SupaTunaGT

• May 02, 2024, 09:30:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Iracing  (Read 45696 times)

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
Re: Iracing
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2012, 06:37:59 AM »

Killer job GT11! A good scoring low incident race is rewarding isn't it?

Metal

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • LeMans & F1 :P
    • HUGS Gaming Community
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2012, 06:51:11 AM »

Killer job GT11! A good scoring low incident race is rewarding isn't it?

I always feel so accomplished after those, no matter where i finish :D

Is this thing on?
my gt profile: http://www.mygranturismo.net/33187
Youtube Channel: http://youtube.com/powermettle1520

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2012, 04:19:01 PM »

It felt great.  I had no idea what to expect with my first race.  I just wanted to stay clean.  The podium was a big bonus.

Turns out Forgetful was in the second race that I ran.  I saw that someone was from Western Canada so I clicked on their name.  He had his nickname on his profile.  I kicked his ass in the race.......... just kidding, he won the race.

I ran a time trial today and got my sr up to 3.43 so as long as I stay safe, I get promoted to Class D in two weeks.

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2012, 04:44:59 PM »

Great job man, glad you got to race with some familiar names too!

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2012, 06:18:25 PM »

It felt great.  I had no idea what to expect with my first race.  I just wanted to stay clean.  The podium was a big bonus.

Turns out Forgetful was in the second race that I ran.  I saw that someone was from Western Canada so I clicked on their name.  He had his nickname on his profile.  I kicked his ass in the race.......... just kidding, he won the race.

I ran a time trial today and got my sr up to 3.43 so as long as I stay safe, I get promoted to Class D in two weeks.

You do know that if you hit 4.0 you automatically get bumped up right?

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2012, 07:19:33 PM »

This game is hard.  ;)

:)

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2012, 08:02:20 PM »

This game is hard.  ;)

:)

First off, yes, but rewarding. Secondly. WAT?? Sweet!

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2012, 08:50:39 PM »

You do know that if you hit 4.0 you automatically get bumped up right?

Ya, I should get pretty close to that by the end of next weekend as long as someone doesn't take me out.

I think I'm going to give the advanced rookie series a try this week.  I'll probably go with the Mazda mx5 at laguna seca.  I hear that series is cleaner.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2012, 12:52:08 PM »

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2012, 01:02:16 PM »

Speaking of iRacing.
http://jalopnik.com/5926673/how-the-right-video-game-makes-you-a-faster-driver

Just what I need...getting to where I can hold my own in GT5, then making the switch and realizing I don't know shit.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2012, 03:16:34 PM »

I plan on wasting away on gt5 for another year or so. I'm too cheap/poor and lazy to setup iRacing now or immediate future.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2012, 03:23:08 PM »

:ditto

I use my PCs for work-stuff, not gaming.  (Ok, so I do play an occasional game of solitaire - with a nude deck) Not to mention that it would cut into my available Virtual Girls (I haz strippers dancing on all my PCs when they are idle).

So I'd have to buy a new machine to be able to iRace. 

That plus the constant expense part doesn't float my boat; that's why I don't have an XBox and haven't played my favorite fighting game (Dead or Alive) since the PS2...

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2012, 07:17:40 PM »

I use my PCs for work-stuff, not gaming.  (Ok, so I do play an occasional game of solitaire - with a nude deck) Not to mention that it would cut into my available Virtual Girls (I haz strippers dancing on all my PCs when they are idle).

So I'd have to buy a new machine to be able to iRace. 

That plus the constant expense part doesn't float my boat; that's why I don't have an XBox and haven't played my favorite fighting game (Dead or Alive) since the PS2...

Charlie, I'm the opposite of a pc expert. I have about a 7 year old pc diesel gave me. It has an nvidea  8800gt I think. It still runs the game fine. 70-100 fps with some stuff like crowds turned off that doesn't matter to me. Since it runs on your Internet browser it doesn't bog your pc down like a regular pc game would.

On another note I hosted a Riley prototype race last week at Watkins glen with 3 Indy car drivers. And I beat two of them. And it's no secret I suck. That was fun.

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2012, 07:31:02 PM »

Speaking of iRacing.

There is some truth to what he says but it is also pretty elitist.  He probably tried Forza 2 on the Nurburgring and dismissed all console games because of it.  he basically dismissed RFactor because some of the tracks were inaccurate.  He never really gave it a chance.  If iRacing really was that close to real life and GT5 was that bad then people like Forgetful and myself would be just as bad as all the other rookies.  I'm running almost incident free races and Forgetful is challenging for wins.  Compared to the leaders, my iRacing and GT5 times are similar.  The writer of the article also recognizes but dismisses iRacings issues.  No sim is perfect.

That being said there are definitely things that iRacing does better than GT5.  GT5 doesn't really simulate proper engine braking.  There is no need for heel toe downshifting.  In GT5 you can downshift all the way to first and the magic ABS will prevent wheel skidding.  Although in iRacing, I'm using the autoblip aid until I get better pedals.  in GT5, curbs don't unsettle the car properly.  You can hit curbs at speed that in real life would probably destroy the suspension.  iRacing appears to be much more accurate.  LFS was sometimes over reactive to curbs; hit a curb slightly wrong and the car tips onto it's side.  A related issue is that the tracks in GT5 are comparatively flat and smooth.  Driving in iRacing is much more alive as your car reacts to slight changes in the road surface as you would expect in real life.

I'm currently playing iRacing using my laptop.  So far it works pretty good.  Nvidia and iRacing have a contest right now where you can win a video card.  I'm counting hoping on winning that so I have an excuse to build a new system.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2012, 08:53:47 AM »

Speaking of iRacing.

There is some truth to what he says but it is also pretty elitist.  He probably tried Forza 2 on the Nurburgring and dismissed all console games because of it.  he basically dismissed RFactor because some of the tracks were inaccurate.  He never really gave it a chance.  If iRacing really was that close to real life and GT5 was that bad then people like Forgetful and myself would be just as bad as all the other rookies.  I'm running almost incident free races and Forgetful is challenging for wins.  Compared to the leaders, my iRacing and GT5 times are similar.  The writer of the article also recognizes but dismisses iRacings issues.  No sim is perfect.

That being said there are definitely things that iRacing does better than GT5.  GT5 doesn't really simulate proper engine braking.  There is no need for heel toe downshifting.  In GT5 you can downshift all the way to first and the magic ABS will prevent wheel skidding.  Although in iRacing, I'm using the autoblip aid until I get better pedals.  in GT5, curbs don't unsettle the car properly.  You can hit curbs at speed that in real life would probably destroy the suspension.  iRacing appears to be much more accurate.  LFS was sometimes over reactive to curbs; hit a curb slightly wrong and the car tips onto it's side.  A related issue is that the tracks in GT5 are comparatively flat and smooth.  Driving in iRacing is much more alive as your car reacts to slight changes in the road surface as you would expect in real life.

I'm currently playing iRacing using my laptop.  So far it works pretty good.  Nvidia and iRacing have a contest right now where you can win a video card.  I'm counting hoping on winning that so I have an excuse to build a new system.

I concur

He also mentioned how great simraceway was and that game it not even completed. Sim racing is sim racing. It's poor man racing and I love it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32   Go Up