SupaTunaGT

• May 04, 2024, 08:14:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: GT Academy  (Read 70956 times)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: GT Academy
« Reply #135 on: May 15, 2012, 01:16:36 PM »

mygranturismo.net is doing some kick ass stuff with the leaderboards. 

We finally have a way to filter by country (though limited to top 600 per country).

For example...   http://www.mygranturismo.net/rankings.php?sec=2&cy=us&start=0&board=2-4-5

Main rankings page - http://www.mygranturismo.net/rankings.php?sec=1

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #136 on: May 16, 2012, 05:12:54 PM »

Yeah, Pretty cool.....I see Baked is in the top 300 in several evnets, Hey6541 is in the running,  and a couple of guys I had the pleasure of running with (or rather trying to chase) Grandriver and TEAMworkPLEASE.   There are a lot of uber fast guys that I don't see there yet....Wiz...where R U ?  Am I looking in the right places?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 05:18:00 PM by TunahCroonah »

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #137 on: May 16, 2012, 09:05:46 PM »

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #138 on: May 16, 2012, 09:13:50 PM »

You can check the rankings of anyone you know by putting in their name after the "id=" part of the following address.  It doesn't matter if they have an account at mygranturismo.net.  Rankings will only show if that person is ranked in the top 5000.

For example, mine is - http://www.mygranturismo.net/rankings.php?online_id=GTP_wizard

If I change the name after "id=" to BakedTuna, it'll show his rankings - http://www.mygranturismo.net/rankings.php?online_id=bakedtuna

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #139 on: May 16, 2012, 11:48:19 PM »

You can check the rankings of anyone you know by putting in their name after the "id=" part of the following address.  It doesn't matter if they have an account at mygranturismo.net.  Rankings will only show if that person is ranked in the top 5000.

For example, mine is - http://www.mygranturismo.net/rankings.php?online_id=GTP_wizard

If I change the name after "id=" to BakedTuna, it'll show his rankings - http://www.mygranturismo.net/rankings.php?online_id=bakedtuna

Wow, that's depressing.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #140 on: May 17, 2012, 05:28:50 AM »

I must really suck, it doesn't show any times or ranking for me.  :-\
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #141 on: May 17, 2012, 09:05:24 AM »

i wanted to throw this out there because someone mentioned server instability, etc. that those of us in SCREAM and GT Saturdays noticed over teh weekened some drastic changes to room quality (positive ones) and a few of us were theorizing that it is actually part of what is going on in GTA.  On Friday and Saturday, it was horrible.  Ther was a network-wide disco for everyone in GT5 around 11:45 Friday night.  Saturday was plagued with problems too.  The friday thing was probably intentional, to kick everyone off and change stuff.  Then magically, on Sun morning everything was "better than it has been since before the PSN hack a year ago."  That is a quote from Dan_Zitions over at the PSN forum, who is extremely attentive to detail and has great analysis on most things.

1.  GT Academy may have secretly contained some patches for GT5.  I noticed that music plays in some menus it didn't play in before and that when one song ends the next one is blended with it seemlessly.  That could be new or it could be something I never noticed before.

2. Track details have been slimmed down behind the scenes for online lobbies.  This lessens the load on your PS3 to display details while it is also trying to send and receive info from other players.  These things are usually done without an update, as you play the game online.

3. Server loads seem to have been changed to provide separate servers for GTA vs GT5.  The heavy load of over a million people doing GTA could have been (seemed to be) affecting the gameplay on GT5's online servers.

As a result of these things, we saw much more smooth lobbies on Sunday with very few hickups, no disconnections, etc.  The prevailing theory is that there was a 2nd server reset *unannounced* on sunday night which cleaned things up and fixed whatever was broken after the Friday night reset.

That is not to say the (over 12 racers lag/framerate bug) has been fixed.  Though, there is a chance it is lessened due to #2 specifically.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #142 on: May 17, 2012, 10:11:12 AM »

i wanted to throw this out there because someone mentioned server instability, etc. that those of us in SCREAM and GT Saturdays noticed over teh weekened some drastic changes to room quality (positive ones) and a few of us were theorizing that it is actually part of what is going on in GTA.  On Friday and Saturday, it was horrible.  Ther was a network-wide disco for everyone in GT5 around 11:45 Friday night.  Saturday was plagued with problems too.  The friday thing was probably intentional, to kick everyone off and change stuff.  Then magically, on Sun morning everything was "better than it has been since before the PSN hack a year ago."  That is a quote from Dan_Zitions over at the PSN forum, who is extremely attentive to detail and has great analysis on most things.

