SupaTunaGT

• May 03, 2024, 11:46:17 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: GT Academy  (Read 70941 times)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
Re: GT Academy
« Reply #300 on: June 18, 2012, 11:08:33 AM »

I believe IRL the 370Z is equipped with Bridgestone RE050As.

hmmm...  then all you need is the wheel size and you can calculate top speed (redline) in each gear.  it's a simple math formula.

That's something I miss from GT5P; e.g. knowing that I have third gear set to 101mph max... 

I can only speak for the NC MX5, but the stock gearing seems to be right on with my real one. 3000rpm at 60mph in 6rd gear for both, didn't think to check the other gears though. I also run the same toe, camber, and spring rates(coil-overs) on my in game car, as my real one. They both act similar, of course I don't drive my real one like I do in game, but both are setup kinda loose.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #301 on: June 18, 2012, 12:38:40 PM »

The gearing for the Premium '06 Honda S2000 is correct as far as I can tell.  HOWEVER, in the game the redline is 8500 rpm.  That is not the case in real life.  Redline is 8000 and fuel cut is 8100.  Thus, in the game you can hold each gear a little higher than in real life.  As to the AP1 S2000s I have no idea because I don't own one  ;D

PSN ID = dawson864

slowmantuna

• Albacore Tuna
« Reply #302 on: June 18, 2012, 03:24:47 PM »

my problem with this combo is that it is soooooo boring, i've stated that i hate tt's before. i think the car would be great, i also think the track would be fun for racing, though i haven't cared much for it in the past. someone said it perfectly when they said , it's the trying to beat my own time part that takes all the fun out of it.  as it is i seriously doubt i can muster up the motivation to even try it anymore.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #303 on: June 18, 2012, 03:27:30 PM »

my problem with this combo is that it is soooooo boring, i've stated that i hate tt's before. i think the car would be great, i also think the track would be fun for racing, though i haven't cared much for it in the past. someone said it perfectly when they said , it's the trying to beat my own time part that takes all the fun out of it.  as it is i seriously doubt i can muster up the motivation to even try it anymore.

I agree.  Boring, though it is nice to see some different sand than what I'm used to. 

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #304 on: June 18, 2012, 04:06:22 PM »

I was thinking today that it would be, perhaps more, interesting if the TT was a four-lap average. I was watching YouTube vids on this TT and people put down one amazing flyer, but then their other laps are half to a second or more slower. It seems like consistency (and lack of mistakes) should pay off a little. If I can run 4 clean, consecutive laps in the mid to low '32s, is that better or worse than someone who can lay down a 30.9 and then can't put another clean lap together all night? I pride myself on not making a lot of mistakes, even tho my times aren't as low.

Just thinking out loud... you know, about what would benefit me the most 

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #305 on: June 18, 2012, 04:37:23 PM »

I was thinking today that it would be, perhaps more, interesting if the TT was a four-lap average. I was watching YouTube vids on this TT and people put down one amazing flyer, but then their other laps are half to a second or more slower. It seems like consistency (and lack of mistakes) should pay off a little. If I can run 4 clean, consecutive laps in the mid to low '32s, is that better or worse than someone who can lay down a 30.9 and then can't put another clean lap together all night? I pride myself on not making a lot of mistakes, even tho my times aren't as low.

That will come into play in the next round as the top 32 race each other. I think last year they had 3 or 4 lap races with 4 players per race.

Obligatory,

slowmantuna

• Albacore Tuna
« Reply #306 on: June 18, 2012, 04:54:38 PM »

I agree.  Boring, though it is nice to see some different sand than what I'm used to. 

i hit the cones long before i get to the sand.                 

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #307 on: June 18, 2012, 06:30:21 PM »

I've been thinking the same thing, especially after turning into the double digits of laps averaging in the high 34's with a flyer in the low 34's.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #308 on: June 18, 2012, 06:34:50 PM »

That's how they do TT's in iRacing. Depending on the length of the track you have to string together 5-6 laps that are incident free. It's very challenging; and believe it or not, there are still aliens that will average faster than your fastest lap.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #309 on: June 18, 2012, 08:48:11 PM »

there are still aliens that will average faster than your fastest lap.

Exactly.

I think the reason you'll see the top guys have one amazing lap and 30 shitty ones is because they're pushing so hard to squeeze out those last few tenths (hundredths even) that they're bound to make lap killing mistakes more often than not.  If these same top guys dialed it back just a few percent, they'd still be fast as fuck but I imagine their consistency would improve like crazy, and still be way faster than I'll ever be on my best 1 hot lap.

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #310 on: June 18, 2012, 09:00:12 PM »

Hey, Wiz,
Thanks for posting the tutorial...it's helped a lot. :2tu

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #311 on: June 18, 2012, 09:07:29 PM »

Shaved 6 tenths off after 60 minutes of trying.  Then tried for another 60 minutes...and got nowhere >:( :-\ :P

Until tomorrow!

PSN ID = dawson864

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #312 on: June 18, 2012, 10:24:17 PM »

First off, let me say that I hate Motegi. I always have since I first played it in GT3 or 4, I can't remember; it just doesn't feel like it flows well. When I saw that Motegi was going to be the round to advance to the finals it made me realize how lucky I was that we had the format that they used last year, with two tracks and a combined time. I don't think I would have stood a chance with this format; and frankly, I don't envy anyone who is dead set on advancing to the finals. It's already getting super tight up top, and with only one track (that is really short), there are going to be some broken hearts on Sunday night.

Seeing as how they (understandably) won't let the Silverstone guys participate I was kind of down on giving the TT a shot, then I drove 8-5 for the first time and was reminded of how much I don't like this track. I have some local friends who are giving the competition a good shot, so I decided to hop on and give it a go last night and put forth some effort so we could compare times. I got to a 32 flat last night, but didn't feel the mojo with the track or the car; I gave it another shake tonight and hit a 31.865 early on; ran lots of garbage laps most of the night, and then something clicked; I finally understood how to get that mobil-turd of a Z around those last few corners....consistently I was running 32.2's, 32.0, 31.9, 31.869. <- WAT???? Dammit man. Frankly it's too late to keep going and I need to hit the sack.

I am excited that I think I've got things figured out, so I hope to find a few more tenths before this thing is over. I'm in the frustrating zone now. Lot's of laps to shave a cunt hair of time.

As for a top 32 cut off, I think it's going to be in the 31.3's if not high 31.2's. Crazy fuckers. 

Best of luck to those trying, keep at it; finding time TAKES time!  :)

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #313 on: June 19, 2012, 06:22:51 AM »

Yes good video Wiz. I used to shave some time off. I think my time went down to 32.9. I could see me dropping a few tenths, if I put more time into it. I seem to lose speed in certain corners. One thing I have done differently is keep it in second exiting some corners. It seems to work for me. Two seconds behind the alien times is right where I would expect to be.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #314 on: June 19, 2012, 08:33:57 AM »

I've been thinking about this same thing recently as I've been running in some places where you have to qualify.  For the most part, I've always been a one-hit wonder.  Given ample time and the desire to care, I've usually been able to put down ONE good lap at a track.  Consistency is something I lack so I've wondered what the results would look like if I have to not only run 4 good laps, and not only 4 consecutive good laps, but 4 consecutive good laps out of 4 laps.  Div 3 here I come. 
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 58   Go Up