• May 04, 2024, 02:18:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: GT Academy  (Read 70946 times)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: GT Academy
« Reply #345 on: June 20, 2012, 06:31:06 AM »

Well good luck then.  Sounds like it's working out well for you.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #346 on: June 20, 2012, 06:56:08 AM »

I watched that 45 min tutorial last night and then spent 2 1/2 hrs trying to beat my existing time...which I did, by 0.003 seconds.  In other words I sucked (comparative) ass last night.  Low 1:33's all day long, but low 1:32s or better?  Not even close :(

Think I'll give it a rest tonight (got plans anyway) but I'll give it another shot Friday.

PSN ID = dawson864

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #347 on: June 20, 2012, 07:53:08 AM »

felt good to improve my time twice last night.  when I stopped there were still spots I knew I could be faster.  Maybe I'll improve again before it's over, but probably won't be in top 250.

top 100 would have been glorious, as I don't really want to be a race driver, but would love to have the prestige of being in top 100.

got past a few people I didn't think I would, though.

01:32.776
world - #3574  US - #421  (atm)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #348 on: June 20, 2012, 08:09:23 AM »

So the last eight or so are from EU and the rest are not?
(Does the nearly straight part also include other Europeans?)

My console is not turned on. Is this TT still up?

that TT is not up any longer (closed end of Dec.).  I guess my rant went off in two directions.

#1, why are those outside of North America so much better than us?  I mean, if it's just that we suck, I want to know that.  It's interesting from a sociological perspective.

#2, it really did seem, and looking at it again, I still feel there is something wrong wit hthe top times in that Kart Space TT.

6rd and 12nd are US players, but the top canadian, Turismo_Lester, is way down in 21th with a gap of 2.5 seconds????  He wins a lot of TTs and places in top ten very frequently.  He lead this one in fact, for a while until other started nudging him down the list.  Thats natural, what does not seem natural is the ability for only two racers, both happen to be from Spain, to do seconds faster than even 3st place.

There's aliens, and then there's cylons.  At least we know the aliens have flesh and blood, whatever color it may be :D

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #349 on: June 20, 2012, 08:23:19 AM »

I have 2 questions regarding the "tutorial"

1)  He brakes for a few turns with the car on the curbs.  When I do this it is too unstable for my liking; anyone else have that problem?

2) After the 2nd long straight (after the chicane and before the underpass) he doesn't drop below 3rd gear.  I simply could not get that to work.  I would either understeer like a bitch or slow down too much.  I could not get trailbraking to help with that, it just amplified the problem (and he didn't mention needing to do that).

Anybody else having issues trying to replicate his advice?

PSN ID = dawson864

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #350 on: June 20, 2012, 08:26:36 AM »

While the video has good tips in it, the actual physical ability to give the correct inputs (timing and level of gas/brake and steering) is still in the hands of the individual. Knowing how to do something right - or extremely well - doesn't mean that you can. I could watch and try to follow that video numerous times, but doubt I'd get below 32.5. As it is, I'll be lucky to beat your 32.7 wolfdawson.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #351 on: June 20, 2012, 08:30:22 AM »

1)  He brakes for a few turns with the car on the curbs.  When I do this it is too unstable for my liking; anyone else have that problem?

2) After the 2nd long straight (after the chicane and before the underpass) he doesn't drop below 3rd gear.  I simply could not get that to work.  I would either understeer like a bitch or slow down too much.  I could not get trailbraking to help with that, it just amplified the problem (and he didn't mention needing to do that).

Yes, I have a lot of trouble braking on curbs.

I also use second gear much more than him. Third give under steer. It may be we get third too early in the corner.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #352 on: June 20, 2012, 08:33:07 AM »

^^Hehe, thanks for the compliment ;)  And while your points are certainly true I will say that his shift point for the chicane, as well as throttle modulation before it,  were helpful with stability and consistency but they ultimately did nothing to improve my overall time.

