• May 04, 2024, 04:17:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: GT Academy  (Read 70949 times)

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: GT Academy
« Reply #315 on: June 19, 2012, 10:25:49 AM »

My best time is a 1:32.8xx and I've been able to lap 1:33.5's 2-3 laps in a row with very little variance.  I'm not blazing fast but I can manage to be consistent  :D

PSN ID = dawson864

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #316 on: June 19, 2012, 10:38:25 AM »

Just noticed this on the official website leaderboard for the US..

1 - US - Let_Canada_In    - 1:31.037

:)

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #317 on: June 19, 2012, 10:50:25 AM »

Just noticed this on the official website leaderboard for the US..

1 - US - Let_Canada_In    - 1:31.037

:)

Check the global times. 1:30.7.  OMFG

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #318 on: June 19, 2012, 11:26:43 AM »

Check the global times. 1:30.7.  OMFG

Yup.  eclipsi_RC is ridiculous. 

I'm still wondering where the hell Dan Holland is.  I assume he's waiting until last minute to attempt to sneak in and take the top spot.  And it won't surprise me one bit if he does just that.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #319 on: June 19, 2012, 11:32:37 AM »

They don't handle like that in real life.  :)

I'm not sure why they feel so wonky in the sim.

As far as I can tell, PD sets up their poor handling challenges to test us. Mission 34 comes to mind, too.

Is it fair? To whom? If they want to find good drivers, ones who can overcome a challenge, then maybe it is. They aren't doing that to make friends.

The track is boring because of the wide clearances on the sides, but I still enjoy the track layout** (not that I am fast on it or anything). And if anyone dislikes this short version, wait until you get on the long one again. :D

** The only track in the world that I shake my head at is Tilke's Fuji. What a waste of good tarmac!

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #320 on: June 19, 2012, 11:35:11 AM »

** The only track in the world that I shake my head at is Tilke's Fuji. What a waste of good tarmac!

:stoopid:

I hate that track with a passion.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #321 on: June 19, 2012, 11:53:03 AM »

As far as I can tell, PD sets up their poor handling challenges to test us. Mission 34 comes to mind, too.

Is it fair? To whom? If they want to find good drivers, ones who can overcome a challenge, then maybe it is. They aren't doing that to make friends.

The track is boring because of the wide clearances on the sides, but I still enjoy the track layout** (not that I am fast on it or anything). And if anyone dislikes this short version, wait until you get on the long one again. :D

My problem is, the absolute lack of personalization....In the real world professional drivers all have pit crews and build crews that work diligently to match the car to an individuals preference and/or driving style. Yes, I understand the point of being forced to drive a shit car for the sake of weeding out the shit wannabees as well as the potential of having to be stuck with a setup miss, but at the same time they are demolishing drivers who do have potential who's style does not match theirs. This crappy handling car test can still be done wile offering some personalization to the cars. I mentioned this to someone I can't remember who but their defense was that they want to find the best drivers not the best tuners....Well...no shit sherlock. What I want to know is why can they not have in the driving options "Setup 1", "Setup 2" and "setup 3" all set up to for lack luster handling under different driving styles for participants to choose from. I my self am a trail breaker, I am on the binders for a long time and deep into the apex....Try doing that with this test some time and see where you wind up, I would advise taking a sand wedge with you because you'll need it. I can not tell you how many times I have locked up the front tires and/or stalled the car out last night because that car simply refuses to tolerate my style of trail braking.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

slowmantuna

• Albacore Tuna
« Reply #322 on: June 19, 2012, 12:37:24 PM »

i did manage to run a few more laps last night. ending with a 32.077, but a few laps i was over a half second going into 2nd to last turn only to blow it. like spec i really don't like the track, but if i don't try i'll never succeed

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #323 on: June 19, 2012, 01:08:08 PM »

