• May 04, 2024, 10:47:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: GT Academy  (Read 70959 times)

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: GT Academy
« Reply #405 on: June 25, 2012, 12:48:03 PM »

As long as everyone met their personal goal, beat a buddy's time, and got free cars with neat logos; then I would call this a success.

I didn't achieve my goal but I also didn't  commit the time I should have to get there. Still had fun though. :)

I whipped gtp_wizards ass which is all that mattered since he's a bit of a jerk. Couldn't come close to tunawiz's time but that's ok since he's a great guy.

These smileys are all laughing at me. It'd drive me crazy if I wasn't already there.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #406 on: June 25, 2012, 12:51:05 PM »

From the GT site...

* Please note that the arrival timing of the prizes may vary slightly from user to user.
    * Please ensure to receive your prizes during the following time period. If you do not start your Gran Turismo 5 game within the following dates, any uncollected prizes will become invalid.
    Prize Collection Period: July 4th, 2012 – January 25th, 2013

That's a hell of a time frame. I wonder how much of that PD will use to get the cars out.  :laugh
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #407 on: June 25, 2012, 01:00:50 PM »

I guess I met my personal goal, which was to beat some of the people on my FL who I know I should be able to beat.  beat them all, AND some that I did not expect to beat...

...like Fried, Baked, Enyo.  But I have to say it's highly likely that they did not spend much time on this.

any other day of the week and I would have been at least half a second back.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #408 on: June 25, 2012, 01:02:54 PM »

As long as everyone met their personal goal, beat a buddy's time, and got free cars with neat logos; then I would call this a success.

I didn't achieve my goal but I also didn't  commit the time I should have to get there. Still had fun though. :)

I whipped gtp_wizards ass which is all that mattered since he's a bit of a jerk. Couldn't come close to tunawiz's time but that's ok since he's a great guy.

These smileys are all laughing at me. It'd drive me crazy if I wasn't already there.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

This is one of my favorite posts of all time.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #409 on: June 25, 2012, 01:15:35 PM »

I liked that the tests showed where each of our talents shine best.  

Aliens will be aliens, I never expected to land in front of them.  But, I was surprised by who I bested and who I was bested by on a few of those tests.  Granted we may not have spent the same amount of time on each one, but I think its an interesting study.

I knew I didn't stand a chance at any of the tests that featured those quick back to back repeated turns, but I knew I'd do OK with anything that dealt with higher speeds.

I hope they fix the LSD, tranny, tires, suspension, roll bars, spoilers, door jams and headlights in those cars before the give them to us Jan 24 2013 at 11:59.59pm
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 01:20:54 PM by Boston77Bruins »

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #410 on: June 25, 2012, 01:25:24 PM »

I hope they fix the LSD, tranny, tires, suspension, roll bars, spoilers, door jams and headlights in those cars before the give them to us Jan 24 2013 at 11:59.59pm

Agreed.  I grew tired of driving cars that needed service work.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #411 on: June 25, 2012, 02:21:36 PM »

From the GT site...

* Please note that the arrival timing of the prizes may vary slightly from user to user.
    * Please ensure to receive your prizes during the following time period. If you do not start your Gran Turismo 5 game within the following dates, any uncollected prizes will become invalid.

That's a hell of a time frame. I wonder how much of that PD will use to get the cars out.  :laugh

I believe their limited to sending only one car a day so it will take awhile.  ::)

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #412 on: June 25, 2012, 02:33:17 PM »

I'm pretty sure there are a few guys here who didn't really put in a full effort...I'm sure they had something better to do. They were just more willing to acknowledge that than others. I may have had a better time the those guys too gt11, but they're usually faster than I am.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #413 on: June 25, 2012, 02:40:30 PM »

Thanks Wiz.

430 in U.S.

.005 behind exXboxFan. Bastard!

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #414 on: June 25, 2012, 02:46:13 PM »

haha...

424 myself.  wow there were 6 ppl in those .005 ???  I guess that's what happens when everything is so close.

I should really check the leaderboards and figure out who was ineligable because I could be:

#420 in actuality??

When I registered my time it was 410 and I wondered if it would finish around 420.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #415 on: June 25, 2012, 03:10:55 PM »

From the GT site...

I believe their limited to sending only one car a day so it will take awhile.  ::)

:lmao
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #416 on: June 25, 2012, 05:02:16 PM »

and I hope there wasn't $1,000,000 of "tuning" done to any of those cars... or GT no sendy!

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #417 on: June 25, 2012, 08:53:19 PM »

They figure they need to wait until after Dec. 12, 2012 and see what happens.  That's a lot of expense sending all those cars.  They might not have to pay up after all.  In retrospect, that's good business sense, huh?

:lmao

InfiniTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
  • Always stay true to yourself.
« Reply #418 on: June 25, 2012, 09:02:56 PM »

1rdly... Great time Wiz and Ex... I had no chance of even coming close to what time you guys put up.  I barely broke into the 1:33's, but actually I'm OK with that.   I was still finding out how to run the track and it hit me that braking early, sometimes earlier than I thought turned out a better time for some of those turns.  It was in a way a frustrating track for me, as I said before, definitely not a track I liked in GT4, but once I got running it in this TT I found it was fun because of the challenge it represented.   
The worse for me was the laps... many more than I care to think about, where I was 3, 4 maybe a bit more car lengths ahead of my ghost and would blow it each and every time  in the final 2 turns.  Come in to hot and still try to bring it around, yeah good luck with that.     or my personal fave, hitting the throttle a hair to early and spinning it, that gets a bit irritating, especially for say the 10st time.  :'(

All in all I had fun with it and did pretty much as I thought I would, but I do know one thing, the diff :-X wasn't in the car, we all ran the exact same one, it was in the skill level of each of us and the ones who have it showed they did.  I just know I had fun and the ones who ran better than me... Kudo's to each of you.  Good job!! :) 

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #419 on: June 25, 2012, 09:13:44 PM »

It was a neat idea.  Teach a bunch of gamers to drive by making them do a series of license tests and then have one final test to see if they can put it all together over one lap.

I liked it, too, in its own environment. It was something familiar to GT players.

The problem was that the earlier levels didn't count and I suspect that most of the finalists will have already had tons of experience with racing simulators before this event.  The next question is: is the long drawn out gt academy a good advertisement to sell GT?  Not sure about that.

The earlier stages did count, in that we had to complete them to advance. However, if they had made it so that we had to get all golds to advance, that would have sorted things differently. The only strain on the average player was in 8-5, but then the earlier prizes were in line with the effort needed, too.

PD can modify the contest, as they gain experience. If they feel that this one was too much, they can shorten it, but I'd  not like them to make it easier. Raise the bar, a bit more. Taku told me that they had learned their lessons from the problems in last year's Academy, and I bet they learned a few more this year, too.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 58   Go Up