SupaTunaGT

• May 01, 2024, 06:55:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Pix from GT Six  (Read 16509 times)

SlyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Raccoons are cool.
Re: Pix from GT Six
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2013, 07:29:42 PM »

For me, I was hoping they toned down the dust/snow clouds.  I really didnt mind it in 5, but alot of people did, thus rally events dont get run much. 

From what i've seen, the clouds/rooster tails look better than in 5. Just my opinion

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2013, 09:53:13 PM »

How was GT4 rally better?  I don't mind rally in GT5 or 6 but I really don't have anything to compare it too other than Dirt 3 which is mostly arcade. 

The dust definitely plays a role, but my biggest problem is the lack traction. Dirt/gravel shouldn't feel like ice, in GT5/6 they both feel the same. I'd like to see a little better traction on dirt, tone down the dust cloud, and bring back some of the tracks. It's kind of a good thing the rallying sucks, you got nothing to chose from anyway.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2013, 03:26:45 PM »

Fortunately in space no one could hear me screaming about having to knock down yet mote EFFING cones! :)

Really...you look pretty excited to me lol.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2013, 09:42:06 PM »

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2013, 11:39:22 PM »

I did a multi car pic this afternoon too. A couple early buys I hope to make special to me.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2013, 09:37:10 PM »

DRC at night!!!

Don't remember what offline evnet this was.

Had a hell of a race with this AI Viper, for most of a lap.

Grabbed a couple of the hidden stripe Miatas.

They look pretty good for standards.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2013, 02:26:43 PM »

How was GT4 rally better?  I don't mind rally in GT5 or 6 but I really don't have anything to compare it too other than Dirt 3 which is mostly arcade. 

The dust definitely plays a role, but my biggest problem is the lack traction. Dirt/gravel shouldn't feel like ice, in GT5/6 they both feel the same. I'd like to see a little better traction on dirt, tone down the dust cloud, and bring back some of the tracks. It's kind of a good thing the rallying sucks, you got nothing to chose from anyway.

I'm not going to say your wrong, but I completely disagree with the traction issue... In GT6 I have found it actually quite a feat to get your car to slide sidways in dirt.

I used a rally car of some kind, and compared to what I remember from "5" it was much more grippy and easier to stop the car.  I was annoyed by it actually, and then it snowed in my city and had a chance to take the evo out again and I can confirm that if you have good tires, getting the car sideways is a little bit of a challenge.

At any rate, I would encourage you to keep looking at the dirt racing in "6".  We can all have whatever opinion we'd like, but I was just really surprised to hear someone say they thought the iceskating effect was still there.  I didn't see it that way.

Agent, you'll be happy to know that the dust effects are much mroe subdue'd and you can see the car in front of you through the dust.  It falls to the ground much faster too, so there isn't a 200ft space where you can't see anything anymore.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2013, 03:02:12 PM »

I'm not going to say your wrong, but I completely disagree with the traction issue... In GT6 I have found it actually quite a feat to get your car to slide sidways in dirt.

I used a rally car of some kind, and compared to what I remember from "5" it was much more grippy and easier to stop the car.  I was annoyed by it actually, and then it snowed in my city and had a chance to take the evo out again and I can confirm that if you have good tires, getting the car sideways is a little bit of a challenge.

At any rate, I would encourage you to keep looking at the dirt racing in "6".  We can all have whatever opinion we'd like, but I was just really surprised to hear someone say they thought the iceskating effect was still there.  I didn't see it that way.

Agent, you'll be happy to know that the dust effects are much mroe subdue'd and you can see the car in front of you through the dust.  It falls to the ground much faster too, so there isn't a 200ft space where you can't see anything anymore.

Sounds like we're playing two different games. The dirt traction does suck, and the amount of dust is still ridiculous. On top of that I ran a race in the rain, and the spray from the car in front, is just as bad as the dust now.

I understand we're not all going to have the same opinion, but I can't stress enough how much time I spent running rallies in GT4, and before, for that matter. They had it just right in 4, that's what I want to get back, but I don't think it's going to happen. Also, just for reference, for fun in my younger days, I would spend way more time than I should have hitting dirt roads rally style. There's one right down the road from where I work, that was a favorite, that's 7 miles long. So I have a pretty good idea what dirt/gravel should feel like.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2013, 05:20:06 PM »

Sounds like we're playing two different games. The dirt traction does suck, and the amount of dust is still ridiculous. On top of that I ran a race in the rain, and the spray from the car in front, is just as bad as the dust now.

I understand we're not all going to have the same opinion, but I can't stress enough how much time I spent running rallies in GT4, and before, for that matter. They had it just right in 4, that's what I want to get back, but I don't think it's going to happen. Also, just for reference, for fun in my younger days, I would spend way more time than I should have hitting dirt roads rally style. There's one right down the road from where I work, that was a favorite, that's 7 miles long. So I have a pretty good idea what dirt/gravel should feel like.

If look at the Assetto Corsa thread at the iRacing forum, you'll see opinions varying from it being total simcade to the best sim ever.  Several opinions on both sides are from people who apparently have real world racing experience.  It's hard to decide who to believe when opinions vary by so much.  Much fewer people have experience with rally and I'm sure even less have experience at the speeds that we hit in GT.  Everyone raves about Richard Burns Rally but really how does anyone know?.  Really, both on the road side and rally side, what I'd like to see is something objective to back up opinion like some real numbers.  That just reminds me about the Sebastien Loeb special event on the snow.  The traction in that event was much much lower than the same track/car combo anywhere else in the game.  Did Loeb think that the physics were wrong and got PD to change it but didn't have time to rerun the event? or did he think the physics were good but PD decided that no one would accept it so they changed it for the rest of the game?

Metal

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • LeMans & F1 :P
    • HUGS Gaming Community
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2013, 12:05:08 AM »

totally off topic now...lol...

i don't care what the physics are, i'll still be running rally cause i love it.  as long as it feels different than tarmac, its all good in my book.  had a blast on the dirt evnet on Toscana just sliding that classic audi all over the place.

Is this thing on?
my gt profile: http://www.mygranturismo.net/33187
Youtube Channel: http://youtube.com/powermettle1520

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2013, 02:07:59 AM »

I think I may have found a halfway acceptable use of the stupid Skid Recovery Force driving aid, I wasn't much looking forward to it but I did the I-B rally event tonight and found that with SRF on it was actually somewhat bearable :).  I was only using a regular production EVO at about 490PP though (a few cheap power mods, rally suspension and dirt tires I think) not a full blown rally car so that might have made it a little easier on me too.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2013, 10:58:15 AM »

Last night on the way home from work, I went down a road covered in snow and a had a car come onto that road with me back a ways... I couldn't tell if it was a cop so I gunned it.  After two seconds of AWD at some good speed, I could not see anything behind me... just sayin'

EDIT:  to clarify, I gunned it because if it was a cop, it would have seen me sideways coming onto the road :D and knew that there was no way to catch up on their crappier tires :D

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2013, 03:48:43 PM »

My little ponies:

Look from this Vantage:

Up for Italian:

You Audi rally behind this one:

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2013, 04:42:40 PM »

Cool pics GT11. :tu

Up for Italian:

Going to pick one of these up this evening. A couple tests using it, got me to liking it.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2013, 05:47:25 PM »

How many cars can you set up for a picture? Can non premium cars be photographed?
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Up