SupaTunaGT

• May 04, 2024, 11:38:01 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: GT Academy  (Read 70959 times)

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: GT Academy
« Reply #285 on: June 17, 2012, 05:05:46 PM »

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

That just went right over my head... :-\

PSN ID = dawson864

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #286 on: June 17, 2012, 07:37:31 PM »

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

:stoopid:

Also, my plan (if I were ever able to become gainfully employed) was to treat myself to a new car. Something sporty. I have just crossed the Nissan 370Z off the list. Hello, Hyundai. Who's laughin' now, Nissan? Bastards.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #287 on: June 17, 2012, 07:47:49 PM »

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #288 on: June 17, 2012, 08:15:10 PM »

Not you too, Ronin  :(

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #289 on: June 17, 2012, 08:38:44 PM »

Even though I'm frustrated with not being able to improve my time, I'm starting to think I'm the only person in the world that's having fun with this car.  I like it.  :-\

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #290 on: June 17, 2012, 08:55:58 PM »

Even though I'm frustrated with not being able to improve my time, I'm starting to think I'm the only person in the world that's having fun with this car.  I like it.  :-\

I would probably enjoy the car, were it not at that horrible track and were it not because of the situation of trying to best my time. I can't enjoy it because I'm being too competitive.

My personal goal is to end up in the top 250. I keep sneaking in there and then getting bumped back out. If I can't do that, I just want to beat as many of you as possible  :D

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #291 on: June 17, 2012, 09:10:26 PM »

I've actually been enjoying this car as well Wiz!

HotStepper, everything I've heard/read says the 370Z is superior to the Hyundai Genesis in almost every way. :P

However it's widely known that Nissan did a shitty job engineering the 370Z as a functional sports car.  The engine runs hot and goes into limp home mode after 4-5 hot laps around a track.  That's also usually around the time when the brakes start to over heat as well.  In my opinion it's somewhat disturbing for a sports car to not be able to handle 20 minute lapping sessions without some moderate modification.  I had considered replacing the S2000 with a 370Z, but I can't forgive those engineering sins.  (well that and the 370Z is still a chubby monkey  :( )

PSN ID = dawson864

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #292 on: June 17, 2012, 10:34:31 PM »

Not you too, Ronin  :(

I figured that would go over better than my continued vulgarity about that damn car....

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #293 on: June 18, 2012, 05:56:16 AM »

I like this car, and I like the track mostly. I find the Z is very stable and pushes a bit most of the time, except lifting off both completely, and on hard acceleration exit. I try to use lift off to help cornering.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #294 on: June 18, 2012, 06:34:58 AM »

I like this car, and I like the track mostly. I find the Z is very stable and pushes a bit most of the time, except lifting off both completely, and on hard acceleration exit. I try to use lift off to help cornering.

Yeah I do the same thing to help with rotation, seems to help a lot for mid corner corrections.  The occasional brake tap helps as well to give the front tires some more grip.

PSN ID = dawson864

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #295 on: June 18, 2012, 06:35:48 AM »

Anyone looking to improve their time needs to watch this video.  It's long, but well worth the watch.

GT5 [1080p] - GT Academy 2012 (8-5) - Tutorial/Video Guide

I watched most of it last night and holy shit was I doing some corners wrong.  Can't wait to get home and try this.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 06:37:25 AM by TunaWiz »

Rated-M3

• Yellowfin Tuna
  • Because race car
« Reply #296 on: June 18, 2012, 07:50:37 AM »

IMO, the car rides like a shit brick... From what I hear, the tires don't do it justice compared to its real life counter part.  I wouldn't like to make my judgement based on a video game but after hours and hours with it, I can't help but smite the SOB.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #297 on: June 18, 2012, 08:59:03 AM »

IMO, the car rides like a shit brick... From what I hear, the tires don't do it justice compared to its real life counter part.  I wouldn't like to make my judgement based on a video game but after hours and hours with it, I can't help but smite the SOB.

I don't know about the tires thing, my little brother did some extensive testing to find the tires he has on his BMW are equivalent to the same tires we are given for this test. Assuming you are talking about the factory tires from an IRL 270Z I simply can not speculate them being any softer. If I am mistaken and you are referring to Nissan's training cars, yeah, you are most likely right on the mark.

Where my problem is, is in the diff, I can not for the life of me understand why the back end will not stay down. It does not matter three or five grand, I put the power down and it's lights up the damn thing tries to spin. Yes, I am on a controller, but every last one of you has seen me on the track with everything ranging from comfort hard to racing soft and I don't have the problems with my cars that I have with that damn 270Z, even during races where tuning is prohibited. Something ain't right with the diff. Every driver has a unique style and this car simply does not accommodate mine for shit, suffice it to say, if this final had been in the GT-R I would have been singing a different tune despite the fact I know that without tuning the car it simply does not preform to it's max, My GT-R's turn on a dime, factory ones do not but I can still drive the fucking things. I might just throw that fucking 270Z in the trash when they arrive.

I wasted my time registering for this, I'm not going to bother registering for another one until I have a wheel, the way they tune these cars is bull shit and I'd be better able to compensate for it with a wheel, because I sure as hell can't the way it is now.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #298 on: June 18, 2012, 10:43:32 AM »

I believe IRL the 370Z is equipped with Bridgestone RE050As.

PSN ID = dawson864

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #299 on: June 18, 2012, 10:57:38 AM »

I believe IRL the 370Z is equipped with Bridgestone RE050As.

hmmm...  then all you need is the wheel size and you can calculate top speed (redline) in each gear.  it's a simple math formula.

That's something I miss from GT5P; e.g. knowing that I have third gear set to 101mph max... 
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 58   Go Up