• May 02, 2024, 01:41:52 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Iracing  (Read 45705 times)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Iracing
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2012, 10:40:31 AM »

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2012, 10:43:25 AM »

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2012, 10:10:36 PM »

I had to work late tonight to catch up from my vacation and it got me thinking. Everyone should get the iRacing Caddy 6 month promotion. Hell, it's free. The way iRacing works is once you get the content you will always own it, if you ever decide to reactivate your account, everything is there waiting for you. My point being, if you think you may be interested "one day" then get the promotion now while it's free; you'll get 3 pay tracks and 6 months to goof around in the sim to check out the stats, how the system works, and even surf the forum.

Just sayin'.  8)

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2012, 10:23:54 PM »

Good call. I went ahead and did it. Too bad I'm pretty sure my laptop can't handle it tho.  :(

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2012, 07:39:19 AM »

I doubt any of my systems could handle it...they weren't purchased with video in mind. I'll give it a try though...free shit is free.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2012, 08:10:19 AM »

Anyone know if there's a way to get a regular PS3 Dualshock Controller to work on a PC?  In fact I have an early non-dualshock offbrand PS3 wireless controller that might work too, I've been tempted to look at that Caddy promotion but I don't have any real control device beyond a keyboard / mouse right now (though I could get by if a PS3 controller can be adapted for PC).

I guess if I at least sign up while it's still free it won't hurt, even if I don't end up using it lol.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2012, 08:35:55 AM »

At least sign up for the code. You don't even have to redeem it until 2013. The only reason that I can run it is my laPtop died last year so I needed to buy a new one.

This game is evil. Now I want to upgrade my computer so I can run triple screens and upgrade my pedals shifter and wheel.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2012, 09:17:59 AM »

I had to work late tonight to catch up from my vacation and it got me thinking. Everyone should get the iRacing Caddy 6 month promotion. Hell, it's free. The way iRacing works is once you get the content you will always own it, if you ever decide to reactivate your account, everything is there waiting for you. My point being, if you think you may be interested "one day" then get the promotion now while it's free; you'll get 3 pay tracks and 6 months to goof around in the sim to check out the stats, how the system works, and even surf the forum.

Just sayin'.  8)

Excellent point. I will sign up for my free shit this weekend. Then when I have some interest I'm good to go. Thanks 1 cup.  8)

Also, how does one go about getting this Caddy promotion? found it https://cadillaccupracing.com/
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 09:31:34 AM by DudeTuna »

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2012, 10:00:16 AM »

Well... after almost 1.5 gigs of downloading and installation... I finally got it working. Wasn't able to connect it to the TV right off, so had to drive like an elderly person basically leaning against the steering wheel and squinting to see my laptop screen 

Got it connected to the TV this morning. First impressions weren't positive. Not sure how much time I really plan on investing in it tho as there doesn't seem to be (or at least I can't find) how to run with other cars without having to compete in some points-series. Even a time trail would be better than "test car on track by yourself with nothing to aim for other than not spinning and hitting things which is impossible if you ever plan to: turn, lift, brake or downshift." Wanna host a race? $2.

Spec you're right. It's like starting over. I find there to be zero feedback and the fact that the wheel only goes 90 degrees means I'm weaving all over the place because keeping it perfectly straight is nigh impossible.

:-\

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2012, 10:22:56 AM »

I suspect it is like any other game in that over time and with practice you would get used to it.

I'm in no hurry to go there, but I'm sure I'll see you there someday.

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2012, 12:05:52 PM »

Well... after almost 1.5 gigs of downloading and installation... I finally got it working. Wasn't able to connect it to the TV right off, so had to drive like an elderly person basically leaning against the steering wheel and squinting to see my laptop screen 

Got it connected to the TV this morning. First impressions weren't positive. Not sure how much time I really plan on investing in it tho as there doesn't seem to be (or at least I can't find) how to run with other cars without having to compete in some points-series. Even a time trail would be better than "test car on track by yourself with nothing to aim for other than not spinning and hitting things which is impossible if you ever plan to: turn, lift, brake or downshift." Wanna host a race? $2.

Spec you're right. It's like starting over. I find there to be zero feedback and the fact that the wheel only goes 90 degrees means I'm weaving all over the place because keeping it perfectly straight is nigh impossible.

:-\

Stepper. I have answers for you that can help. I'll respond tonight when I have some time.

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2012, 12:08:09 PM »

Anyone know if there's a way to get a regular PS3 Dualshock Controller to work on a PC?  In fact I have an early non-dualshock offbrand PS3 wireless controller that might work too, I've been tempted to look at that Caddy promotion but I don't have any real control device beyond a keyboard / mouse right now (though I could get by if a PS3 controller can be adapted for PC).

I guess if I at least sign up while it's still free it won't hurt, even if I don't end up using it lol.

Feldynn, can you use the PS3 Dualshock USB Charger cord? Never knew you were a controller driver. Cool, mad respect!

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2012, 01:45:36 PM »

found this. seems like a lot of work.
http://www.gamefront.com/how-to-use-a-ps3-controller-on-a-pc/

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #103 on: July 19, 2012, 02:50:26 PM »

Feldynn, can you use the PS3 Dualshock USB Charger cord? Never knew you were a controller driver. Cool, mad respect!

Yup I'm afraid I drive with a controller :).  Sadly whenever you plug it in Windoze is all like "Hey, you plugged in a USB Device!" and installs a generic Human Interface Device driver but doesn't install anything controller-specific, so as far as it's concerned I could have just plugged in a USB Lava / Glitter lamp or a USB Coffee Cup Warming Plate or something else.

found this. seems like a lot of work.
http://www.gamefront.com/how-to-use-a-ps3-controller-on-a-pc/

This however seems to be just what I was looking for, thanks REKsack!!  Had a more trouble accessing the website than I did getting the programme loaded :laugh, kept locking up Mozilla so I had to use Internitwit Exploder, haven't tried it with any actual games yet (not sure I have any PC games it would even work on, hah) but the controller config program is recognising all the inputs so that's something!

Will look into that Caddy special offer later on today and see if I can't get signed up!

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #104 on: July 19, 2012, 03:02:41 PM »

Feldynn I have been looking all over for a USB Lava / Glitter lamp. Where can I get?  :D
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32   Go Up