SupaTunaGT

• May 16, 2024, 05:54:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Linked Events

• Mini Challenge Cup!: February 05, 2015
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 02/05/15 ToC: Mini Challenge Cup!  (Read 3122 times)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
02/05/15 ToC: Mini Challenge Cup!
« on: February 03, 2015, 11:56:26 PM »

================
Class in Session
================

Mini Challenge Cup!

This week we once again go spec racing with an homage to the Mini Challenge UK race series, sadly we don't have a spiffy Mini Cooper race car or even some fancy bolt on aero pieces but we do at least have the 2011 Mini Cooper S which has some nice stripes on the hood and looks awesome with a Driver Number slapped on the side!

So here's the deal, grab a Mini Cooper S '11 and throw on the parts listed below, tune where applicable and lets go racing!!

Class Specs

Car:       Mini Cooper S '11
Power:   264hp
Weight:  959kg
Tires:     Sports Soft

Required Parts / Tuning:

Fully Custom Suspension:  tune as desired
Racing Brakes:  adjust bias as desired
Fully Custom Transmission:  Set top speed to 162mph
Triple-plate clutch
Customizable LSD:  tune as desired
Racing exhaust
Sports ECU
High RPM Turbo
Stage 3 weight reduction
Window Weight Reduction

Oil change

Driver Number

Everything not listed above MUST be stock!

=======
Track:  Red Bull Ring
=======

When: Thursday, February 5st
Official Running Time: 8-11:00pm EDT
Lounge Comment:  Touch of Class
Lounge Owner:  Feldynn
Lounge Setting:  Private / friends only
Lounge HP Limit:  264hp
Lounge KG Limit:  959kg
Driving Aids Allowed:  Traction Control, ABS, Driving Line
Car Setup: See Spec Above!
Tires:  Sports Soft
Tire / Fuel usage:  Fast
Grid:  Reverse grid based on previous results
Start Times:  Auto clock set to 6 mins
Lap Count: 6ish (more if needed)

Wrinkles:  Spec race with limited tuning (see above), and as always race clean, race hard, respect the track boundries, have fun!

Anyone interested in attending please send me (Feldynn) a Friend Request on the PSN as early as possible, if it says I'm full just drop me a quick PM and I should be able to make room.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 12:02:26 AM by Feldynn »

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: 02/05/15 ToC: Mini Challenge Cup!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 10:54:11 PM »

Mine is still set up from last August when we ran this for ToC had not gotten back in it since then.........should make for an interesting night tomorrow night.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 06:32:34 AM »

:stoopid:

its the only time mine sees the light of day
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 07:15:28 AM »

:D
But I am still looking forward to tonight. After having gotten to play some more Asetto Corsa yes the graphics are better the driving more challenging and likely more like real life but the one thing Sony and pd have done right is make it easy to gather up and get good races together with friends. The communal feeling that they instilled and we distilled within this game have made it more than just a piece of software allowing me to simulate driving a given car around a track. Flawed as it may be and even with pd's odd at best handling of giving us what they say they're going to I can still apreciate the community aspect of it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 07:22:47 AM by BakedTuna »

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 11:50:15 AM »

:D
But I am still looking forward to tonight. After having gotten to play some more Asetto Corsa yes the graphics are better the driving more challenging and likely more like real life but the one thing Sony and pd have done right is make it easy to gather up and get good races together with friends. The communal feeling that they instilled and we distilled within this game have made it more than just a piece of software allowing me to simulate driving a given car around a track. Flawed as it may be and even with pd's odd at best handling of giving us what they say they're going to I can still apreciate the community aspect of it.

