SupaTunaGT

• May 04, 2024, 03:51:56 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: GT Academy  (Read 70949 times)

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: GT Academy
« Reply #570 on: July 03, 2013, 05:29:39 AM »

I don't care for the menu system that much. It's fine for a small demo, but I don't see it being good for a full game. Graphics seem to have really changed the environment. I'm not observant enough to tell how good the cars look, maybe a bit better, but the environment looks better (if not a bit too bright/colorful).

Physics...the most important part of the demo to me...seem to have minor changes. Maybe those minor changed are important to hardcore sim drivers, I don't know. Stability under braking is very different. Like someone said, trail braking may be more useful with these physics. Power oversteer may be a bit more sensitive, but basically the same. Again, nothing seems to be a drastic change, just an evolution slightly closer to what's desired.

Feldynn, that shitty Leaf did some interesting things. It still had certain understeer as would be expected, but it had lift off oversteer that could actually be dangerous. I think if this car (if it were lighter) could make for very entertaining racing. (if I recall, the leaf has a very balanced weight distribution for FF, so this may not translate to other FF cars.)

I also got a pretty good time last night. Some of those slow corner combinations make it easy to lose tons of time.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #571 on: July 03, 2013, 05:58:47 AM »

Good review Feld. Yeah, on the menu system, it didn't really bother me because I figured it's configured for the demo. For the job it's doing, it's fine. I will wait to see what they roll out for the full game. I don't think this will scale well to a bunch of features in the full edition.

Great observations on the Leaf. I really enjoyed driving that one as well. Seemed like you could tame that boat on rough seas if you were careful. And then it was kind of a beautiful thing when you got it right. AI sucked bad. They were horribly slow.

My reaction to Lucas' face was ... wow, that's one of us up there. I couldn't stop thinking about how cool that was for them to do. I'd like to see them feature a new driver each year, kind of like how EA Sports does with their football or baseball franchises. The only difference is that instead of Payton Manning, it could be me or you (well not really, but you get the point). Really freakin' cool. And I didn't mind the thing popping up because I was just farting around at that point, didn't care about my times. I'm currently ranked somewhere in the 60,000+ range in the US. LOL. Don't really care. Haven't even tried to connect my wheel yet. Just poking around with the demo, checking it out. So more Lucas!!!   :)

Then finally, there's a massive difference between the 370Z in the first part and the one you drive at Silverstone. Massive. I think this game is really going to give us more driving variety from car to car. I'm excited for that.

MX
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #572 on: July 03, 2013, 07:16:28 AM »

So how much time do we have to get our best time in?

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #573 on: July 03, 2013, 07:20:22 AM »

So how much time do we have to get our best time in?

Competition ends on July 28th

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #574 on: July 03, 2013, 07:26:08 AM »

I fired up the PS3 last night and turned my first laps in a GT game in almost a year. The demo was quite fun and it was nice to get back into a Gran Turismo 'family' sim. I'm a total geek for all things GT, any version of GT always feels like home.

The rules didn't say anything about us Silverstone guys being disallowed this year so maybe I'll give it a shot again....but time is hard to find lately so I don't think a top 32 is anywhere near reality. I do know some of my Silverstone buddies are going to give it a legitimate shot, so it will be interesting to see who from 2011, 2012, and the new 'young guns' can make it. It will be fun to watch.

Wiz, nice time man, you're haulin' the mail dude!

Maybe I'll see you dudes at some Tuna events since I'll be putting the DFGT back on the rig tonight.  8)

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #575 on: July 03, 2013, 07:37:35 AM »

Good to have you here Spec.

no_affiliations

• Longtail Tuna
« Reply #576 on: July 03, 2013, 08:45:24 AM »

Letter to the bank manager - The Young Ones - BBC comedy
Love The Young Ones...  think I still have all of em on VHS, despite no VHS player...

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #577 on: July 03, 2013, 10:02:15 AM »

this demo is sooooo unrealistic.  I haven't had one tire explode on me yet.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #578 on: July 03, 2013, 10:20:55 AM »

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #579 on: July 03, 2013, 10:22:29 AM »

I made it to the first timed sector of Silverstone. I wish I could take some recon laps in the leaf as I have no idea where to turn next. I suck at learning new tracks.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #580 on: July 03, 2013, 10:26:10 AM »

I made it to the first timed sector of Silverstone. I wish I could take some recon laps in the leaf as I have no idea where to turn next. I suck at learning new tracks.

Download the Real Racing 3 app.  It's on there.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #581 on: July 03, 2013, 11:04:34 AM »

Download the Real Racing 3 app.  It's on there.

I believe that requires a smart phone. I only have dumb phones.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #582 on: July 03, 2013, 11:53:49 AM »

MasterGT: Have you managed to get anything from Sony?  This is pissing me off.  If you go to the GT website and select Canada for the website, it takes you to the US site.  In the Academy leaderboards we are lumped into "other" and can't sort the results by Canada like we could in previous academies.  The demo is fixed in mph with no option to change it to km/h.  Did we do something to piss Sony or PD off?  Did Kaz visit Winnipeg in the winter and lose one of his toes to frostbite?  Did he watch a Canucks hockey game?  Does he think that we actually cut the tails off of beavers and fry them up?  What did we do?

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #583 on: July 03, 2013, 11:57:44 AM »

MasterGT: Have you managed to get anything from Sony?  This is pissing me off.  If you go to the GT website and select Canada for the website, it takes you to the US site.  In the Academy leaderboards we are lumped into "other" and can't sort the results by Canada like we could in previous academies.  The demo is fixed in mph with no option to change it to km/h.  Did we do something to piss Sony or PD off?  Did Kaz visit Winnipeg in the winter and lose one of his toes to frostbite?  Did he watch a Canucks hockey game?  Does he think that we actually cut the tails off of beavers and fry them up?  What did we do?

I read at the planet that MPH / km/h is automatically fixed depending on country selection.

I believe Canada is not included because all you guys care aboot is hockey eh.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #584 on: July 03, 2013, 12:10:06 PM »

this demo is sooooo unrealistic.  I haven't had one tire explode on me yet.

Well done!
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 58   Go Up