SupaTunaGT

• May 04, 2024, 03:02:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: GT Academy  (Read 70947 times)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: GT Academy
« Reply #195 on: June 08, 2012, 04:27:32 AM »

Seeing that bullshit just bugs me about something I can have very little control over. So instead I just avoid watching replays.

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #196 on: June 08, 2012, 07:28:11 AM »

Seeing that bullshit just bugs me about something I can have very little control over. So instead I just avoid watching replays.

I never get upset over these academy time trials - they're all bogus.   I've never watched others or for that matter - saved a replay of my own.   Somehow, I manage to get by with getting gold without help from the cheaters, :lolz
Don't get rattled, Baked, It's not good for your blood pressure, :laugh

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #197 on: June 08, 2012, 09:46:43 AM »

I never get upset over these academy time trials - they're all bogus.   I've never watched others or for that matter - saved a replay of my own.   Somehow, I manage to get by with getting gold without help from the cheaters,
Don't get rattled, Baked, It's not good for your blood pressure, :laugh

I get my gold without HELP or looking at the times and replays of the top 10.  I'm just trying to beat all your times. (not doing so well).
However, after I have got my gold, I do look at the leaders replays.  I want to see why they are so much faster than I. 

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #198 on: June 08, 2012, 11:18:55 AM »

I hope they don't totally reset that one too, I fucking decimated that shit with a run I don't believe I could duplicate.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #199 on: June 08, 2012, 11:42:09 AM »

I hope they don't totally reset that one too, I fucking decimated that shit with a run I don't believe I could duplicate.

So you'd rather they continue to let people take advantage of a "cheat", just because you ran a good time?  A good time that in the end has no relevance to anything whatsoever?

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #200 on: June 08, 2012, 12:35:32 PM »

Until the events actually count towards anything I know that I really care too much about resets / leaderboard wipes so long as it means the actual proper Academy phase is better setup and policed than the fiasco in the early rounds last time. 

Sadly though about the only way I think they could probably guarantee no corner cutting is to line the entire track with cones, not just a few cones on the apex of corners and a the odd other spot but actually mark out the whole thing with cones so there just isn't any way to cut corners or run on inappropriate areas.

People will always try and bend the rules where ever possible especially when it comes to the unwritten ones, only way to make it fair is to treat everyone like children and put in as many restrictions as are necessary.  Even if that means going to what "normal folk" regard as the ridiculous extremes, like forcing everyone to drive in a cone channel.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #201 on: June 08, 2012, 12:42:22 PM »

So you'd rather they continue to let people take advantage of a "cheat", just because you ran a good time?  A good time that in the end has no relevance to anything whatsoever?

No, actually I would much rather see cheaters be disqualified, removed and banned individually as opposed to just wiping the entire slate and changing the cut perimeters and letting the cheaters continue to find short cuts to exploit.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #202 on: June 08, 2012, 01:22:30 PM »

No, actually I would much rather see cheaters be disqualified, removed and banned individually as opposed to just wiping the entire slate and changing the cut perimeters and letting the cheaters continue to find short cuts to exploit.

I wouldn't mind seeing them get banned too but I think we both know that's not gonna happen.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #203 on: June 08, 2012, 02:10:37 PM »

I haven't looked at the replays yet, but is this about the right-side cutting?

Yes, the right side cutting before entering Hammerhead.  They may have fixed it by now.  It's been 7-8 days.  I just hope they toss out those that cheated it.

When I tried to cut off to the right side, the only place it allowed me to go beyond the white line was after the junction of the tarmac and cement areas. My times were about equal to doing it normally.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #204 on: June 08, 2012, 02:19:32 PM »

I haven't looked at the replays yet, but is this about the right-side cutting?

Yes, the right side cutting before entering Hammerhead.  They may have fixed it by now.  It's been 7-8 days.  I just hope they toss out those that cheated it.

When I tried to cut off to the right side, the only place it allowed me to go beyond the white line was after the junction of the tarmac and cement areas. My times were about equal to doing it normally.

:o  Cheater 

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #205 on: June 08, 2012, 02:43:48 PM »

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #206 on: June 09, 2012, 08:17:16 AM »

All they have to do is make the grass and rumble strips not  as smooth as the racing surface and cheating would be eliminated

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #207 on: June 09, 2012, 09:18:50 AM »

I'm not sure what the difficulty is. I would assume that they have x,y coordinates for every point on the track. I would assume that they could calculate x,y coordinates for each tire. It should be trivial to define what x,y coordinates are on track and what are off.  When three tires are off your time is disqualified. I'm not a programmer so maybe I'm missing something.  The other issue is that off track physics aren't correct. Hitting curbs is often way too forgiving.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #208 on: June 09, 2012, 10:40:43 AM »

I'm not sure what the difficulty is. I would assume that they have x,y coordinates for every point on the track. I would assume that they could calculate x,y coordinates for each tire. It should be trivial to define what x,y coordinates are on track and what are off.  When three tires are off your time is disqualified. I'm not a programmer so maybe I'm missing something.  The other issue is that off track physics aren't correct. Hitting curbs is often way too forgiving.
:stoopid:

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #209 on: June 10, 2012, 10:51:09 PM »

Loving 8-4 right now.  There's nothing quite like hitting Eau Rouge just right.

Me, hey & Enyo all doing well at the moment...

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 58   Go Up