Online Events > GT Endurance Racing

A GT-3 test race

(1/4) > >>

RoninTuna:
Wile testing the GT-3 cars last night all the cars seemed comparable in sprint format but a couple showed some signs that long haul racing may be problematic. I would like to start planning an endurance test for this class. I'm thinking a hundred miles at Indy road course but I am open to suggestions as to how long and where.

Thoughts?

Metal:
I'm always down for testing. i have been a bit busy this week due to a show coming up tomorrow, but i can hop on sometime together and test some more if need be

Wolfpack987:
Given the right time and place I would be interested.  However I can't help out with any testing right now.

RickS95:
Any chance Corvettes are GT-3 cars?

RoninTuna:

--- Quote from: Metal on March 07, 2012, 02:47:58 PM ---I'm always down for testing. i have been a bit busy this week due to a show coming up tomorrow, but i can hop on sometime together and test some more if need be

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: WolfpackS2k on March 07, 2012, 03:25:45 PM ---Given the right time and place I would be interested. However I can't help out with any testing right now.

--- End quote ---
I'm not talking about sitting down and just testing, I'm looking at putting together a race like I did with GT-1 with the 150 at Spa and Laguna Seca 200 and GT-2 with the Monday night grand touring to find out how these cars play with each other over the long haul. Some of these cars might not have the endurance and I want to know for sure, no better way to find out than to throw them into the fire of a race. So I am thinking I'll use the May endurance for this.

--- Quote from: RickS95 on March 07, 2012, 03:42:48 PM ---Any chance Corvettes are GT-3 cars?

--- End quote ---
No there are not.

This is my current GT-3 roster
    --GT-3 (475pp)--
       - Opera S2000 '04 #8
       - IS 200 GT-1 Race Car '04 #10
       - S2000 LM Race Car #30
       - INTEGRA TYPE R Touring Car #31
       - BMW 320i Touring Car '03 #42
       - Atenza Touring Car or Mazda6 Touring Car #82
       - Spoon S2000 Race Car '00 #95
       - New Beetle Cup Car '00 #2 #11 #15 #17 #18 #20 #21 #23