SupaTunaGT

• May 17, 2024, 03:34:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Manufacturers Team Championship  (Read 5972 times)

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
Re: Manufacturers Team Championship
« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2012, 08:51:11 AM »

My apologies to Wiz, I got home from the gym late and totally forgot about this.

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2012, 09:08:30 AM »

My apologies to Wiz, I got home from the gym late and totally forgot about this.
So Arnold stood the Wizard up? Better hope he dont change you into a toad or something.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2012, 09:25:00 AM »

No worries, DS.  I almost didn't make it myself.  :)

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2012, 09:37:44 AM »

It's a shame about the low attendance, and I was especially disappointed that my teammate Phreak was kicked off the network  :(  I think he could have held on to 3rd place if not for a "mechanical" failure.  Damn these unreliable British sports cars!    I spent a lot of time tuning for this track and we had our cars set up fantastically!

Thanks for the kind words LastLeaf.  Sorry your 350Z wasn't working too well, but I appreciate the wide berth you gave me when I went by.  I'm proud of myself for finally having an error free race, and it was good timing to combine that with a well sorted and highly competitive car.  8)

PSN ID = dawson864

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2012, 09:55:10 AM »

It's a shame about the low attendance, and I was especially disappointed that my teammate Phreak was kicked off the network  :(  I think he could have held on to 3rd place if not for a "mechanical" failure.  Damn these unreliable British sports cars!    I spent a lot of time tuning for this track and we had our cars set up fantastically!

Thanks for the kind words LastLeaf.  Sorry your 350Z wasn't working too well, but I appreciate the wide berth you gave me when I went by.  I'm proud of myself for finally having an error free race, and it was good timing to combine that with a well sorted and highly competitive car.  8)

Excellent win Wolfpack, you were turning some very fast laps. Disco sucks Phreak.

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2012, 11:29:18 AM »

Do you mean the 1rd or 2st time  . I think I did a good job of staying out of everybody's way.

That took a lot of effort when my best lap was a low 2:58  :o. I would spin even when on a constant throttle and no sudden wheel movement.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2012, 06:00:23 AM »

Race Number Five

Time: 22:00 Eastern Time. UTC -5.
Date: Tuesday January 17th, 2011 GMT
Track: Clubman Stage Route 5
Weather: Night
Host: EivlEvo (Races are in MY LOUNGE! MAKE SURE YOU FRIEND REQUEST ME!)
PP Limit: 450PP
Tires: Sports Soft or less.
Ballast Allowed: Yes (If you're using 6 kilos or less, it must be at position zero)
Engine Limiters Allowed: No
Aerodynamics Parts Allowed: No
Racing Cars Allowed: No
Racing Modifications Allowed: No
Concept Cars Allowed/Tuner Cars: Please inquire
Driving Aides: Traction Control, Anti-Lock Brakes, Driving Line
Penalties: Off (Please race as friends should)
Track Edge Grip: Real
Damage: Partial
Slipstream Strength: Weak

---------------------

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #112 on: January 16, 2012, 12:09:42 PM »

Anyone turn laps yet?  I've gotten a few of the Lotuses at my disposal down into the 59s...  :angel:

PSN ID = dawson864

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #113 on: January 16, 2012, 12:33:21 PM »

Anyone turn laps yet?  I've gotten a few of the Lotuses at my disposal down into the 59s...  :angel:

I have managed a 1'01.7 so far. I'm still looking for a better car.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2012, 06:19:49 AM »

Sorry for any bumps last night.  Especially towards the end of the race.  I was tired as :fuck and my concentration went to shit.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #115 on: January 18, 2012, 08:23:27 AM »

I had no problems with you bumping when you were around me.  I was more than happy to let you pass me to get back on the lead lap as I gingerly coached my original set of tires the entire 44 laps

The Evora was heaven on that track.  With the ballast (80kg or so) required to meet the PP limit it wasn't too fast on the straight but the handling...oh the handling 8) 

PSN ID = dawson864

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
« Reply #116 on: January 18, 2012, 08:59:28 AM »

Nice job last night Wolfpack. I had thoughts of going the whole race on one set of tires, but with 10 laps or so to go I chickened out and pitted. It sucks not knowing how much ahead, or behind, you are to those other than the leader. I just wasn't sure if I could make the last few laps and hang on to the position. Anyway, nice job to all the Tuna who raced last night. It was fun.

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #117 on: January 18, 2012, 09:13:58 AM »

That was the mast fun I had at one of these. Didn't have the car to compete with the Lotus's or the Solstices but felt I could have had 6th but for some brain farts here and there.

