Online Events > GT Endurance Racing

Ronins Classes

<< < (2/5) > >>

Feldynn:
I can confirm there is definitely an issue with the way PP is calculated for the Gillet Vertigo, it'll effectively as fast as a 700PP+ car in terms of top speed and acceleration but at 650PP with the right combination of aero / horsepower.  Lower the downforce or power and the PP will increase up to a point before it starts decreasing again, like it's reading a false 650PP then trying to self correct by increasing PP to about 675 before it starts to drop "correctly" again.  Kind of hard to explain but it makes sense if you play with the car's settings :).

Also Ronin, I think we talked before about the Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring car not having a number so it wasn't going to be included.  I found a new (to me) colour in the UCD tonight that does display a number so I went back to check the others I had, turns out they all DO have numbers but they are almost impossible to see depending on the colour of the car (darker the colour, harder to read).  For the darker colours you can just catch a glimpse of the number as it rotates in the garage view when the light source slides across the number panel, cars I have so far..

Black #2
White #3 (maybe light cyan)
Yellow #7
Dark Blue #8 (I think )

.. the number shows up most visibly on the yellow and fairly well on the white ones so it might be possible to include those two at least, possibly others if there are other colours.

RoninTuna:

--- Quote from: Feldynn on March 17, 2012, 12:51:54 AM ---I can confirm there is definitely an issue with the way PP is calculated for the Gillet Vertigo, it'll effectively as fast as a 700PP+ car in terms of top speed and acceleration but at 650PP with the right combination of aero / horsepower.  Lower the downforce or power and the PP will increase up to a point before it starts decreasing again, like it's reading a false 650PP then trying to self correct by increasing PP to about 675 before it starts to drop "correctly" again.  Kind of hard to explain but it makes sense if you play with the car's settings :).

Also Ronin, I think we talked before about the Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring car not having a number so it wasn't going to be included.  I found a new (to me) colour in the UCD tonight that does display a number so I went back to check the others I had, turns out they all DO have numbers but they are almost impossible to see depending on the colour of the car (darker the colour, harder to read).  For the darker colours you can just catch a glimpse of the number as it rotates in the garage view when the light source slides across the number panel, cars I have so far..

Black #2
White #3 (maybe light cyan)
Yellow #7
Dark Blue #8 (I think )

.. the number shows up most visibly on the yellow and fairly well on the white ones so it might be possible to include those two at least, possibly others if there are other colours.

--- End quote ---

With the Vertigo, I'll have to play with it and see this. For the FTO, I have the white one, I know full well what you are trying to get at. I still do not believe they are visible on track, never the less this is one of those things I would much rather exclude the whole set. There are fewer cars with vaguely visible numbers than there are with blank boxes. It's easier to disqualify one or two of ten or more in the instance of the RX-7 than have one or two of six or seven eligible. Don't get me wrong, I love the FTO super touring car and would have loved to have this in my group but it's flawed on GT5. if we can convince PD to put the numbers back on to them they will definitely have a place but as they are now I have to exclude them because they don't fit what I am trying to create.

BakedTuna:
As always I am curious whats with the hang up on the numbers thing?

RoninTuna:

--- Quote from: BakedTuna on March 17, 2012, 02:32:59 PM ---As always I am curious whats with the hang up on the numbers thing?

--- End quote ---

Same thing as it was last time. It's one of my biggest pet peeves with this game, When I set up races with these classes I fully intend to eliminate that flaw. That said, Race cars have numbers and sponsor decals with few exceptions for sponsor decals.

BakedTuna:
My bad i forgot we had been through some of this. And i do understand that numbers serve a purpose. But that purpose was for scoring which is handled electronically not just in our game but at local go kart tracks all across our country. But anyhow my bad for being repetitive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version