SupaTunaGT

• May 04, 2024, 05:42:53 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: GT Academy  (Read 70951 times)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
Re: GT Academy
« Reply #330 on: June 19, 2012, 04:08:22 PM »

Sorry, you will have to interpret that chart for me.

it was made from copying and pasting the results posted at gran-turismo.com into a spreadsheet and then using a report program to create the graph.

it shows how there was around 1 sec difference total between the top 240 some odd players with hundredths between them most of the time, until suddenly there was a leap downward.

each line in the big line is a player.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #331 on: June 19, 2012, 04:27:58 PM »

So the last eight or so are from EU and the rest are not?
(Does the nearly straight part also include other Europeans?)

My console is not turned on. Is this TT still up?

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #332 on: June 19, 2012, 09:25:27 PM »

I my self am a trail breaker, I am on the binders for a long time and deep into the apex....Try doing that with this test some time and see where you wind up, I would advise taking a sand wedge with you because you'll need it.

192nd as of this writing.   :-\
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 09:31:07 PM by TunaWiz »

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #333 on: June 19, 2012, 10:37:29 PM »

I my self am a trail breaker, I am on the binders for a long time and deep into the apex....Try doing that with this test some time and see where you wind up, I would advise taking a sand wedge with you because you'll need it.

193st as of this writing.   :-\

And way awesome. I really must put some time in here. I may only roll a 33, but it will be better than the  35.9xx I have now.  :jimi:

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #334 on: June 20, 2012, 03:31:10 AM »

Next year the Tuna should mount an assault on the top 500. I firmly believe most of the guys around here can do that and it would not only be funny to keep seeing Tuna names pop up but it might be some free publicity. Maybe even find some quality racers out of it all.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #335 on: June 20, 2012, 04:55:45 AM »

Turn off the ABS.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #336 on: June 20, 2012, 05:10:39 AM »

Turn off the ABS.

Why?

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #337 on: June 20, 2012, 05:14:11 AM »

Next year the Tuna should mount an assault on the top 500. I firmly believe most of the guys around here can do that and it would not only be funny to keep seeing Tuna names pop up but it might be some free publicity. Maybe even find some quality racers out of it all.

To put it bluntly, I may not participate next year. I am really beginning to dislike the way it's being processed. I have a group of guys that I periodically run with when we are not doing anything that consists of not only real world race drivers but also racing instructors at tracks featured in GT-5. I can hold my own and even win races with these guys but I can't break the top thousand in these damn tests.....something ain't right.

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #338 on: June 20, 2012, 05:17:40 AM »

I'm going to try to get Tuna_Girls into the top 50. I loathe this track, but if I put my head down I may be able to string a super quick lap together. I didnt see the rig last night, but she's calling my name tonight.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #339 on: June 20, 2012, 05:18:33 AM »

Turn off the ABS.

Why?

I have been trying to run without it during the tests because I have known myself to be faster with it off.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #340 on: June 20, 2012, 05:35:39 AM »

I have 2 names in the top 250 (1 name you guys don't know about  ;) ) and I plan on firing up TunaWiz soon and getting him in there as well.  :)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #341 on: June 20, 2012, 06:10:47 AM »

Turn off the ABS.

Why?

I have been trying to run without it during the tests because I have known myself to be faster with it off.

Ok but in GT5 I assume you adjust your brake bias to make ABS off more manageable.  Without being able to adjust the brake bias in GT Academy, of course the car is gonna handle like shit with no ABS.

Why not just try turning on ABS to 1 and see what happens?

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #342 on: June 20, 2012, 06:12:41 AM »

Turn off the ABS.

Why?

Ok but in GT5 I assume you adjust your brake bias to make ABS off more manageable.  Without being able to adjust the brake bias in GT Academy, of course the car is gonna handle like shit with no ABS.

Consistant 35.5's

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #343 on: June 20, 2012, 06:16:51 AM »

If you all create some Canadian accounts, we could kick ass on the leader board. Sure, it's the Canadian leader board, but it's still a leader board. I got up to 48, but know I've been pushed back to the 50s now.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #344 on: June 20, 2012, 06:24:27 AM »

Turn off the ABS.

Why?

Consistant 35.5's

I was being rushed out the door so I could not finish my thought.

When I run from ABS to no ABS in GT-5 I do not make any adjustment to my braking bias to compensate for the lack of ABS. I run the same numbers with or without. Yes, it is significantly less than default but that does not change the fact they are not done to compensate for the sudden loss of ABS.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 58   Go Up