• May 04, 2024, 11:19:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: GT Academy  (Read 70959 times)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: GT Academy
« Reply #360 on: June 20, 2012, 10:36:31 PM »

I noticed the "days left" changed from 4 to 3 at around 7:00 eastern tonight.

So if I'm thinking correctly, this thing ends on Saturday and not Sunday, like I originally thought.

Does anyone know if that's correct?  Does it end on Saturday?

InfiniTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
  • Always stay true to yourself.
« Reply #361 on: June 21, 2012, 03:34:51 AM »

I noticed the "days left" changed from 4 to 3 at around 7:00 eastern tonight.

So if I'm thinking correctly, this thing ends on Saturday and not Sunday, like I originally thought.

Does anyone know if that's correct?  Does it end on Saturday?

Wiz, This comes from the official Academy site on the Intro page...

Round 1 and 2:    5/01 (Tue) - 6/24 (Sun)
Round 3 and 4:    5/14 (Sun) - 6/24 (Sun)
Round 5 and 6:    5/28 (Sun) - 6/24 (Sun)
Round 7 and 8 (ROUND 8 IS FINAL/QUALIFICATION EVENT):    6/11 (Sun) - 6/24 (Sun)

The online competition officially ends on Sunday, 6/24

This from the official rules page...

Contest Dates. The Contest begins on June 11, 2012 11:00 PM EST and ends on June 24, 2012 11:00 PM EST.

I need to add one thing... I hate Cote d' Azur' ... not a casual hate... but a deep seated and irreconcilable one...  >:(  I know some of you love this track, but I have never been able to do much on it and trying to run it has been much more of a chore than fun.  Did pretty well on 7-1 and 7-2, but 7-3  :(  It'll be my worst showing I'm sure... Ok... vented now back to it...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 03:38:32 AM by InfiniTuna »

InfiniTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #362 on: June 21, 2012, 04:33:02 AM »

Ok... did alright on Cote d' Azur... sorry Dude... but every run just felt like I was barely hanging on... really almost out of control.  Had many many more effed up runs than good ones.  I might have a little left, been ahead of my ghost going into the last two turns, but I've had enough... next.  This track exhausts me.  :'(

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #363 on: June 21, 2012, 05:28:17 AM »

Was that the TT at the end of the track at Monaco? One of my least favorite tests. The car didn't seem to want to turn at all for me, which meant hitting walls repeatedly. I don't mind the track, but that test wasn't fun.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #364 on: June 21, 2012, 05:37:42 AM »

Thanks for the info Infini!

InfiniTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #365 on: June 21, 2012, 06:10:16 AM »

Was that the TT at the end of the track at Monaco? One of my least favorite tests. The car didn't seem to want to turn at all for me, which meant hitting walls repeatedly. I don't mind the track, but that test wasn't fun.

Yeah Turbo, that's the one.  I just have never liked that track and with that car... it really was wall city.  I did well enough to satisfy myself, but it was brutal.  :'(

InfiniTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #366 on: June 21, 2012, 06:17:58 AM »

Thanks for the info Infini!

No prob Wiz.  I wasn't sure myself and your question made me look.  Glad it's Sunday, it'll give me time to piecemeal together 8.

Hell, I just started 7 last night (procrastinated on this one) and I have only 7-5 left.  Which I'll be doing this morning.  Then I will do 8 over the last few days... Twin Ring Montegi is in that one right?  Another track I'm not all that fond of... figures.    Though not as bad as Cote d' Azur'.

To me 7 is the one I'm putting the most time into, it'll be my personal benchmark and I'll see how 8 goes.

InfiniTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #367 on: June 21, 2012, 06:24:05 AM »

Ok... so let me get this straight... We're doing the Ring in the rain and we're not on rain tires, but still on sport hards??? Well this ought to be interesting.  I'm sure this has been brought up, but I haven't been totally keeping up. 

Off to slip-slide away... weeeeeeeeee!!

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #368 on: June 21, 2012, 07:11:09 AM »

Ok... so let me get this straight... We're doing the Ring in the rain and we're not on rain tires, but still on sport hards??? Well this ought to be interesting.  I'm sure this has been brought up, but I haven't been totally keeping up. 

Sports tires are "street" tires, and in some cases have proved to be better than rain tires.  ;)
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

InfiniTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #369 on: June 21, 2012, 07:17:25 AM »

Sports tires are "street" tires, and in some cases have proved to be better than rain tires.  ;)

So I have found out Chrome  :) , they work much better than I anticipated.  A little tricky at that last turn, otherwise not bad at all.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #370 on: June 21, 2012, 10:25:34 AM »

Frustration is... when you're running 2.5 car lengths ahead of your best lap (32.526) and you upshift twice coming off the last corner, bogging the car down and losing almost a second, effectively shitting on any mojo you may have had going.

>:( >:( >:(

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #371 on: June 21, 2012, 10:31:32 AM »

Frustration is... when you're running 2.5 car lengths ahead of your best lap (32.526) and you upshift twice coming off the last corner, bogging the car down and losing almost a second, effectively shitting on any mojo you may have had going.

>:( >:( >:(

I've done similar repeatedly....one notable one I bumped my shifter and down shifted in the middle of a straight.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #372 on: June 21, 2012, 12:24:03 PM »

While the video has good tips in it, the actual physical ability to give the correct inputs (timing and level of gas/brake and steering) is still in the hands of the individual. Knowing how to do something right - or extremely well - doesn't mean that you can. I could watch and try to follow that video numerous times, but doubt I'd get below 32.5. As it is, I'll be lucky to beat your 32.7 wolfdawson.

OK, so I may have been slightly off here. I made a few asjustments to try to follow tips more closely, adjusted a few lines, and managed a 1'32.392, good for 20th in Canada, less than a tenth behind clacksman, in 19th. Not bad, I would say.

Weird how I did it though. Based on certain topics, I decided to try it with the controller, and got a low 1'34. I switched to my old wheel (a 200 degree logitech that is falling apart) and got a high 1'33. I switched back to my DFGT and got a 32.6, 32.3, and 33.4, in that order.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #373 on: June 21, 2012, 01:49:43 PM »

that is weird, Turbo.  but it may make some sense.  sorta like playing a guitar at too high a speed and then slowing back down can make you more precise.

good job.  it didn't feel right being ahead of you ;)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #374 on: June 21, 2012, 06:51:39 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 58   Go Up