I had mic problems and couldn't hear any voices so I didn't know who was behind me. I know Phreak had a hard time getting around me and I apologize for holding you up, I would have moved over if I had known it wasn't for position. I had a great battle with Trimble all night and could have had him in the last corner but Phreak got some payback when I hit him  . I know you were done and under the control of the game so you couldn't move but you must have been cringing when me and Trimble came up behind you.

Congrats to team UK for wrapping up the championship and if you could see me now I'm spitting on the Lotus  .

Well done everyone and I hope w have some mother FUCKING high HP beast for the last race and please give me racing anything tires.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2012, 10:11:59 AM »

Nice job last night Wolfpack. I had thoughts of going the whole race on one set of tires, but with 10 laps or so to go I chickened out and pitted. It sucks not knowing how much ahead, or behind, you are to those other than the leader. I just wasn't sure if I could make the last few laps and hang on to the position. Anyway, nice job to all the Tuna who raced last night. It was fun.

Thanks Sniper.  And I agree, it would be very useful to know how far you are behind the person in front of you (if its not the leader) as well as how far ahead of the person behind you.  That information would be very useful in planning a pit strategy.

PSN ID = dawson864

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
« Reply #119 on: January 18, 2012, 03:24:46 PM »

Thanks for all the kind words and summaries in this thread.  I know I've been MIA on these here forums since a bit b4 the holidaze, I'll explain that in another post.  Now on to the matter at hand.

Sorry for any bumps last night.  Especially towards the end of the race.  I was tired as FUCK and my concentration went to shit.

Not sure if this was directed at all towards me or not, but if so, definitely not necessary.  Some of the best/funnest/closest racing I've ever had last night, all around, and Wiz you were a big part of it.  Rubbing's racing, and well, let me just apologize then for any bumps I handed out myself :)

That was the mast fun I had at one of these. Didn't have the car to compete with the Lotus's or the Solstices but felt I could have had 6th but for some brain farts here and there.

I had mic problems and couldn't hear any voices so I didn't know who was behind me. I know Phreak had a hard time getting around me and I apologize for holding you up, I would have moved over if I had known it wasn't for position. I had a great battle with Trimble all night and could have had him in the last corner but Phreak got some payback when I hit him  . I know you were done and under the control of the game so you couldn't move but you must have been cringing when me and Trimble came up behind you.

Congrats to team UK for wrapping up the championship and if you could see me now I'm spitting on the Lotus  .

Well done everyone and I hope w have some mother FUCKING high HP beast for the last race and please give me racing anything tires.

Agreed, some of the mast fun I've had too!  No apology necessary for holding me up at all, position wise or not.  I much prefer finding my own way and continually learning the art of the clean pass.  You were doing just fine holding your own until I finally did get around you, and that goes for everyone involved.  There wasn't a single person on the field I felt I could just scoot around and get away from, just goos goos racing all around.  Honestly I think most of my passes occurred from playing the mental game and waiting for whoever I was following to make their own mistake/mental error.  And yeah, I felt bad as well about the collision after my race was over and I was on autopilot.  They should really run the piloted cars on, I don't know, any line other than the "best"....

I will say the START of the race was quite frustrating on a personal level, and I think it hurt me more than most.  Scared if dawson was even going to make it for the start after multiple disco's.  Then when we did start, first I got hit with the glitched count down so I got a false start penalty.  Then I got knocked a few times and held back by the lag of the first disconnector (not his fault at all of course, but I think I was the ONLY person stuck behind him).  Luckily the Evora was such a beast I was able to claw myself all the way from 12th place with about a 6 second gap to the rest of the pack and take 2nd at the end.  Personally, I think it was much more fun than Dawson's clean race, as I had a lot of group/pack battles, and got to pass each and every single one of you during the race (I already have a photo montage planned of where/when I passed who!)

Thanks for the jinx on calling wraps on the series... there is still one race left you know!  I think had I not gotten disco'd last week and held 3rd we might of had a lock... but breakdowns happen.  So yeah, hoping for a high powered final race myself. Thanks again, and good stuff all fellow Tuna!

EDIT: I put together a little photoshoot from race 5 for anyone interested. Click thumbs for 1080 goodness, use the arrows to navigate pages. It's chronological Enjoy!

Race 5 Pics

Also I was impatient and calculated new team standings barring any penalties or rules I don't know about.  Congrats on team GM (Wiz and Sniper) on their big move into the podium this week!  1 more to go!

1st: Team UK - 174pts
2nd: Team Nissan - 150pts
3rd: Team Chevrolet/Buick/Cadillac/Pontiac - 117pts
4th: Team Toyota - 108pts
5th: Team Fiat/Ferrari/Lancia - 106pts
6th: Team Audi/Lamborghini - 63pts
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 11:50:26 AM by TunaPhreak »
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up