SupaTunaGT

• May 04, 2024, 02:14:53 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: GT Academy  (Read 70945 times)

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
Re: GT Academy
« Reply #540 on: July 02, 2013, 12:27:36 PM »

US ranking ups eh? That mean can officially download from US store, or these people downloading as smelly europeans and then returning to their US profiles? 
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #541 on: July 02, 2013, 12:36:38 PM »

402 in the world.  Damn I'm good  :laugh

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #542 on: July 02, 2013, 12:57:54 PM »

Demo now available in the US.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #543 on: July 02, 2013, 01:04:10 PM »

Lets get it on.
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

InfiniTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
  • Always stay true to yourself.
« Reply #544 on: July 02, 2013, 01:11:49 PM »

Demo now available in the US.

Hey Wiz, I'm at the US store now and I don't see it.  Do they have it tucked away in a corner somewhere?  :-\  When I Dl'ed it from my Brit account it was front and center.  The only thing I see is the 2012 version, why that is still there is a mystery to me.  ^-^

Edit:  I always thought the US store updated around 6ish Eastern Time.
Edit PS: @Charlie... The site seems to be a bit sluggish, load times for pages are pretty slow for me.  My end or yours? BTW... Hi  ;)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 01:14:05 PM by InfiniTuna »

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #545 on: July 02, 2013, 01:17:06 PM »

I actually saw that tidbit of info posted elsewhere.  I haven't checked yet myself.

Sorry if that info is not accurate.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #546 on: July 02, 2013, 01:23:18 PM »

First impressions.  Physics are improved though instability while gear changing during breaking is absent.  This may be a "console" thing or may just be the magic ABS.  I'll have to try it with it off.  Overall it looks better.  I think that they blurred the trees a little maybe to make them look less like 2D cutouts.  Cockpit view has performance issues.

Now the 402 ranking really surprised me.  I had 15xxx on the first event and 7-8xxx on the following events.  I didn't have a particularly brilliant run to get 402 so I'm not sure what happened there.  I didn't even do that well on the bonus events that open up (only silver) so it's not like I was just one of the first to do a lap.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #547 on: July 02, 2013, 01:30:31 PM »

I'll cherish a top 10 (USA) while I can...  :D

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #548 on: July 02, 2013, 01:32:39 PM »

First impressions.  Physics are improved though instability while gear changing during breaking is absent.

Downshifting is just another form of braking. Are you straight line (threshold) braking, or trail braking? Typically in a real car I've got the clutch in while braking so the shifting doesn't impact the stability of the car. Longitudinal G's is what matters. Shifting is then more about rev-matching and being in the right gear when you eventually engage the drive shaft again. But if we're talking about engine braking (clutch out) and foot braking at the same time, the same rules of grip apply. You simply combine the forces and if they exceed the traction limits you slide.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #549 on: July 02, 2013, 01:33:59 PM »

I'll cherish a top 10 (USA) while I can...  :D

SWEET. Frame it.   :)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #550 on: July 02, 2013, 01:38:46 PM »

It is definitely up in the NA store now, just navigating that piece of shit Store to find anything these days is a giant kick in the plums.  Search "GT Academy" and it should pop up with the entry, took me forever to actually find the SPACE feature after typing the GT though because you have to go up a few characters to find it (apparently it assumes GT should be followed by A or some other letters / numbers and not a space, so it shoves it off out of the way).

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #551 on: July 02, 2013, 01:50:39 PM »

First impressions.  Physics are improved though instability while gear changing during breaking is absent.

Downshifting is just another form of braking. Are you straight line (threshold) braking, or trail braking? Typically in a real car I've got the clutch in while braking so the shifting doesn't impact the stability of the car. Longitudinal G's is what matters. Shifting is then more about rev-matching and being in the right gear when you eventually engage the drive shaft again. But if we're talking about engine braking (clutch out) and foot braking at the same time, the same rules of grip apply. You simply combine the forces and if they exceed the traction limits you slide.

In GT, you can downshift immediately to first with no issues whatsoever.  Do that in a real car, you will lock your wheels, probably put the car into a spin, and likely destroy your transmission.  You can't rev match when rev-matching would put your engine over the rev-limiter.

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #552 on: July 02, 2013, 01:54:07 PM »

I was gonna skip GTA this year ... with all the talk, maybe I'll check it out.  :)

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #553 on: July 02, 2013, 01:57:10 PM »

Ok, now I get it.  I think that I was 402 in my "country" but since Canada doesn't exist, I was 402 in "other" or all the countries not participating.  This is actually worse than last time.  Last academy, even though we weren't included, we could at least sort by our country.  I got my ridiculously high ranking (top 40?) since no one else in Canada bothered to try.  Sony and PD found a way to even screw us more this time.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #554 on: July 02, 2013, 02:01:07 PM »

In GT, you can downshift immediately to first with no issues whatsoever.  Do that in a real car, you will lock your wheels, probably put the car into a spin, and likely destroy your transmission.  You can't rev match when rev-matching would put your engine over the rev-limiter.

Yeah, wish they would fix that. Since they don't really try to simulate a clutch all that much (haven't tried it yet on a G27), I always assumed it behaved kind of like iRacing's "auto-clutch" where the game did the rev matching for you. Didn't realize that you could go from 6th to 1st no problem. I'm usually using paddle shifters in GT5. And each shift seems to do the rev matching thing. But I guess if you did it fast enough, you would see the behavior you are talking about.

Can't believe we're on v.6 of this stuff and a clutch isn't assumed and fully supported / simulated. Drop it down into 1st like that, your engine should explode.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 58   Go Up