• May 04, 2024, 12:44:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: GT Academy  (Read 70943 times)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: GT Academy
« Reply #630 on: July 09, 2013, 07:58:55 PM »

The looking for braking marker on the apex side of a corner carries over to any track. :) Very nice video.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #631 on: July 09, 2013, 08:00:37 PM »

Also, I'm up to Copse. Wow lol cops not corpse. Ah well, sorry Charlie.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #632 on: July 09, 2013, 08:24:58 PM »

Nicely done on P 95 Wizard. Keep going, it would be freaking awesome to see you get inside the top 31.  :)

Thanks Dude! :)

I'm not eligible so it doesn't really matter, but I am "going for it".  I'd still like to see if I can make top 31. 

Though I don't see it happening.  I've hit a wall that I can't seem to get past.  I think my max will be about 2:18.5xx

?? Why not?

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #633 on: July 09, 2013, 09:13:08 PM »

Nicely done on P 95 Wizard. Keep going, it would be freaking awesome to see you get inside the top 31.  :)

Thanks Dude! :)

I'm not eligible so it doesn't really matter, but I am "going for it".  I'd still like to see if I can make top 31. 

Though I don't see it happening.  I've hit a wall that I can't seem to get past.  I think my max will be about 2:18.5xx

?? Why not?

Spoiler for Hiden:
Could it possibly be that Wizard is registered north of the border, eh?

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #634 on: July 10, 2013, 08:27:54 AM »

Let's just say I had some points on my drivers license as a young adult. 

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #635 on: July 10, 2013, 08:51:47 AM »

Is there a police chase video we should be looking for?  :)

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #636 on: July 10, 2013, 09:21:47 AM »

Well hey, they are looking for drivers that like to go fast!!!
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #637 on: July 10, 2013, 10:04:58 AM »

Is there a police chase video we should be looking for?  :)

Possibly!  

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #638 on: July 10, 2013, 10:29:24 AM »

There is one improvement that needs to be implemented for the academy. No more bumper cam. I got down to a 2:22.066 in car went out in bumper cam and was able to start improving my time immediately. So disappointing.  :copz: I know not everyone hell maybe no one will agree with me. Sure the skills will transfer but it would be like the NBA summer league playing on 9 foot rims. Then if they actually make the team standards switch and they go to a regulation rim height.

I only ran a handful of laps on bumper but there appears to be a difference.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 10:34:57 AM by BakedTuna »

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #639 on: July 10, 2013, 10:48:13 AM »

There is one improvement that needs to be implemented for the academy. No more bumper cam. I got down to a 2:22.066 in car went out in bumper cam and was able to start improving my time immediately. So disappointing.  :copz: I know not everyone hell maybe no one will agree with me. Sure the skills will transfer but it would be like the NBA summer league playing on 9 foot rims. Then if they actually make the team standards switch and they go to a regulation rim height.

I think it has more to do with the frame rate drops in cockpit view.  It's a similar bug to the "timing bug" that GT5 suffered from with more than 12 people in a lobby.  When the frame rate skips, the game timer skips too, adding time.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #640 on: July 10, 2013, 10:50:09 AM »

I drive cockpit view in every other sim that I play.  I just can't do it in GT.  They messed it up somehow.  The roof shouldn't cover half the screen as some cars do in GT5.  And as Wiz mentioned, the cockpit view in the GT academy demo has performance issues which might lead to slower times compared to bumper.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #641 on: July 10, 2013, 10:52:52 AM »

For the guys that make it to silverstone there is no choice of view once you are there so why give the option to begin the contest with?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 10:55:47 AM by BakedTuna »

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #642 on: July 10, 2013, 11:56:53 AM »

I actually agree with you Baked, I always thought it was weird to see Academy / competition videos (like that Racer X thing at E3) of people driving in odd views like Roof cam so I think having everyone limited to one realistic camera view would be a good thing for the Academy competition.  Though on the flipside of that I do understand what GT11 is talking about with the screwed up cockpit view, and obviously there is the performance issue with the demo itself in cockpit view (I didn't notice it that much myself unless I was doing donuts or something and haven't tried bumper cam).

So in order to make a forced cockpit or "realistic" 1rd Person View for the Academy they need to figure something out with the camera views at least.  What would be perfect for me is a fully adjustable cockpit camera so you can move it around and change the FoV to suit your own taste / screen setup or maybe some sort of dashboard / hood cam that's sat close to the windshield and on the driver's side of the car, or perhaps both so you have a couple of view choices that are at least halfway realistic in the sense of what you might see from a driver's perspective rather than a camera mounted in a far less realistic position elsewhere on the car. 

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #643 on: July 10, 2013, 12:06:10 PM »

I completely disagree about the camera views. Let people use what they are most comfortable with. Sure, if everyone used the same one, it would be equal footing. But everyone has enough time to experiment with the different views and find one they are comfortable with. And lets be honest. The only people that really have a chance are the ones that have been playing GT for years now. Everyone has a preference. Nobody wants someone with a different preference to mandate that we do it their way and not our way. That would be awful. (unless you pick the view I'm using ... :) )

At the end of the day, the winner of this competition has to do it in a real car and the camera view issue goes out the proverbial window.

I would be way more flexible on standardization of the view if:

1. Frame rate was not an issue.
2. The view was realistic.
3. Supported the Occulus Rift or similar system so you could actually look around the cockpit, look out the window at your apex and generally see where the heck you are going.

YMMV,

MX
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #644 on: July 10, 2013, 02:06:49 PM »

At the end of the day, the winner of this competition has to do it in a real car and the camera view issue goes out the proverbial window.
Too much to cut away for just this part for a proper quote.
This is exactly why is should never enter the picture. There are no cars with a drivers seat on the bumper. So why start the comp with one like that?

And really you want to talk about lack of realism and then turn around and say bumper cam is acceptable how unreal is that view honestly mx? While not perfect, of the two, cockpit view at least comes closer to real life. That is my rebuttal to your #2

Now for #1 frame rate would not be a divisive issue as everyone would have the same framer rate issue..

Same for #3 nobody would have an advantage of seeing or not being able to see it is equal for everyone playing.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 02:25:22 PM by BakedTuna »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 58   Go Up