SupaTunaGT

• May 04, 2024, 11:45:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: GT Academy  (Read 70959 times)

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
Re: GT Academy
« Reply #375 on: June 21, 2012, 06:56:48 PM »

1:31.939 for TunaWiz. Great job man!!!! Persistence paid off.  8)

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #376 on: June 21, 2012, 11:42:21 PM »

Great time Wiz. You guys are making it very hard to stay in the top ten on my friends list. Now in Canada Clacksman is 20, turbo 21, gt11 22, forgetful 30 and Neptune 34.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #377 on: June 22, 2012, 05:50:15 AM »

Great time Wiz. You guys are making it very hard to stay in the top ten on my friends list. Now in Canada Clacksman is 20, turbo 21, gt11 22, forgetful 30 and Neptune 34.

Cool! Good job doc. I'm not sure I'll be running again. The weekend is here, shit is busy, and that time is better than I expected anyway. Good luck everyone!

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #378 on: June 22, 2012, 08:39:08 AM »

Cool! Good job doc. I'm not sure I'll be running again. The weekend is here, shit is busy, and that time is better than I expected anyway. Good luck everyone!

I'm really happy with my time as well especially considering how I've been driving recently. I'll probably give it one more shot tonight. I'm not a big fan of muscle cars so I'll probably skip the midnight show. Enyo grill is mysteriously absent from the top times so I suspect that I'll be dropping at least one more spot before the weekend is up

slowmantuna

• Albacore Tuna
« Reply #379 on: June 22, 2012, 08:46:17 AM »

i now have sudden company at home so......  >:( . i really home noone cares if i break away every once in a while to try and get a good time...

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #380 on: June 22, 2012, 08:54:31 AM »

Wow, amazing time Wiz!  I guess there's some truth to you name afterall  ;)

On the opposite end of the spectrum I officially give up.  Between Tuesday and Thursday nights I've spent 6 hours trying to improve my time and I have failed.  The weird thing is last night I felt faster and more consistent than ever.  Consistent 1:32.9s was the best I could do though :(  My internet connect has been extremely slow (load times can be measured in minutes, not seconds) so I (hopefully and unrealistically) thought maybe I had a timing issue and reset the whole system, to no avail  :P

I'm moving out of my current house in 3 weeks and instead of packing when I have spare time I've been working on 8-5.  But enough's enough, I'm done.  :'(

Time to jump in with both feet to packing.  Oh what fun!  :lolz

PSN ID = dawson864

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #381 on: June 23, 2012, 06:15:07 PM »

I think I'm done.  Managed to shave off a little but it is very frustrating.  I gain time on one section only to lose it on the next.  Can't put a complete lap in but at least I'm starting to run consistent 32s.  I liked being a couple of spots behind Clacksman but he went and ruined it by finding a bunch of time.  Looks like he is running a gated shifter.  Not many people doing that.  I think that I've learned a lot working on this time trial.  For those of you that have registered GTP tags, this weeks weekly race series is using the academy.  This will be the only one that I have entered.  Good luck on anyone trying to make it into the final 32.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #382 on: June 24, 2012, 09:16:13 AM »

I made an attempt to improve yesterday. I gave it 3 laps and wasn't even close. No fun = no play. 
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #383 on: June 24, 2012, 03:39:23 PM »

I was curious about the overall global number of participants as the rounds went on. I took yet another alternate account and what I did was take the bronze target time and quadrupled it for my target lap times. So if a round had a bronze time of 30 seconds, I'd run 2 minutes. I did this for 1-1 & 1-5, 2-1 & 2-5, 3-1 & 3-5, etc.

Results...

1-1- 947371
1-5- 637547
2-1- 577631
2-5- 431462
3-1- 366853
3-5- 331167
4-1- 326863
4-5- 310239
5-1- 275539
5-5- 258190
6-1- 247750
6-5- 79796***
7-1- 204441
7-5- 191429
8-1- 185802
8-5- 174724 (19513 USA, 10:30.xxx lap)

*** Leaderboard was wiped

Pretty steady decline the whole way through. What surprised me the most was the drop from 1-1 to 1-5.

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #384 on: June 24, 2012, 06:27:45 PM »

Very crazy decline Wiz! I think one of the biggest mistakes they made was to make the competition to long. They needed to shorten it up and they would have kept peoples interest. I'm also not sure if there will be a GT Academy next year, but if they do have one I hope they go back to the two track format with a combined time. I liked that format a lot more than one short track.

PS: Motegi is a dumb track with lots of dumb corners that drive you insane.  ^-^

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #385 on: June 24, 2012, 08:52:57 PM »

PS: Motegi is a dumb track with lots of dumb corners that drive you insane.  ^-^

Maybe, but it sure was a great way to dangle some DLC before our eyes.  8)

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #386 on: June 24, 2012, 08:57:13 PM »

Very crazy decline Wiz! I think one of the biggest mistakes they made was to make the competition to long. They needed to shorten it up and they would have kept peoples interest. I'm also not sure if there will be a GT Academy next year, but if they do have one I hope they go back to the two track format with a combined time. I liked that format a lot more than one short track.

PS: Motegi is a dumb track with lots of dumb corners that drive you insane.  ^-^

If they hold a GT academy next yer I don't think I'm going to bother. If I want to get in to a real car bad enough I'll take a ride on the coat tails of a friend of mine that runs Grand-Am, It'll be easier that way and I'll have a far more realistic idea of where I stand. I'm tired of dicking with PD's idea of fast. Only thing that I'll bother for is if there are cars like they have this year.

P.S. I like Motegi, It's generally been nice to me.

*EDIT* Grand-Am not Can-Am.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 10:06:46 AM by RoninTuna »

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #387 on: June 24, 2012, 09:29:39 PM »

I would have liked to see how Canadian rankings would have looked if more Canadians really tried. Not that I'll complain about 27th, but I would expect to be lower. I did pretty well, like I said, better than expected.

Its a challenging track. Good car. A two track combined time wouldn't  have hurt. I think the whole setup was just fine, but your probably right about people losing interest.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #388 on: June 24, 2012, 09:38:52 PM »

I'm not too surprised.  This was a free download so I'm sure many people downloaded it who had no real interest in GT at all and just wanted to try it out.  More than half dropped out after the first two levels which were available initially.  Then there was a gradual decline as people lost interest or realized that they didn't have a chance.

It was a neat idea.  Teach a bunch of gamers to drive by making them do a series of license tests and then have one final test to see if they can put it all together over one lap.  The problem was that the earlier levels didn't count and I suspect that most of the finalists will have already had tons of experience with racing simulators before this event.  The next question is: is the long drawn out gt academy a good advertisement to sell GT?  Not sure about that.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #389 on: June 24, 2012, 09:52:23 PM »

I would have liked to see how Canadian rankings would have looked if more Canadians really tried. Not that I'll complain about 27th, but I would expect to be lower. I did pretty well, like I said, better than expected.

Its a challenging track. Good car. A two track combined time wouldn't  have hurt. I think the whole setup was just fine, but your probably right about people losing interest.

Ya, but top 30 really sounds awesome doesn't it?  Or say it like this: Over 1 million people signed up and we ended up top 30 in Canada.  Impressive, most impressive.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 58   Go Up