1.  GT Academy may have secretly contained some patches for GT5.  I noticed that music plays in some menus it didn't play in before and that when one song ends the next one is blended with it seemlessly.  That could be new or it could be something I never noticed before.

2. Track details have been slimmed down behind the scenes for online lobbies.  This lessens the load on your PS3 to display details while it is also trying to send and receive info from other players.  These things are usually done without an update, as you play the game online.

3. Server loads seem to have been changed to provide separate servers for GTA vs GT5.  The heavy load of over a million people doing GTA could have been (seemed to be) affecting the gameplay on GT5's online servers.

As a result of these things, we saw much more smooth lobbies on Sunday with very few hickups, no disconnections, etc.  The prevailing theory is that there was a 2nd server reset *unannounced* on sunday night which cleaned things up and fixed whatever was broken after the Friday night reset.

That is not to say the (over 12 racers lag/framerate bug) has been fixed.  Though, there is a chance it is lessened due to #2 specifically.

Good News!  :)

Brindle

« Reply #143 on: May 17, 2012, 10:15:41 AM »

i wanted to throw this out there because someone mentioned server instability, etc. that those of us in SCREAM and GT Saturdays noticed over teh weekened some drastic changes to room quality (positive ones) and a few of us were theorizing that it is actually part of what is going on in GTA.  On Friday and Saturday, it was horrible.  Ther was a network-wide disco for everyone in GT5 around 11:45 Friday night.  Saturday was plagued with problems too.  The friday thing was probably intentional, to kick everyone off and change stuff.  Then magically, on Sun morning everything was "better than it has been since before the PSN hack a year ago."  That is a quote from Dan_Zitions over at the PSN forum, who is extremely attentive to detail and has great analysis on most things.

1.  GT Academy may have secretly contained some patches for GT5.  I noticed that music plays in some menus it didn't play in before and that when one song ends the next one is blended with it seemlessly.  That could be new or it could be something I never noticed before.

2. Track details have been slimmed down behind the scenes for online lobbies.  This lessens the load on your PS3 to display details while it is also trying to send and receive info from other players.  These things are usually done without an update, as you play the game online.

3. Server loads seem to have been changed to provide separate servers for GTA vs GT5.  The heavy load of over a million people doing GTA could have been (seemed to be) affecting the gameplay on GT5's online servers.

As a result of these things, we saw much more smooth lobbies on Sunday with very few hickups, no disconnections, etc.  The prevailing theory is that there was a 2nd server reset *unannounced* on sunday night which cleaned things up and fixed whatever was broken after the Friday night reset.

That is not to say the (over 12 racers lag/framerate bug) has been fixed.  Though, there is a chance it is lessened due to #2 specifically.

This can easily be true.  I have been playing SSX lately and they change the drops (run down the mountain) often.  They are able to change things like time of day and actual weather on the specific drop/s (same drops as offline too).  Now knowing and seeing the results of changes with no patch/update to the game, leads me to believe PD can easily do the same.  The developers for SSX have actually posted on the SSX forum and said some things can be done server side to make changes.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #144 on: May 17, 2012, 10:20:58 AM »

If that's all true my interest in this game may start to rise again.  The server/disconnect/lockups crap is probably the #1 reason I don't play as often as I used to.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #145 on: May 17, 2012, 11:57:32 AM »

well it's just a couple observations at this point.  let's see how the tutu's, classes, and such fair over the next week or so...

ok back to the academy.  don't want to derail the thread.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #146 on: May 17, 2012, 12:16:26 PM »

don't want to derail tunafy the thread.

:tunafy but fix'd   ;D

Back on topic...  I understand that one of the new rounds have a Skyline/GTR as the weapon du jour.  

Oh joy!!!    

Do we get it for golding those evnets, like with the Leaf and Silvia?  

j/k  
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 12:18:25 PM by CharlieTuna »

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #147 on: May 17, 2012, 12:26:40 PM »

yes I'm just drooling over those black and white stickers for the sides of  the cars!  yay!  j/k

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #148 on: May 18, 2012, 01:06:13 PM »

Is it really that hard to get your best time to show in the friends leader boards?
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #149 on: May 18, 2012, 01:21:44 PM »

Is it really that hard to get your best time to show in the friends leader boards?

First of all, are you fast enough? 

Second, I've found if I go to the next test, then back, it'll show the up to date time.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 58   Go Up