SupaTunaGT

• May 02, 2024, 05:06:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Manufacturers Team Championship  (Read 5922 times)

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Manufacturers Team Championship
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2012, 09:33:37 AM »

How's everyone looking for this event?  My best laps are 2:16s and at the moment I'm undecided about using a DTM car or an LM car (with ballast added to meet PP).  I've narrowed it down to 3 choices and am surprised how similar their lap times and tire wear are, despite their weight, power and PP differences (one of my choices maxes out at 580PP but is still competitive, go figure  ::) ).

Decisions decisions!

PSN ID = dawson864

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2012, 08:02:52 AM »

That was a fun race and congratulations Wizard on the win. Well done.

Myself, I screwed up when in warm up I went to page B in my tuning section but forgot to change to racing softs. I managed to go 10 laps before pitting when I realized my mistake. Now I switch to softs and tried to go the last 10 laps without a pit and that was a mistake because I was on the rims for the last 3 laps.

I think I could have given sniper a run for 5th if not 4th with the softs.

Oh well, live and learn.

Overall a fun series and I would definitely look at running in season 3 if Dude will have me  ::). Maybe with a different manufacturer, Nissan just had too many choices and way too many 4wd`s.

Congrats to team UK on the series win with very consistent races and I`m sure team GM would have been there as well with a full season.

Good times.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2012, 09:34:41 AM »

^ahh, so you made the same mistake I did then?  I, too, accidentally started the race on Race Hard tires!    That dropped me back significantly in the field!  I also pitted for the first time on lap 10.  However, I knew that the absolute, riding on the rims, limit for RS tires on my car was 8 laps.  So I took advantage of that knowledge and drove hard on the RS tires, knowing that I'd be pitting again on lap 15.  LastLeafFan, I watched part of your race last night when viewing the replay and saw that your tires were completely gone on lap 18.  When you came around to start lap 19 my jaw dropped when you did not stop to pit  

I had a pretty decent battle with my teammate, though it was more swapping positions due to pitting and spin outs rather than close racing  :D  I was pretty proud of myself for closing the gap on DudeTuna over the last five laps (30+ seconds down to a few hundreths at the finish).  However, when viewing the replay I saw Dude trying to pit on lap 16 (I believe), accidentally go into the grass, hit the wall and then pull an Austin Powers and got his car stuck sideways in the pit entrance.  Not to be mean but I almost had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard.    After seeing that misfortune I was glad that Dude was able to hold onto his position ahead of me.

I had quite the oddity occur after the race for me.  I exited the race, collected the prize money (and experience), left the lounge and went back to the main GT menu to view a few things offline.  After I finished watching the reply I decided, out of curiousity, to see if the PP of my Astra had increased over the race (it was after all, a brand new car with 0 miles on the odometer).  PP was the same, 600.  And the total mileage displayed was 0.0.  

WTF :-\

My account balance also no longer reflected race winnings.  Do I have some sort of saving error going on with my PS3?  A similar thing occurred with my Jaguar XJ220 LM car before the race.  I had the engine "worn down" to 521 hp, perfect to meet the PP for the race and yet when I cranked up the PS3 today the car had 530 hp ???

Regardless, it was still quite a fun race and the more I run at Spa the more I like it.  It's quite the honor for Team UK to have taken the overall trophy and I would agree that if Team GM had jumped in sooner things would have been more interesting!  The Brits really know how to make some sports cars and the options we had at our disposal were pretty great (I think I only used a non mid-engined car twice, hahaha).

Schedule permitting I think Phreak and I will definitely be up for round 3 of this series whenever it comes back around.  I've already started thinking about which makes/country I'd like to represent next time  ;D

Also I wanted to add Congrats to Wiz on his win.  You really dominated the field and executed flawlessly!  Hat's off to you good sir
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:39:18 AM by WolfpackS2k »

PSN ID = dawson864

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2012, 10:08:54 AM »

Nice win Wizard, I could never close the gap enough to put any real pressure on you. Excellent Championship victory Team UK.

Austin Powers LOL that is exactly what it felt like.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2012, 10:11:08 AM »

I pulled the same stunt when entering the pit lane when I was just doing practice.  So during the race I was EXTRA careful on that entrance to not repeat my mistakes. :copz:

PSN ID = dawson864

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2012, 08:04:17 PM »

Well done Wiz on the victory. I wish my Camaro would have been half as fast as yours.

Congrats to team UK on a well deserved championship win. Nice job guys.

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
« Reply #126 on: January 26, 2012, 11:25:50 AM »

I definitely had a lot of fun the whole season, and surely think GM would of given us a run for our money if not for a few missed races.

Congrats wiz on another amazing run.  I'm starting to think you use actual wizardry in this game :P

Looking forward to the next round!
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #127 on: January 27, 2012, 07:06:02 AM »

Congrats Team UK for the overall season win!  Nice job guys!  :)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up