Other than Friday night I dunno when I'll be able to get a final crack at this.  I've got my bday this week so I'm busy with a few celebration events and whatnot ;D

^yeah agreed.  Though I've found with practice using a lot more of 3rd gear in turn 1 and the 2nd to last turn has benefited me.  I guess I'm losing time somewhere else (since my times didn't drop) or the helpfulness there is just my flawed perception.

PSN ID = dawson864

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #353 on: June 20, 2012, 08:34:56 AM »

I didn't notice him braking on curbing, but I could have missed it.  secondly, that turn you're referring to just needs a left to right turn-in and not too late, not too early.  if you nail the angle, keep in 3rd so you can escape without losing any traction.

that video helped me, for sure.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #354 on: June 20, 2012, 08:44:56 AM »

maybe I'll call in sick tomorrow and put some solid time in  :P

PSN ID = dawson864

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #355 on: June 20, 2012, 09:13:48 AM »

I don't have any luck braking on the curb in turn 1 but I do brake on the curb for turn 6.

I also do not understand how he takes turn 6 in 3nd gear.  I tried it about 20 times last night and couldn't get it right so I said fuck it and went back to using 2st gear there.

Meanwhile, I'm still stuck at 32.250.  Been stuck there for 5 days.  If I don't get into the 31's by the weekend I'm gonna say fuck it and turn Active Steering on strong and see what happens.  By then I won't care if people give me shit for using an aid, I just want a :fucking 31!   ^-^

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #356 on: June 20, 2012, 09:35:04 AM »

I don't have any luck braking on the curb in turn 1 but I do brake on the curb for turn 6.

I also do not understand how he takes turn 6 in 3nd gear.  I tried it about 20 times last night and couldn't get it right so I said fuck it and went back to using 2st gear there.

Meanwhile, I'm still stuck at 32.250.  Been stuck there for 5 days.  If I don't get into the 31's by the weekend I'm gonna say fuck it and turn Active Steering on strong and see what happens.  By then I won't care if people give me shit for using an aid, I just want a FUCKING 31!   ^-^

I tried active steering on mild once just to give me a giggle to cool down and recompose my self after the test pissed me off...the god damn thin started to counter steer in three and four and the fucker turned right off the track and DQ'd me.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #357 on: June 20, 2012, 04:21:50 PM »

Next year the Tuna should mount an assault on the top 500. I firmly believe most of the guys around here can do that and it would not only be funny to keep seeing Tuna names pop up but it might be some free publicity. Maybe even find some quality racers out of it all.

I'm going to try to get Tuna_Girls into the top 50. I loathe this track, but if I put my head down I may be able to string a super quick lap together.  didnt see the rig last night, but she's calling my name tonight.

Awesome, good luck!!  :)
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #358 on: June 20, 2012, 05:15:07 PM »

Next year the Tuna should mount an assault on the top 500. I firmly believe most of the guys around here can do that and it would not only be funny to keep seeing Tuna names pop up but it might be some free publicity. Maybe even find some quality racers out of it all.

I'm going to try to get Tuna_Girls into the top 50. I loathe this track, but if I put my head down I may be able to string a super quick lap together.  didnt see the rig last night, but she's calling my name tonight.

Awesome, good luck!!  :)

Thanks Looney! I'm tired, but I plan on getting later to see if I can find some time. I see a lot of names on there of people I race with so it's possible, it's just going to take alot of work and I'm still worn out from giving my soul to last years TT. :)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #359 on: June 20, 2012, 10:33:49 PM »

So instead of waiting for the weekend to try Active Steering on strong I decided to let TunaWiz use AS and keep GTP_Wizard with it off.

Tonight, TunaWiz beat GTP_Wizard by .045 with a 1:32.205

I'll say this, the car does seem to be easier to handle.  Seems like I can get on the throttle just a split second sooner and the rear end doesn't seem to come around as easy.  I can definitely see me getting a 31 with AS on strong.  On one lap, I'd guess I was up by a 1/2 second on my best ghost only to blow the 2nd to last corner. Probably would have been a 31.7 or 31.8 if I had held it together.

Only 3 more days to get that :fucking 31!

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 58   Go Up