• May 04, 2024, 11:27:27 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: GT Academy  (Read 70959 times)

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
Re: GT Academy
« Reply #705 on: July 17, 2013, 07:11:05 PM »

What is the ultimate goal Wiz, just to see how you stack up? You did say you didn't qualify, right? I thought about cutting some laps, but I still think I'm burned out from 2011. LOL Both times I started lapping my stress level increases and the TT nightmares begin all over again.

They still haven't clarified if past Silverstone peeps are or aren't allowed, and there are a decent amount in the zone. It will be interesting to see how Sony handles this, especially since it's in the rules in every other country that past finalists cannot compete.

Good luck to those who are lapping with any goals in mind!

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #706 on: July 17, 2013, 07:29:53 PM »

I think I would rank somewhere in the mid 30,000s, (based on the first 4 stage practices).  That's ok, I have only spent about an hour on this.  ;D

Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #707 on: July 17, 2013, 07:52:43 PM »

What is the ultimate goal Wiz, just to see how you stack up?

Pretty much.  At the very least, I'd like to be able to place higher than I did last year, which was 149th USA & 1257th Global.  Ultimate goal is to finish in the top 100 (USA) and/or top spot on my friends list.

Before I met the Tunas, all I used to do is time trial so it's fairly easy for me to get into time trial mode.  Frustrating as it can be, I enjoy it. :)

You did say you didn't qualify, right?

Correct.

I thought about cutting some laps

Don't do it!  If you do there's no way I'll stay on top of my friend list!  ;D   

They still haven't clarified if past Silverstone peeps are or aren't allowed, and there are a decent amount in the zone. It will be interesting to see how Sony handles this, especially since it's in the rules in every other country that past finalists cannot compete.

Wasn't there some confusion about this last year as well?  IIRC, they fixed it last year fairly quickly.  I'm surprised they haven't clarified this yet for this year.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #708 on: July 18, 2013, 05:19:08 AM »

I think I would rank somewhere in the mid 30,000s, (based on the first 4 stage practices).  That's ok, I have only spent about an hour on this.  ;D

:stoopid: I wish the amount of time spent on-track would appear next to your time. It would make me feel better about my lap, which i don't even know how fast it was... but it didn't take long to get there.

Plus, it would show who the naturally quick guys are vs who is really working it. While a 14 second lap is awesome either way, someone who can do it on lap 3 vs on lap 463 would be pretty cool to know. Alien-radar.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #709 on: July 18, 2013, 07:52:09 AM »

darn, I should have saved one of the earlier ghots too...

speaking of top of Friends lists... I beat wizard and tguns on the first practice sector, so got to the top of mine.

my goal is similar to Wizard's... to just place higher than last year.  Even by one place would be fine.  Top 500 was my goal last year and I got 424rd.  I would like to do top 250 this year, but that is a little bit of a stretch.

But in the end that's my TRUE ultimate goal.  To do better than anyone, even I, would expect.  Push my own limits and find new ones ;)

Stepper, another good stat would be how many restarts ;)  I'd be at the top of THAT leaderboard for sure  >:(

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #710 on: July 18, 2013, 09:49:41 AM »

I guess no one likes my carp joke, oh well.

I haven't put any effort into the academy this year.  Not enough time and it sucks not being able to sort by country.  I think that I was like 4xxth in "other" when I quit.  It felt good last time to be placed so highly in Canada even though Canada is small and no one was trying.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #711 on: July 18, 2013, 09:54:19 AM »

The last section is brutal for me.  I've run it about two dozen times and still only have had 3 times that weren't kicked out. 

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #712 on: July 18, 2013, 10:02:41 AM »

I guess no one likes my carp joke, oh well.

I haven't put any effort into the academy this year.  Not enough time and it sucks not being able to sort by country.  I think that I was like 4xxth in "other" when I quit.  It felt good last time to be placed so highly in Canada even though Canada is small and no one was trying.

I liked the carp suckers.

I've completed 2 timed laps. Right now I have silver. I will do a few more laps just to gold and be on my way. I know I can learn a lot from TT's, but I just don't have the time. I prefer to spend the time I do have racing online with friends.  :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 10:05:34 AM by DudeTuna »

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #713 on: July 18, 2013, 12:02:12 PM »

:stoopid:

losing to friends is better than winning against yourself, for sure :D

on that note, I did finally break into the 19's w/ a 2:19.808.

Good for 308st in US and 3087nd in da Erf.  Weird because previously it was 444rd and 4444rd.

Must be a pattern:D

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #714 on: July 18, 2013, 12:09:47 PM »

I've raced once in the last two and a half months...really don't miss it as much as I thought but I've been keeping busy with life.  However, I've got a good hour of seat time doing this time trial thing and I'm enjoying it.  I was terrible in the first practice session.  I learned better how to drive the car in the second practice session.  I breezed through the third practice session and I have no idea how to do well in the fourth practice session.  I think I golded it, but I'm completely clueless in how to attack that section.  Looking at the full lap as a double-edged sword-->I expect it to be both fun and painfully frustrating at the same time. 

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #715 on: July 18, 2013, 12:36:50 PM »

it certainly is, Rick.  I had no knowledge of this track before this TT, so those practice sessions were key for me.  Some appear to have mostly just done the full lap because they figure they'll get better as they go, and they're right.  But for me it was really important to try out different things in those practice sessions and then try to take what I learned to the full lap...

GOOD LUCK!

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #716 on: July 19, 2013, 06:21:45 PM »

I think I would rank somewhere in the mid 30,00085,000s, (based on the first 4 stage practices).  That's ok, I have only spent about an hour on this.  ;D

Watch out bitches, I'm comin after ya.  :'( 

Time to see the Wizard!!!!!

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #717 on: July 19, 2013, 06:59:27 PM »

I just did something Wizard won't be able to do at the Academy..........

move up 25,000 spots.  :lolz

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #718 on: July 21, 2013, 11:18:43 AM »

Ti-tech85  2:16.418

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #719 on: July 21, 2013, 11:54:33 AM »

Ti-tech85  2:16.418

IMMORTALPILOT  eclipsed his previous top time the other night.  It then took all of a few hours for Ti-tech to retake the lead.  Really impressive.

Perhaps even more impressive is the fact the he is a full 1 second faster than all but 3 people on the US leaderboard.  True alien in every sense of the word.

I just wish Dan Holland would show up and make it a real battle.  It's like he fell off the face of the earth or something.  I don't think he posted a time last year either.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 58   Go Up