• May 10, 2024, 11:54:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Speed Six Spec Series - Sept 16, Sept 30, and Oct 7  (Read 4691 times)

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: Speed Six Spec Series - Sept 16, Sept 30, and Oct 7
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2011, 01:06:04 PM »

Yeah, that's one of the corners where you really have to be careful about power oversteer. Fuji has a few of them. That picture shows what happens if you don't get it right. If you're lucky, it's a one car incident. You were unlucky here, and the erratically spinning #64 almost knocked you into next week.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2011, 02:02:06 PM »

He did....I was just about to edit my post but I'll just post them in this one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/battousaiofnphiles/GT4%20Pics/FujiSpeedwayF_2-3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/battousaiofnphiles/GT4%20Pics/FujiSpeedwayF_1-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/battousaiofnphiles/GT4%20Pics/FujiSpeedwayF-3.jpg

That took me out of contention in a hurry. I may have been slow but I was accurate enough and easy enough on my tires, it was a top five car that was lost due to recklessness.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 11:58:40 PM by RoninTuna »

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2011, 03:29:41 PM »

Now if Wizard - the following orange car - would have followed suit, it would have made for a visually amusing clip. Three of the same car, similar colors, synchronized spinning - kind of like a team sport. When's the next Olympics?

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2011, 10:59:22 AM »

I'm sorry for that incident.  I hadn't had a problem with that turn in any of my practice runs.  However, on that lap I got on the throttle a bit aggressively and lost traction when driving over the gators.  Really nothing more I can say than that :(

If it's any consolation to Ronin I can't attend the last two races, I didn't realize when I signed up that I'd be out of town for a wedding that weekend.  Hope there aren't any hard feelings :-[

PSN ID = dawson864

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2011, 12:24:55 PM »

If it's any consolation to Ronin I can't attend the last two races, I didn't realize when I signed up that I'd be out of town for a wedding that weekend.  Hope there aren't any hard feelings :-[

It is not. I am not among the fastest of drivers in this group, I enter into points series with the intention to be in contention in the points. I am not able beat a handful of drivers on the track regularly but I am consistent enough I look to hang with them in the points and possibly get them in the points. Now, with two races trashed and two FTS's The final two races can not help me, my season is over and the paperwork for my resignation is on Turbos desk. I simply do not enjoy this car enough to warrant attending for the shear sake of driving with the guys. I did not have any fun in the two races I started and I have ample reason to believe that the fun factor has been completely negated for the last two races. So no, it is of no consolation to me as I will not be there. I figure I'll save the guys two races of bitching and complaining by me over the radio.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2011, 06:03:32 PM »

I'm sure I can come up with a reason to bitch and complain, so we should be fine Ronin. I can always find Something to complain about.

However, my cellar-dwellers have left, and I have my gaming space returned to me. No more moving crap around to get ready for racing in my living room. One less reason to bitch.

The last 2 races should be interesting. They'll have their own challenges. We learned that Indy oval is fine with this setup, but as usual, a crowded track + high speed drafting requires careful navigating. Daytona Road Course has corner 1 and the bus top, plus a number of those power oversteer corners to watch out for.

As I mentioned, the Original and Week 2 posts on page 1 are updated. Fried has a comfy lead in the standings, and I'm second. Wizard and Stepper are tied for fourth, and could easily catch me. Feldynn is in fifth, and could move up the standings. We know Dude and Chrome have the pace, so they cold move up the standings if luck stops kicking their asses.

See y'all Friday night!

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2011, 12:38:53 PM »

First Practice Session:

I spent over 45 effing minutes trying to get my PS3 to output video to my TVs (moved from one to another last night) TVs kept saying 'no signal' or 'unsupported'. 45 EFFING minutes. I had to change cables and do some stupid effing reset thing on the system. (it only resets the video output, I think) So I got to put 15 minutes into driving, which ended up being the STUPID Red Bll X2010 challenge at Monza, which I easily got Bronze at again, but had to cheat (take advantage of some chicanes) to get silver. STUPID EFFING SYSTEM

I feel better now.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2011, 08:19:43 AM »

As of right now it looks like I'm not going to be able to make it tonight.  :'(

Have fun boys.  :)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2011, 09:25:24 AM »

Gonna miss you tonight Wiz.

My only question is, who's going to take Fried out on lap one? 

I do need some clarification. Power limiter is only 1 percent adjustable at any time (99%-100%). Is that correct?

LR-MR-maxking39

• Albacore Tuna
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2011, 01:24:35 PM »

Me and fried are gonna be at it again  :-\
It's good to be king!

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2011, 01:37:56 PM »

Gonna miss you tonight Wiz.

I do need some clarification. Power limiter is only 1 percent adjustable at any time (99%-100%). Is that correct?

Yes, please.

I haven't practiced this week, but I'm ready to go. Indy should be fun.

Remember, Max and Fried should be both at 415hp. If you 2 use max aero, that's Max 580pp. If you use lower aero, your pp may be lower.

Same for everyone else - who are all at 430hp. With max aero, you would be at 585pp. With lower aero, your PP will be lower. This probably wasn't clear for the first 2 weekends, but it isn't a big deal.

Go get your oil change and come to my lounge whenever you're ready (tonight). I'll be on as soon as I can, definitely some time after 8.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2011, 02:38:10 PM »

Me and fried are gonna be at it again  :-\

Is that supposed to be trash talk?

In that case I might have to whoop some ass tonight  :D

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2011, 05:54:50 AM »

Thanks to everyone who came out and raced the TVR's. That there be some fun shit.

Just 7 drivers out for week 3, with mixed results. Except for fried, he won both. I qualified first at Indy oval - narrowly beating Chrome. A few of us had some good laps together, and Fried and I stayed together until the end. My tires were toast though, so I couldn't stay with him in the final corners to make a really good run.

DRC was...interesting. I think the only one who drove 'well' the entire race was Fried, though Hotstepper did pretty well to take a relatively easy second, after Chrome, Dude and I took several off track excursions and left him alone. Combinations of the four of us had some good laps together. Close, fast racing. Dude and I battled for third near the end, we both crashed on lap 15, and he made it by me for the podium. It was a brutal race, but fun racing with those 3 guys. Nosoks and Feldynn were there too, but they had even less luck than me and Dude.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2011, 07:13:24 AM »

Thanks for putting it together Turbo. Sometimes tough car to drive, but fun nonetheless.  :)
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2011, 08:33:07 AM »

Great series Turbo, thanks man. Goos times
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up