SupaTunaGT

• May 04, 2024, 02:16:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: GT Academy  (Read 70945 times)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
Re: GT Academy
« Reply #165 on: May 29, 2012, 12:27:47 PM »

233th overall in 6-1 currently (last time I checked)

at or near the top of my FL, so I know that some of you are holding back!

I AM finding it easier to beat most of my friends, especially the ones who don't focus on TT's, now that we are in Round 5 & 6.

With longer tests, higher power, and more turns, it is starting to separate the wheat from the chaffe.  Not that I'd call anyone a chaffe, that'd just be mean  :angel:

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #166 on: May 29, 2012, 12:58:12 PM »

To help those of us with chaffing issues....

And for the female Tuna among us and for younger Tuna too...

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #167 on: May 29, 2012, 12:59:56 PM »

nice time Ex
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #168 on: May 29, 2012, 01:02:58 PM »

thanks... seen your name a couple times too!

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #169 on: May 29, 2012, 01:16:32 PM »

I have not even looked at the events yet but Soks said Sarthe, One thing I learned about Sarthe wile out slumming in the open lobbies is that shortcut detection does not start until the yellow lines instead of the white meaning corners can be cut down as deep as fifteen feet from racing surface before the shortcut detection kicked. That said I am going to assume it is another case of cutting the track.

Looks like it was corner cutting issues, I just reran 6-5 and I'm certain there are tons more cones out now around the chicanes than there were the first time I ran it. 

There is still a problem with inconsistent "contact with other cars" penalties too, seems like if you even lightly graze the front or rear of another car it's an instant DQ but you can happily bully them out of the way (i.e. aggressively taking a corner, barging the other car out of the way or using it as a cornering aid) and almost perform a PIT maneouver on another car without any penalty at all. 

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #170 on: May 29, 2012, 02:02:50 PM »

I must have 32 friends that are running the Academy, because when I'm in a hurry and just want to gold and move on I find myself in 32rd position among my friends. 

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #171 on: May 29, 2012, 02:56:55 PM »

LOL, that's some funny stuff on this page.

I AM finding it easier to beat most of my friends, especially the ones who don't focus on TT's, now that we are in Round 5 & 6.

With longer tests, higher power, and more turns, it is starting to separate the wheat from the chaffe.  Not that I'd call anyone a chaffe, that'd just be mean

I'm actually finding the opposite.  My rankings have been getting better the further along I go in the Academy.  I will say though that I rarely do TTs so this is an adjustment for me.  I have no dislike of TTs, it's just difficult to find the time  :'(

PSN ID = dawson864

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #172 on: May 29, 2012, 04:07:26 PM »

I see rounds 5 and 6 are for reminding me(us?) how much GT's track creator :fucking sucks. Does every FUCKING  curve have to be going over a hill?  ::)

I hate TT's to begin with, and the novelty of GT-A wore off after the first week. All I care about is getting gold, move on to the next. 
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #173 on: May 29, 2012, 05:23:44 PM »

I see rounds 5 and 6 are for reminding me(us?) how much GT's track creator FUCKING sucks. Does every FUCKING  curve have to be going over a hill?  ::)

I hate TT's to begin with, and the novelty of GT-A wore off after the first week. All I care about is getting gold, move on to the next. 
:stoopid:

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #174 on: May 29, 2012, 05:38:56 PM »

While I generally agree with the "GT'S track creator FUCKING sucks!" sentiment I should confess that I don't mind the Toscana ones, in fact that is by far the best track scenery / style they have (yes it can have some shitty corners but they're usually not terrible or can be tweaked out fairly easily).  

That Eifel Circuit one with the "over crest, hello sharp descending corner" sections are just ridiculous though, I expect to see some of those on a Mt. Ahrshole track soon too.  And, while I generally don't like the Eifel Kart track courses in general, I should confess again that they at least were used surprisingly well in the earlier rounds (multiple tight S-turn type configurations or something).

But I'm like Chrome insofar as I'm mostly just doing it for the prize cars, I might try a few times to get a halfway decent time according to whomever has times up on my friends list at the time but I haven't gone back just to redo any of them for a faster time.

EDIT: Going through the Academy Prize giveaway on my other account I notice there actually IS a ridiculous Mt. Ahrshole track with stupid corners / elevation, it must have been such a horrifying experience the first time around that I blotted it out of my mind!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 07:04:17 PM by Feldynn »

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #175 on: May 30, 2012, 07:43:19 AM »

I finally got around to rounds 3 and 4 last night. I like TTs sometimes. I'll never reach the top of my friend leaderboard (Hey and RackAttack + brindlefried and clacksman = I'm lucky to get top 5.) Besides those guyes, there are probably 5 to 10 other guys who are a coin toss to beat my times depending on :bong and :beer, but I like going after times of those I'm usually competitive with. If there's no one racing online, I'm up for some TT.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #176 on: May 30, 2012, 08:08:59 AM »

I finished up the first two test thingies before going on my golf trip and haven't had the desire to go back.  Top 10 of my friend list is all I was shooting for and with some of the crazies on that list, even that's a struggle sometimes.  I'm not going to Silverstone, so I wonder if earning golds to get the shitty cars is even worth it. 

Like I said, I've only done the first two sets of tests...the Leaf and maybe a 240Z car type thing were the prizes.  Beyond that, are the cars worth having?

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #177 on: May 30, 2012, 08:16:15 AM »

I see rounds 5 and 6 are for reminding me(us?) how much GT's track creator FUCKING sucks. Does every FUCKING  curve have to be going over a hill?  ::)

those tests are specifically focussing on elevation changes, so the hills are there for a reason.  but yea, the track creator does mostly suck.  it's nice to ahve one, but it's clear they are holding it back so that GT6's creator can be more impressive.  Sux balls cuz they could have just made this one more impressive.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #178 on: May 30, 2012, 08:19:35 AM »

Like I said, I've only done the first two sets of tests...the Leaf and maybe a 240Z car type thing were the prizes.  Beyond that, are the cars worth having?

Not really.  They're cars you probably already have but with stickers on the doors.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #179 on: May 30, 2012, 08:20:06 AM »

I finished up the first two test thingies before going on my golf trip and haven't had the desire to go back.  Top 10 of my friend list is all I was shooting for and with some of the crazies on that list, even that's a struggle sometimes.  I'm not going to Silverstone, so I wonder if earning golds to get the shitty cars is even worth it. 

Like I said, I've only done the first two sets of tests...the Leaf and maybe a 240Z car type thing were the prizes.  Beyond that, are the cars worth having?

no the cars do not seem to be worth the time it takes to even get the golds.  They are the stock in-game cars with no enhancements other than a sticker on the side and a different license plate.  woo hoo.   ::)

I do like how the 5st and 6rd rounds have been more difficult to get the golds on.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 58   Go Up