My problem is, the absolute lack of personalization....In the real world professional drivers all have pit crews and build crews that work diligently to match the car to an individuals preference and/or driving style. Yes, I understand the point of being forced to drive a shit car for the sake of weeding out the shit wannabees as well as the potential of having to be stuck with a setup miss, but at the same time they are demolishing drivers who do have potential who's style does not match theirs. This crappy handling car test can still be done wile offering some personalization to the cars. I mentioned this to someone I can't remember who but their defense was that they want to find the best drivers not the best tuners....Well...no shit sherlock. What I want to know is why can they not have in the driving options "Setup 1", "Setup 2" and "setup 3" all set up to for lack luster handling under different driving styles for participants to choose from. I my self am a trail breaker, I am on the binders for a long time and deep into the apex....Try doing that with this test some time and see where you wind up, I would advise taking a sand wedge with you because you'll need it. I can not tell you how many times I have locked up the front tires and/or stalled the car out last night because that car simply refuses to tolerate my style of trail braking.

Valid point, but it's never going to change the fact that fast guys are fast and most guys aren't.  If they allowed tuning, I'd be 10 seconds a lap off the pace instead of just 9.  Regardless of how they set up the cars, the fast guys are always going to beat the slow guys. 

Over the years I've raced with guys of all kinds of ability and I've learned one thing-->from the start to the finish, guys like Hey will be faster than me in his tune, faster than me with no tune, and worst of all, faster than me with my own tune. 

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #324 on: June 19, 2012, 01:11:07 PM »

what I don't understand is why there is such a clear disconnect between europe and the us as far as TT's.  I understand they are per capita more of a racing culture(s) (that is, if you ignore nascar) but how the heck do they win almost every TT in GT5 to date?

I seriously wonder if there's some sort of difference between the regional games.  also, there was one TT on Kart Space where it seemed that bots were running the laps for someone.  Statistically, what we saw did not make sense, as the top few times were not merely tenths or hundredths faster than those directly behind them, but seconds faster.  I won't come right out and accuse anyone of cheating, but what was accomplished on that TT was not the normal alien vs human game we see on the rest of them.  I never had proof so I've kept my mouth sort of semi-shut.

here is a graph I made of that Kart Space TT:
(see attachment)

[attachment deleted during "purge" by admin]

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #325 on: June 19, 2012, 03:00:42 PM »

Sorry, you will have to interpret that chart for me.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #326 on: June 19, 2012, 03:41:25 PM »

Looks like the top few drivers are over two seconds ahead of everyone else, which is Very rare. I always wonder why there is such dominance over US drivers in TTs.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #327 on: June 19, 2012, 03:46:23 PM »

My problem is, the absolute lack of personalization...

I really don't think they could run the initial open part of the contest with any sort of variability. Maybe during later stages, but not the first one. They have to draw a line in the sand somehow, to separate the wheat from the chaff first, then get down to the real business of running a serious contest. They are only interested in the top few drivers, not most of us.

The car isn't all that hard to drive, once you understand it, and the track has its own challenges, like any track should, and Motegi is a good way to renew interest in GT, so I guess they did a good job of it.

(I don't hate any track, including this one.
I just think Tilke blew Fuji.)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #328 on: June 19, 2012, 03:57:20 PM »

My problem is, the absolute lack of personalization...

I really don't think they could run the initial open part of the contest with any sort of variability. Maybe during later stages, but not the first one. They have to draw a line in the sand somehow, to separate the wheat from the chaff first, then get down to the real business of running a serious contest. They are only interested in the top few drivers, not most of us.

The car isn't all that hard to drive, once you understand it, and the track has its own challenges, like any track should, and Motegi is a good way to renew interest in GT, so I guess they did a good job of it.

(I don't hate any track, including this one.
I just think Tilke blew Fuji.)

I kinda like Fuji. I will agree Tilke tracks make better parades than races though.

Also, regarding Fuji. I wonder if you can see most of the track from the front straight grandstand. oops I guess not.
Fuji Speedway Grand Stand View
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 03:59:37 PM by DudeTuna »

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #329 on: June 19, 2012, 04:01:49 PM »

Sorry for the :tunafy carry on.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 58   Go Up