, really excited for this event.  I finally planned something far enough out that participation was good, interest was great, and the starting grid looked purty!

Then the weather came and it all fell apart.  I mean, I planned to have weather, I posted about it, but no one (well, ALMOST no one ;))was prepared for the full onslaught of torrential rain (and maybe snow at one point!) storms.  From such an amazing start (I even said in the first few laps this was some of the most fun I'd been having) to such crap in 3-4 laps...  By lap 7 I almost wanted to cry.  It was like watching my baby wither and die :P  By lap 10, I gave up and parked it myself.

So with that said, YES I absolutely want to run this again, this time in the dry, but still with day/night cycle.  Personally I want to run it right now, but that's just because I'm upset at what could have been...

So keep an eye out for a new thread with a new date in it.  And hopefully by that time, the phucking disco's will be done!

BadBoots

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2012, 10:44:29 AM »

Hey Phreak You put on an great event and appreciate the effort  I'll be there for the next one. :ttu
 As for last night, lets see I spent a lot of time testing cars running at night ( night driving got much improved)
Kinda hoping for better weather. But knew we would  :-\ SNOW in the middle of the night didn't expect that!

I get into the room and my damm mic Fuck quits. Nice can't talk or hear everybody. >:(
The first few laps were a blast, made the pit stop , the next couple laps..... well  soup sandwich comes to mind
Then trying for 1 more lap before full wets was a BAD mistake 13.5 min lap. Shit!!!! Keep diggin' pit change tires.
Starting lap 8, I'm now 8.5 min behind with the room down to 4. Thinking I'm gonna get lapped soon  :P :P
So as I slide off for the umpteenth time pounding the wall. That was enough, time to go :puff :bong
Went hit up Charlies show for some fun, but No mic, I just hope I didn't mess up anybody, I know there was some close calls.
 just not into the whole thing and went to :zzz
:dj :bass :guitar :jams :rocks :iwtband :fiesta

Brindle

:stoopid:  Plus my screen went black about 5 laps in.  Road dissapeared and the only thing you could make out was there is something on the hills to my left, but you couldn't see the road at all, total black.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2012, 08:57:45 AM »

^That is so bizarre!

It was a fun race, in a tortuous self loathing sort of way, hehe.  Attrition was key, and I was happy to complete the entire event!

PSN ID = dawson864

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2012, 10:09:51 AM »

Something to consider for future events, red flags. If you decide the weather is out of control, throw a red flag. All racing series stop the race if the weather is beyond what is safe to drive in.

Take note of who is in what position then everyone back out. Reset the room with better weather conditions (waiting out the rain), reduce the amount of laps to what you have left to complete and restart.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2012, 10:33:26 AM »

I experienced a similar thing where the screen looked like a photo negative. I can understand the self torture thing but not when it comes to racing. If that was a real race with a track at 100% saturation and not letting up I would tend to believe a real race would have been red flagged. I have seen Sebring red flagged as well as Daytona 24hr race. So i went with a voluntary red flag

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2012, 10:36:43 AM »

To the last two posts I have to agree and say very good points!

PSN ID = dawson864
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up