SupaTunaGT

• May 02, 2024, 06:09:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: An evening at Spa-Francorchamps  (Read 3415 times)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: An evening at Spa-Francorchamps
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2011, 02:59:04 PM »

I do remember one thing though. My speed before braking at turn 7 is around 144mph. Maybe I should try less aero, I am maxed right now. (35/60) Or maybe I'll just drink more and call it good.  

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2011, 03:17:40 PM »

Oh and by the way, since Rick is planning on showing up we should probably let him know where its going to be.

I'm guessing Wizard's World (please let me know what I won)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2011, 03:57:37 PM »

Yeah I should have it fired up in my lounge around 8 eastern.

Oh and you win....

A BANANA!!!   

:nana

« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 03:59:16 PM by TunaWiz »

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2011, 04:13:10 PM »

Yeah I should have it fired up in my lounge around 8 eastern.

Oh and you win....

A BANANA!!!   

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2011, 07:24:30 PM »

I'll try to come out and play too. Looks like some good racing to be had out there.

I think corner 12 slows me a bit. I'm also inconsistent with 13 and 15. I can only do one right each lap.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2011, 07:41:51 PM »

Oh and by the way, since Rick is planning on showing up we should probably let him know where its going to be.

I'm guessing Wizard's World (please let me know what I won)

When your Fatty dies and you buy a new Slim, does your friend list live or does it die too?

Does anyone have any idea if I have Wiz on my friend list?

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2011, 07:47:01 PM »

Your friends list should remain and you are on my list.  You should be good to go.  :)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2011, 08:38:06 PM »

So looking forward to this event. The track is entertaining. The cars are fun responsive and quick. And if the racing the other night is a foreshadowing of what we are getting tomorrow then this will be a great time.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 08:47:50 PM by BakedTuna »

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2011, 08:26:46 AM »

I have exactly one lap of experience at Spa (and that was an ugly lap).  I'm leaving the office in a couple hours to run some errands, then I'm heading home and will run some more laps.  I expect my involvement in this to resemble a Get Rick event, only I'll be doing the banging and it won't be intentional, at least until I fall behind the pack.

The beer is in the fridge and ready to put out the flames when I crash and burn.   ^-^

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2011, 10:57:48 AM »

I've got the car, I've got the track, my wife's got the flu....sounds like I'll be seeing you dudes in Belgium sometime tonight.

****Disclaimer**** I'm not feeling like a million bucks myself, but I feel good enough to drink and drive. I just hope I don't get what the wife's got.

<- off to go take vitamin C shots.  :D

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2011, 11:04:03 AM »

I've got the car, I've got the track, my wife's got the flu....sounds like I'll be seeing you dudes in Belgium sometime tonight.

****Disclaimer**** I'm not feeling like a million bucks myself, but I feel good enough to drink and drive. I just hope I don't get what the wife's got.

Here's my take.  If you get yourself a good India Pale Ale, particuarly something from Boston's neck of the woods, you're going to get a beer with a good amount of Cascade hops (they love to grow in the Pacific Northwest).  Cascade hops give beers a fantabulous scent of citrus, and even a slight taste of it as well.  We all know citrus fruits are high in vitamin C.  So, skip the shots and enjoy a nice IPA.

I'll be having an Imperial IPA later tonight and using the force to navigate the track.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2011, 11:24:00 AM »

Vitamin D is where its at.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2011, 11:49:51 AM »

Here's my take.  If you get yourself a good India Pale Ale, particuarly something from Boston's neck of the woods, you're going to get a beer with a good amount of Cascade hops (they love to grow in the Pacific Northwest).  Cascade hops give beers a fantabulous scent of citrus, and even a slight taste of it as well.  We all know citrus fruits are high in vitamin C.  So, skip the shots and enjoy a nice IPA.

I'll be having an Imperial IPA later tonight and using the force to navigate the track.

Sounds like it will be an interesting night, Specs going to be throwing up over his wheel, Rick is going to be driving drunk, and I'm going to be falling asleep at the wheel.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2011, 12:02:31 PM »

Sounds like it will be an interesting night, Specs going to be throwing up over his wheel, Rick is going to be driving drunk, and I'm going to be falling asleep at the wheel.

Mark me down as drunk too.

possibly  8)

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2011, 01:26:07 PM »

I've taken a time out from online racing of late, but this event looks like fun and I do believe I am free tonight to participate.  I haven't done any prep though and never turned a wheel in this car so I might have to lay off the booze to be the least bit competitive.

Also, I think the comments in this thread are hilarious 

PSN ID = dawson864
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up