This is why I really like console gaming.

also,

:i concur

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 11:59:09 AM »

I get what you are saying with A. Corsa I have to have my mouse and a keyboard instead of just being able to navigate with the buttons on my wheel and it has voice communication but it is through another program. Leaving it feeling somewhat disjointed when compared to consoles having everything together. I know the towers are more powerful and capable than consoles but there is something to be said for the simplicity and convenience of consoles.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 12:41:59 PM »

I get what you are saying with A. Corsa I have to have my mouse and a keyboard instead of just being able to navigate with the buttons on my wheel and it has voice communication but it is through another program. Leaving it feeling somewhat disjointed when compared to consoles having everything together. I know the towers are more powerful and capable than consoles but there is something to be said for the simplicity and convenience of consoles.

So easy to see who is online and either pm them or just join the room they are in.  :)

In the old days of PC gamiing I had a program call All Seeing Eye (ASE). It was awesome I could see all my friends, what game they were playing and even join the server they were on. Then along came Yahoo who bought ASE and it died a slow and painful death.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 12:45:25 PM by DudeTuna »

Brindle

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 07:56:00 PM »

Hey PD. GO FUCK YOUSELF!!!!!!

You will NEVER get me to play a game made by you ever again!

Fuck off PD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone here for the years of good times, but you won't be seeing me again.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 10:04:35 PM »

Um okay, but, I missed your last dance. Please forgive me. I have a bit of intuition and I will prognosticate that it was a network issue, that caused this outburst. So many things we can fix besides painted wings, is exactly what I hear myself telling my manager. (Completely different yet the same shit) So we ignore online Internet.

Maybe it comes from high up. I don't know and really don't care. I see a lot of potential for the product an d enjoyment by all consumers. Perhaps it has jumped the shark, perhaps it will end like ASE (best companion piece of software I have ever known) a slow and pitiful death by painted wings and wingdings.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 10:23:42 PM »

that's saddening, hope you have a change of heart Brin cuz that was some fun. Online stability would make all the other shit bearable
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 03:04:57 PM »

I think one of the bigger issues is the ability for anyone to set up a room. So far when I have raced in AC if I want to run online I have to wait until I know either Brindle or Wiz will be on. Whereas in GT any of us can set up a room and let others filter in as they want.

Brindle

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 03:35:42 PM »

I think one of the bigger issues is the ability for anyone to set up a room. So far when I have raced in AC if I want to run online I have to wait until I know either Brindle or Wiz will be on. Whereas in GT any of us can set up a room and let others filter in as they want.

The only problem with that statement is it was absolutely NOT easy for me to race online last night. Also i haven't seen in over a year of people filtering in a room to do whatever. Things are ALWAYS planned.

P.s.  Sorry for the harsh rant above. Was in no mood for crap and PD made sure I couldn't race online last night

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 03:57:44 PM »

I know the feeling how many times have I went through and had to set my buttons, steering and pedals in AC?  Last week I was on for a couple of hours and was lucky if I ran 20 laps. I definitely can empathize.  But last night I went into two different rooms with 7 or more and it did not require any of us to have our own server.

I apologize if it seems as if I am trying to piss you off that is not my intent at all I am just speaking as someone who is much less technically skilled than either you or Wiz. Towers and sims on towers are much more involved than consoles and therefore much more intimidating or to say another way consoles are just more convenient to those like myself.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 05:38:56 PM by BakedTuna »

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2015, 04:55:16 PM »

Take the week ToC ran the S2k's I setup a room before Feldynn's and we had me and you and maybe 2 or 3 other folks wonder in before we went over to Feldynns room if that was on a tower I would not have been able to do that. That is all I am trying to point out.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2015, 11:32:52 PM »

Honestly Brindle I hope you will reconsider as I am relatively certain we all enjoy running with you. But if not I get it and am not going to try to change your mind as PD has pissed me off a number of times myself and I have a hard time seeing another way when that angry with them. Luckily in my case it has not driven me away entirely .................. yet! Besides your grown ass man with a mind of his own.

In all this discussion I never did remember to thank Feldynn for being the race promoter, host and competitor. And thanks also to Agent, Peyepete, Badaboya and Nosoks for sharing the track it was a fun night of racing.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 11:36:59 PM by BakedTuna »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up