SupaTunaGT

• May 14, 2024, 01:32:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Failed: Wed Night GT500 series evnet  (Read 1690 times)

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
Failed: Wed Night GT500 series evnet
« on: August 04, 2011, 01:46:10 PM »

So in my recent thinking/discussing/planning at work of ways to keep GT5 fun for me (what, am I supposed to be working??) I believe with WolfPack's help we landed on a somewhat handicapped GT500 series that should hopefully be fun for all involved!

Basically for anyone who's joined one of my public rooms you know I enjoy running race cars, and I'll usually just set a PP limit and let anyone run anything that fits and go wild.  While this is fun, I find myself changing cars every single race, every single track, and never completely tuning a single car fully.  I'm basically running general top-of-the-head tunes which are decent, but now I'm looking to make something with a bit tighter competition, and a bit more personal love for one special car.

SO without further ado, here's the big ol' general outline I've arrived at so far...

The Days

As they're presently event free, looking to run this Wednesday's either weekly or bi-weekly.  I'll try to push for later start times (like 9pm EST) for the westerners :)

The Tracks

Will vary week to week.  I can either act as sole decision maker or take suggestions.

The Cars

The final list is here http://tinyurl.com/3ns4v5n

As mentioned, roughly anything that fits into the GT500 class, and possibly some custom tuner cars that should fit in as well. NO LM CARS!!  The cars will be run at stock HP and weight!  No turbo's, no weight/engine upgrades (not sure how many of these even have them available) STOCK with oil changes/rebuilds allowed.

The Car Selection
Cars will be chosen and once assigned, used for the duration of the season, so choose wisely!  Since there's a decent range of stock PP with these vehicles, it's not going to be first come first choice.  Also with such a large selection, I'm not planning on assigning 2 people the exact same model (want to have some awesome looking replay's here!)  So how do you get the car of your dreams?  There will be a qualifier.  I'm hoping I can expect you all to keep honest here so I don't have to ask for 16 (assuming a full grid) best lap time replay videos to be sent my way.  Instead I will pick a practice course in practice mode, and a practice car (standard, non-tunable) and tell everyone to run 5 consecutive laps and tell me your average lap time (I hope everyone knows how to average here!)  I'm also expecting that no one's going to sandbag the qualifier (some of you I've raced with so I know how friggin fast you are!)  Based on those lap times, your car choices will be made available to you.  Basically the SLOWEST time will get first and full pick of the list.  IT'S NOT ALWAYS BEST TO CHOOSE THE HIGHEST PP AVAILABLE!!!  I say this because at present the Nomad Diablo is one of the cars with the highest PP, but I think it's also one of the more difficult cars to drive so just because you can choose it doesn't necessarily mean you'll want to.  Then depending on differences in best lap times, the list will be scaled down until we get to the fastest racer, who will have the most limited selection of lowest PP cars.  This will hopefully keep the pack close, and we'll see a LOT of overtaking and back and forth battles!

Event Settings

All assists other than ABS will be DISABLED
Driving line will be OPTIONAL
Edge grip will be REAL
Boost will be NONE
Damage will be LIGHT although it may switch to full at some point, I'm just not sure if I want to do cautions or not...
Penalties will be NONE (no ghost cars)
Tires will be RACE

The Racers

So now it's down to you guys (and anyone else you'd like to share this with).  I'm open for questions and suggestions, and hope this sounds interesting and fun enough to get a full sign up!  Hoping for goos times and a fun evnet!

1.  TunaPhreak (PSN PsychoPhreak)
2.  WolfpackS2K (PSN dawson864)
3.  Valrik
4.  PKR_Cipriani99
5.  Feldynn
6.  GTP_Rylvir
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 12:23:08 PM by TunaPhreak »
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

Valrik

• Mackerel Tuna
Re: Gauging interest/taking signups! Wed Night GT500 series evnet
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 01:55:34 PM »

Sign me up.

PSN Valrik

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 02:07:53 PM »

Damn right I'm in! :D

PSN ID = dawson864

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 02:40:41 PM »

Damn right I'm in! :D
Well you have been involved since inception all of a few hours ago :P
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 03:48:56 PM »

Roughly how long will each race be?

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 04:16:48 PM »

We're still on the fence about allowing Touring cars, so if anyone has thoughts on those chime in (leaning towards NO as there's plenty of choices without them).

There are two that spring to mind, the Mitsubishi FTO and Subaru Impreza Super Touring Cars, that are PD creations and thus don't actually have a "class" of their own but may fit well with other GT500 cars.

I really enjoyed the public rooms so I may also be interested in this, the start time is good but like Wizard I'm curious about the race length.  Are you planning for 1 long race a night (say 30-40 laps, depending on the track) or a few shorter back to back races at the same track? 

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 05:04:08 PM »

Roughly how long will each race be?
I really enjoyed the public rooms so I may also be interested in this, the start time is good but like Wizard I'm curious about the race length.  Are you planning for 1 long race a night (say 30-40 laps, depending on the track) or a few shorter back to back races at the same track? 
I was thinking one longer race so pit stops will definitely be required (not forced, but I think it'll be long enough your tires will die if you don't).  45 minutes to an hour or do people feel that's too long for a single race?

And as far as the touring cars, that's why they're probably gonna be cut, as well as the fact that 98.9% of the field will be FR and they're 4WD.  It's tough, I like opening the field and giving a few extra options, but don't want it to be drastically different.  For now presume the tourers will not be included.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 06:26:57 PM »

Ahh good point, I forgot those are 4WD cars.  There's still plenty of GT500s though in various liveries to choose from though so it shouldn't be a problem :).

45 minutes to an hour sounds fine, I think that's about in line with Brindle's points series on Friday (last race I remember was 60 laps of Daytuna) so it's a familiar length for some of us :).

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
Re: Taking signups! Wed Night GT500 series evnet
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 10:46:45 AM »

Finalized car list available!

PKR_Cipriani99

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Longtail Tuna
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 04:24:24 PM »

Sign me up.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 04:37:37 PM »

Add me too please.

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 11:09:15 AM »

Done & Done!

GTP_Rylvir

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Longtail Tuna
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 05:06:55 PM »

Sign me up psn id GTP_Rylvir

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2011, 08:56:04 PM »

Man I'd love to join (I love the 500/DTM cars) but unfortunately Wednesday nights just aren't good for me.

Good luck.  :)

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 07:17:28 AM »

Aww shucks, we'd of loved to have you!  Damn not being able to fit everyone's schedules  :-\
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up