SupaTunaGT

• May 04, 2024, 09:32:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: GT Academy  (Read 70957 times)

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: GT Academy
« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2012, 07:25:21 PM »

I really don't like the made up tracks, and this 2-4 is causing lots of bad words to be heard in my house.  I'm a half second off Hey's pace and I have no idea where to come up with it.  Normally I like to be within a tenth or two of him, but like I said, I'm at a loss.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2012, 10:17:45 AM »

http://playfront.de/about/gta-academy-season-2-shots/

Last pic, Round 8 Motegi short course. There were multiple variations in GT4.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2012, 10:47:54 AM »

Very interesting.  Wasn't a big fan of Motegi but any additional tracks are good tracks in my book.

Hope it gets added to the game.  :)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #108 on: May 07, 2012, 02:50:12 PM »

I'm amazed that Takeuchi is going to probably break 26 seconds at the Silvia Tokyo stage.  That's FUCKING ridiculous.

is takeuchi someone from SONY or PD?  I heard someone talk about him before as if they knew him from workin with SONY.  Maybe MasterGT?  I don't really recal.

But yea I'm mostly following his ghosts around the events so far.

Some of you guys are doing really well too!!

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2012, 06:55:46 AM »

Some of you guys are doing really well too!!

No kiddin! I was happy with my 9rd or 10nd that I got against you guys , I was shocked to get a 5st for one of them. I won't spend more than 10 minutes on these, especially the Leaf ones.  ???

This is pretty cool though, I like the "newness" of it.  :D
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 07:00:11 AM by LooneyTuna »
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2012, 07:01:15 AM »

yea great marketing job, Nissan!

the only chance you had of me buying your Leaf was by accident, and now that I'm acquainted with it, there is absolutely no chance unless I need something to wipe with. (and even then, I could manage better w/o)

I understand the challenge of driving a slow car, but COME ON!

SLow, boring, silent, and they think that GT fans will want to ever see one again after these tests?

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #111 on: May 08, 2012, 07:04:16 AM »

the only chance you had of me buying your Leaf was by accident, and now that I'm acquainted with it, there is absolutely no chance unless I need something to wipe with. (and even then, I could manage better w/o)

SLow, boring, silent, and they think that GT fans will want to ever see one again after these tests?

You forgot list to the right. 

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #112 on: May 08, 2012, 07:25:00 AM »

Finally got into the 39s on the Nurb test, after running it about 100 times. I can see where I could be faster, but damn, I can't subject myself to that.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #113 on: May 08, 2012, 07:44:34 AM »

I hate to admit it, but PD/Sony has done a good job setting this us (barring the fact that in the Leaf tests you can drive pretty much wherever you want).  Starting in a shitty car doing mundane things has already improved my rusty skills. 

If you're just looking to gold the challenges and move on, then yes, they're a waste of time.  However, if you're really trying to improve, then I can't think of a better way of doing it. 

There's no way I'm going to be one of the top guys, and to be honest, I don't want to advance to England.  I've never enjoyed racing, I merely enjoy the online aspect of it.  That being said, I have a competitive streak and if I see someone on the leaderboard above me who I feel is generally slower than me, I'm going to work at it til my name is above his.  I'm going to study the replays of the faster guys and I'm going to pick up on things.  I still may not jump above the guy I'm chasing, but I'll definitely improve. 

I'm at a bit of a crossroads with test 2-4.  On Sunday, I'll bet I started the test 50 or 60 times.  Got down to 31.96x.  I think it put me 8rd or 10st, but I was so close to some of the crazies that it was killing me.  Finally, after a couple beers and a sleeping pill, I saw 31.942.  It was a minor improvement, but I think it put me right on Gar's tail and within sniffing distance of Spec, and I still felt like I hadn't run a good test.  (In defense of those guys, they're not eligible, so I doubt they spent much time on that test)

Last night, I spent another hour on it, but never saw another 94, just another 96.  My average time had dropped.  Instead of running a lot of 32.3s, I was running a lot of 32.1s.  Even though I couldn't match my beer-induced time, I learned how to better handle three of the turns (that first turn is still a killer for me).  It was frustrating knowing that I only needed to drop another 0.025 seconds for a 3-4 spot jump in my friends rankings and not be able to get it.  So, I'm trying to decide if I'm done with that test or not.  So far, it's the test where I've learned the most. 

In summary, I can see how some would find the tests stupid and boring.  But if you use them as a tool, I think they're pretty valuable.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #114 on: May 08, 2012, 12:18:11 PM »

i'm not talking about the tests being stupid or boring... but the car.  it's a bad idea if they want to actually sell the thing.  the challenges are fine.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #115 on: May 08, 2012, 01:29:51 PM »

For the record, tonight I'm deleting a bunch of guys from my friend list because I want to be the fastest among my friends.  I'm not a freak like Hey and Spec and Gar and Z06fun and some others, and I know I can't better their times so I'll do the next best thing and just get rid of them.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #116 on: May 08, 2012, 01:42:45 PM »

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #117 on: May 08, 2012, 02:49:24 PM »

For the record, tonight I'm deleting a bunch of guys from my friend list because I want to be the fastest among my friends.  I'm not a freak like Hey and Spec and Gar and Z06fun and some others, and I know I can't better their times so I'll do the next best thing and just get rid of them.

Sounds like I'm safe then.

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
« Reply #118 on: May 08, 2012, 03:28:08 PM »

Sounds like I'm safe then.

:stoopid:

Also,
I don't want to advance to England. 

Don't go to england

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #119 on: May 09, 2012, 08:27:46 PM »

I think what I enjoy most about this rendition of GT Academy is how in the first group of tests you were encouraged to put 4 tires in the grass, while in the second, if I happen to look at the grass at the Ring, my car ends up in a wall.  I like the consistency.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 58   Go Up