• May 04, 2024, 11:58:25 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: GT Academy  (Read 70959 times)

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
Re: GT Academy
« Reply #390 on: June 25, 2012, 05:51:43 AM »

I hope they do this again. It was fun with a new track and new things to try. And it was free!  ;)
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #391 on: June 25, 2012, 07:05:09 AM »

I hope they do this again. It was fun with a new track and new things to try. And it was free!  ;)

:stoopid:

It's always fun and GT Academy will always have a special place in my heart. Let's hope that Sony and Nissan have good success in business and can keep the program alive.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #392 on: June 25, 2012, 07:55:29 AM »

I thought it was a lot of fun, maybe I can do better next time :)

PSN ID = dawson864

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #393 on: June 25, 2012, 08:08:33 AM »

Very crazy decline Wiz! I think one of the biggest mistakes they made was to make the competition to long. They needed to shorten it up and they would have kept peoples interest. I'm also not sure if there will be a GT Academy next year, but if they do have one I hope they go back to the two track format with a combined time. I liked that format a lot more than one short track.

PS: Motegi is a dumb track with lots of dumb corners that drive you insane.  ^-^

If they hold a GT academy next yer I don't think I'm going to bother. If I want to get in to a real car bad enough I'll take a ride on the coat tails of a friend of mine that runs Can-Am, It'll be easier that way and I'll have a far more realistic idea of where I stand. I'm tired of dicking with PD's idea of fast. Only thing that I'll bother for is if there are cars like they have this year.

P.S. I like Motegi, It's generally been nice to me.

If Ronin is out next year, I'm out too.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #394 on: June 25, 2012, 08:10:33 AM »

Pretty steady decline the whole way through. What surprised me the most was the drop from 1-1 to 1-5.

I think what you're seeing there is a lot of people getting turned off to Academy because of the stupid Nissan Leaf.

Bad marketing decision, which was my first thought when driving it... wow, they want to try and sell me this in a racing game?  I understand the need for a slow car test but the leaf does not sell itself.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #395 on: June 25, 2012, 08:16:11 AM »

I thought it was a lot of fun, maybe I can do better next time :)

without a new game release and running the TT's off that game, the participation will dwindle, which means the competition will become more fierce.

a top 100 placing next year will be extremely difficult, as we'll all grow as racers in the meantime.  a top 1000 may be very easy, because only a couple thousand may try at all...

exXboxfan final
01:32.521
US - 424
WW - 3330

#5 on US only friends list
#10 on WW friends list

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #396 on: June 25, 2012, 10:16:20 AM »

A big CONGRATS to all you guys who did well in this  8)
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #397 on: June 25, 2012, 10:24:56 AM »

I just wanted the Leaf!

:D

Brindle

« Reply #398 on: June 25, 2012, 10:25:50 AM »

I have been trying to run without it during the tests because I have known myself to be faster with it off.

I'm confused... Are you sure?   ;)

To put it bluntly, I may not participate next year. I am really beginning to dislike the way it's being processed. I have a group of guys that I periodically run with when we are not doing anything that consists of not only real world race drivers but also racing instructors at tracks featured in GT-5. I can hold my own and even win races with these guys but I can't break the top thousand in these damn tests.....something ain't right.

Getting even more confused...  Again, are you sure?

If they hold a GT academy next yer I don't think I'm going to bother. If I want to get in to a real car bad enough I'll take a ride on the coat tails of a friend of mine that runs Can-Am, It'll be easier that way and I'll have a far more realistic idea of where I stand. I'm tired of dicking with PD's idea of fast. Only thing that I'll bother for is if there are cars like they have this year.

P.S. I like Motegi, It's generally been nice to me.

And what is yours?  The race you handed to Chrome?

I don't know about the tires thing, my little brother did some extensive testing to find the tires he has on his BMW are equivalent to the same tires we are given for this test. Assuming you are talking about the factory tires from an IRL 270Z I simply can not speculate them being any softer. If I am mistaken and you are referring to Nissan's training cars, yeah, you are most likely right on the mark.

Where my problem is, is in the diff, I can not for the life of me understand why the back end will not stay down. It does not matter three or five grand, I put the power down and it's lights up the damn thing tries to spin. Yes, I am on a controller, but every last one of you has seen me on the track with everything ranging from comfort hard to racing soft and I don't have the problems with my cars that I have with that damn 270Z, even during races where tuning is prohibited. Something ain't right with the diff. Every driver has a unique style and this car simply does not accommodate mine for shit, suffice it to say, if this final had been in the GT-R I would have been singing a different tune despite the fact I know that without tuning the car it simply does not preform to it's max, My GT-R's turn on a dime, factory ones do not but I can still drive the fucking things. I might just throw that fucking 270Z in the trash when they arrive.

I wasted my time registering for this, I'm not going to bother registering for another one until I have a wheel, the way they tune these cars is bull shit and I'd be better able to compensate for it with a wheel, because I sure as hell can't the way it is now.

Keep looking...

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #399 on: June 25, 2012, 11:24:39 AM »

I just wanted the Leaf!

:D

after this event, not sure if even LastLeafFan is a leaf fan.

wait, does the leaf even run hot enough to need a fan?

lord know's my "ex" did.  damn dog hair!

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #400 on: June 25, 2012, 11:39:51 AM »

[overheard at a GTAaa 12-step meeting]

Hello, my name is CharlieTuna and I am SLOW...   :-[

[entire group says "Hello Charlie."]

I show up at #33+ in relationship to my Friends List  I'd be lower down the list but the others are alts that folks didn't run...    :(

:fly

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #401 on: June 25, 2012, 11:49:52 AM »

As long as everyone met their personal goal, beat a buddy's time, and got free cars with neat logos; then I would call this a success.

I didn't achieve my goal but I also didn't  commit the time I should have to get there. Still had fun though. :)

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #402 on: June 25, 2012, 12:13:55 PM »

I was interested to see where I ended up:

3,356 globally.

Aaaand there is no option to select 8-5 USA.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #403 on: June 25, 2012, 12:18:36 PM »

Aaaand there is no option to select 8-5 USA.

If you go to this page - http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/academy/2012/event/round8/  you can select 8-5 USA and then there is a little check box next to it "My Record"

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #404 on: June 25, 2012, 12:43:39 PM »

One of the fish who swims in these waters also frequents the deeper waters shared by much faster fish.  The other fish, actual racing fish in real life, are apparently the cheetahs of the water.  This one fish I know can usually hang with these cheetah fish, and occasionally, can beat said cheetah fish. 

My only goal was to beat this one fish who runs with the cheetah fish.  I accomplished that goal in 17 laps, none of which were completed while sober, so I'm pretty excited about how I did. 

The way I see it, if I can beat the one fish I know who can sometimes beat the cheetah fish, and I can do it with a blood alcohol level approaching double digits, you fuckers don't stand a chance. 
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 58   Go Up