• May 04, 2024, 08:25:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: GT Academy  (Read 70956 times)

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
Re: GT Academy
« Reply #225 on: June 11, 2012, 08:52:15 PM »

Anybody else notice the lighting at Motegi is similar to GT5 tracks that have weather? I'd like to go on record to say, if we get this track added to GT5, it'll have weather.

Also, it was fun to run that track again, been a long time since GT4.

Also, also, Skylines suck in stock form. I don't see how this could be favorable advertising for Nissan, when their flagship car handles like shit.

They don't handle like that in real life.  :)

I'm not sure why they feel so wonky in the sim. Also, I noticed the same thing on Motegi, the lighting is far to bright and almost pixelated, just like Spa on the weather mode. I never put two and two together....great thought!

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #226 on: June 11, 2012, 08:54:30 PM »

Anybody else notice the lighting at Motegi is similar to GT5 tracks that have weather? I'd like to go on record to say, if we get this track added to GT5, it'll have weather.

Also, it was fun to run that track again, been a long time since GT4.

Also, also, Skylines suck in stock form. I don't see how this could be favorable advertising for Nissan, when their flagship car handles like shit.

They don't handle like that in real life.  :)

I'm not sure why they feel so wonky in the sim. Also, I noticed the same thing on Motegi, the lighting is far to bright and almost pixelated, just like Spa on the weather mode. I never put two and two together....great thought!
Personally I like the way the GT-R's drive, the piece of shit is that fucking 270Z....god damn thing don't know what a straight line is.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 08:56:41 PM by RoninTuna »

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #227 on: June 11, 2012, 09:00:01 PM »

Yeah the oversteer is waaaayyyyy excessive in the Z-car.

Good luck to all those trying to reach a personal goal with the competition!

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #228 on: June 11, 2012, 10:29:18 PM »

Speaking of the excessive oversteer in the 370Z I noticed something curious about the Traction Control, I'd been turning it off for most all the test and spotted that all other cars default at 5 but the Z defaults at 7.  I found turning it off made it almost uncontrollable so either left it default or ran it about 3-5, 7 can be a touch grabby though but I'll take grabby over watching the racing line turning into a donut ;D.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #229 on: June 12, 2012, 05:14:10 AM »

The 370Z has serious oversteer, and with the default being set at 7, I felt it would be comparable to the other cars if set to 2 instead of 0.  2 seems to work in a way that is comparable to the effects of turning off the traction control for the other cars. And yes, I have to agree with Nosoks - the :fucking tuned cars are like driving a row boat through a Kayak course.  >:( 

As far as getting Motegi or not, I suspect we will get it since it has already been modeled for GT5 (and insures that PD/Sony will get more money from their "DL Content program"), albeit whether it has a weather feature or not.  I also suspect that Motegi will come in more than one track configuration.  We've seen Motegi East Course, but there is also Motegi Full Course, Motegi West, and the superspeedway.  I believe that PD/Sony will release some or all of them in the future to keep game interest and boost overall sales. 

Like with any of the tracks, PD has the ability to reconfigure them from the GT4 resolution levels to the GT5 resolution levels.  The real surprises we got in this game was Spa and Monza and Madrid - they were all new tracks that never previously appeared in any of the previous GT's.  The ability to re-model the tracks from GT4 to get them up to the GT5 levels of detail and resolution is there, but a cost effective analysis is what drives the ability to take the time to re-do them.  In the case of Motegi, I believe that the excitement and attention given to the GT Academy drives the ability to put this "new" track into the mix.   

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #230 on: June 12, 2012, 09:20:06 AM »

I saw a comment on the PSN forum that made me go back and check, there were only two times listed on my top 10 friends (ExXbox and Tanker I think).  Looks like the leaderboard was wiped.

yep.  a few of my friends had redone it, but not many.  I turned a 1:05.3?? I think?

it got me into the top 150 or so, but that's because not many people have redone it.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #231 on: June 12, 2012, 09:24:48 AM »

The 370Z has serious oversteer, and with the default being set at 7, I felt it would be comparable to the other cars if set to 2 instead of 0.  2 seems to work in a way that is comparable to the effects of turning off the traction control for the other cars. And yes, I have to agree with Nosoks - the FUCKING tuned cars are like driving a row boat through a Kayak course.  >:( 

As far as getting Motegi or not, I suspect we will get it since it has already been modeled for GT5 (and insures that PD/Sony will get more money from their "DL Content program"), albeit whether it has a weather feature or not.  I also suspect that Motegi will come in more than one track configuration.  We've seen Motegi East Course, but there is also Motegi Full Course, Motegi West, and the superspeedway.  I believe that PD/Sony will release some or all of them in the future to keep game interest and boost overall sales. 

Like with any of the tracks, PD has the ability to reconfigure them from the GT4 resolution levels to the GT5 resolution levels.  The real surprises we got in this game was Spa and Monza and Madrid - they were all new tracks that never previously appeared in any of the previous GT's.  The ability to re-model the tracks from GT4 to get them up to the GT5 levels of detail and resolution is there, but a cost effective analysis is what drives the ability to take the time to re-do them.  In the case of Motegi, I believe that the excitement and attention given to the GT Academy drives the ability to put this "new" track into the mix.   

The driving tips for academy 7 make specific mention of understeer. It describes using early turn in to counter act the cars understeer.

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #232 on: June 12, 2012, 11:33:32 AM »

Yeah, we all read the understeer crap - it's just a way for PD to avoid correctional tuning - give US the ability to Tune those Tuners and we'll "ace" those friggin' TT's.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #233 on: June 12, 2012, 11:53:52 AM »

Very nice maxking

33) maxking39 1:31.969

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #234 on: June 12, 2012, 01:54:03 PM »

Speaking of the excessive oversteer in the 370Z I noticed something curious about the Traction Control, I'd been turning it off for most all the test and spotted that all other cars default at 5 but the Z defaults at 7.  I found turning it off made it almost uncontrollable so either left it default or ran it about 3-5, 7 can be a touch grabby though but I'll take grabby over watching the racing line turning into a donut ;D.

I haven't done stage 7 yet, but in stage 5 I used the 370Z with TC set to 0 no problem at all.  Does it oversteer a lot more in round 7?

On a related note I used a stock 370Z for several of the latest seasonal races in that FR 500PP challenge.  On Sport medium tires i found it quite lively but altogether manageable.  :D

PSN ID = dawson864

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #235 on: June 12, 2012, 01:54:28 PM »

Is anything else, besides 6-5 reset? It shows me having 39 golds but all my times are gold (barely) 8x5=40
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #236 on: June 12, 2012, 07:26:09 PM »

About 11pm last night I wws checking Tunaverese and saw I had to go back and redo one of the tests. I was pissed because I was satisfied with my 1:05.999. So while driving with this anger I manage a 1:05.5??. Thanks you cheatin' fuckers you forced me to improve.

Fuckin' deja vu
Got it down to a 5.3 due to the latest reset.

Fuckin' deja vu
Got ot down to a 5.3 due to the latest reset.

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #237 on: June 12, 2012, 08:52:34 PM »

Not understanding this reset discussion. Still show 40 golds and all my pitiful times :-\

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #238 on: June 12, 2012, 09:00:25 PM »

Not understanding this reset discussion. Still show 40 golds and all my pitiful times :-\

Maybe your time sucked so bad they didn't feel the need to reset it?   :-\

:)

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #239 on: June 12, 2012, 09:19:45 PM »

:c/n
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 58   Go Up