SupaTunaGT

• May 04, 2024, 02:45:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: GT Academy  (Read 70947 times)

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: GT Academy
« Reply #585 on: July 03, 2013, 12:31:53 PM »

MasterGT: Have you managed to get anything from Sony?  This is pissing me off.  If you go to the GT website and select Canada for the website, it takes you to the US site.  In the Academy leaderboards we are lumped into "other" and can't sort the results by Canada like we could in previous academies.  The demo is fixed in mph with no option to change it to km/h.  Did we do something to piss Sony or PD off?  Did Kaz visit Winnipeg in the winter and lose one of his toes to frostbite?  Did he watch a Canucks hockey game?  Does he think that we actually cut the tails off of beavers and fry them up?  What did we do?

Terrence and Phillip. Nuff said.
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #586 on: July 03, 2013, 05:30:31 PM »

For those not on my FL ... currently at US#243 @ 2:21.463

Nice track and a good rhythmic beat to it. Look forward to it on GT6

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #587 on: July 03, 2013, 05:33:53 PM »

For those not on my FL ... currently at US#243 @ 2:21.463

Nice track and a good rhythmic beat to it. Look forward to it on GT6

Awesome time Agent.  8)

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #588 on: July 03, 2013, 05:46:15 PM »

Thank you Dude ..... my goal is to be in the 2:20's (and then I'm done) but I keep messing up corner #9-Copse Corner. Loosing booku time in that spot.  Interesting corner that doesnt feel natural to me so I keep overdriving it.

I'll get it tho .... I think.  ;)   

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #589 on: July 03, 2013, 05:52:07 PM »

Spent about 30-45 minutes working on the full lap got to a 2:23.9xx. I am not feeling any rythm to this place. There are a few turns that string together for me but just not a full lap yet. I am hoping with some more seat time I can improve some.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #590 on: July 03, 2013, 06:01:57 PM »

You guys are well beyond me. I am still at the individual sector tests before the full timed lap. I drank too much to remember 5 turns last night and I will probably drink the same amount tonight. I will be posting a time "soon" though.  :)

SlyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Raccoons are cool.
« Reply #591 on: July 03, 2013, 06:38:09 PM »

I did a 2'22.323 so far. Not sure where i'd make up the time to beat my furry friend (I only focus on my furry friends and Tunas because I'm ineligible for the next round anyway.) who is 3 tenths ahead of me & from Canada though... it's either the triple threat of Maggots, Beckotts and Chapel, the double header of Brooklands and Luffield. or even Stowe. I hate Stowe... my braking point there is still pure luck.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #592 on: July 03, 2013, 06:43:06 PM »

I got it golded, but not by much. will be turning laps for a while basically learning the course. Using the line till its figured out
Also, does the back end of that 370 feel tighter than last year to you guys, or do you think its just different physics?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 06:50:38 PM by nosoks »
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #593 on: July 03, 2013, 07:08:48 PM »

Also, does the back end of that 370 feel tighter than last year to you guys, or do you think its just different physics?

I haven't spent that much time in the Tuned 37oz yet but I did notice it felt much easier to control than last year's one.  With TC on 0 instead of the default 7 last year's was a nightmare to drive for me but I'm having a much easier time with it this year with TC on 0, not that it isn't still wild at times but it's much more manageable for me now.  I assume it's just down to the new physics, suspension / tire stuff rather than changes specifically to the car itself, especially since the Leaf also felt a lot nicer too.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #594 on: July 03, 2013, 09:18:32 PM »

I haven't spent that much time in the Tuned 37oz yet but I did notice it felt much easier to control than last year's one.  With TC on 0 instead of the default 7 last year's was a nightmare to drive for me but I'm having a much easier time with it this year with TC on 0, not that it isn't still wild at times but it's much more manageable for me now.  I assume it's just down to the new physics, suspension / tire stuff rather than changes specifically to the car itself, especially since the Leaf also felt a lot nicer too.

Did you ever happen to think that your driving may have improved since last year??........No, wait ........that's not it.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #595 on: July 04, 2013, 07:29:32 AM »

I did a 2'22.323 so far. Not sure where i'd make up the time to beat my furry friend (I only focus on my furry friends and Tunas because I'm ineligible for the next round anyway.) who is 3 tenths ahead of me & from Canada though... it's either the triple threat of Maggots, Beckotts and Chapel, the double header of Brooklands and Luffield. or even Stowe. I hate Stowe... my braking point there is still pure luck.

That is a good time. As far as finding time, you can chase ghosts and check sector split times to see where you are losing the most and work on that.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #596 on: July 04, 2013, 07:38:53 AM »

Did you ever happen to think that your driving may have improved since last year??........No, wait ........that's not it.

Actually that's a good point Allstar, you need to get out on track more often because I noticed the other night that I'm much better at hitting my mark when you're arround.. it's ok if I call you Mark right? ;D

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #597 on: July 04, 2013, 09:30:42 AM »

A couple of questions.  Anyone download the game from the Canadian store?  If so was the speed in km/h?  To the Americans, is temperature in farenheit or celcius?  I downloaded mine from the UK.  Speeds in mph and temp in celsius.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #598 on: July 04, 2013, 10:52:37 AM »

I watched some replays from some of the top guys and their cars are doing some unnatural things. They're essentially drifting through some corners and I can't even kick the flippin' tail out at all.

I've tried trail braking but all that does is cause the car to push. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

The car just plows and I can't get it to turn anything like the fast guys (all aids off, ABS at 1). The right hander at the end of the old front straight (heading toward the esses) I brake, downshift and turn HARD right and the car sails off to the left toward the wall.

At one point, just messing around, I went through that corner and spun my 900 degree wheel all the way to right lock and floored the gas and the car essentially when straight. Sweet.

Anyone have any tips?

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #599 on: July 04, 2013, 11:29:19 AM »

I don't have any tips at this point. Best is a 2:27.x. But I'm still learning the track and still driving with aids on. I'm doing that because I just wanted to get a decent time in for a ghost lap. Then I'll start pairing back the aides and trying to go faster.

Love that it shows your friend's times. Feldyn is blowing up the first four section tests, beat me on every one. Should be interesting to see the final lap you put down.
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 58   Go Up