SupaTunaGT

• May 02, 2024, 05:07:19 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Iracing  (Read 45712 times)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Iracing
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2012, 03:09:47 PM »

They had them at the checkout in my local TigerDirect / CompUSA store a while ago, only about $5 or so but they don't last long if you leave them plugged in more than a few hours at a time.  I miss my old orange lava lamp, used to leave that thing on for ages though that was usually by accident due to falling asleep while listening to the Grateful Dead :).

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2012, 03:19:11 PM »

Just to confirm I'm looking at the right thing.. it's https://cadillaccupracing.com/, then hit registration and fill out the form like you want to buy / lease a Cadillac and they send you the code in the mail? 

Or is that just so they can send you GM info packs and the iRacing thing comes in an email?

Just want to make sure I'm not signing up for the wrong thing  .

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2012, 03:25:51 PM »

Feldynn I have been looking all over for a USB Lava / Glitter lamp. Where can I get?  :D

ThinkGeek used to carry them...  But not anymore it seems.   :(

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2012, 03:32:19 PM »

Feldynn I have been looking all over for a USB Lava / Glitter lamp. Where can I get?  :D

ThinkGeek used to carry them...  But not anymore it seems.   :(

note cheesy smile
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 03:49:18 PM by DudeTuna »

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2012, 03:54:33 PM »

Just to confirm I'm looking at the right thing.. it's https://cadillaccupracing.com/, then hit registration and fill out the form like you want to buy / lease a Cadillac and they send you the code in the mail? 

Or is that just so they can send you GM info packs and the iRacing thing comes in an email?

Just want to make sure I'm not signing up for the wrong thing  .

Correct.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #110 on: July 19, 2012, 04:48:09 PM »

Thanks Eleven! 

I am all signed up now, downloading the software and "new content" I just purchased for $0!!  Fingers crossed that DS3 controller thing works well.

Also 1Cup, I used your email as the referral person / email since you mentioned it earlier in the thread :).

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #111 on: July 19, 2012, 05:00:04 PM »

Well... after almost 1.5 gigs of downloading and installation... I finally got it working. Wasn't able to connect it to the TV right off, so had to drive like an elderly person basically leaning against the steering wheel and squinting to see my laptop screen 

Got it connected to the TV this morning. First impressions weren't positive. Not sure how much time I really plan on investing in it tho as there doesn't seem to be (or at least I can't find) how to run with other cars without having to compete in some points-series. Even a time trail would be better than "test car on track by yourself with nothing to aim for other than not spinning and hitting things which is impossible if you ever plan to: turn, lift, brake or downshift." Wanna host a race? $2.

Spec you're right. It's like starting over. I find there to be zero feedback and the fact that the wheel only goes 90 degrees means I'm weaving all over the place because keeping it perfectly straight is nigh impossible.

:-\

That's how you run races with other cars; you enter a race for one of the series.  You don't have to worry about doing all the races for the points series if you don't want to.

each of the series also has a timetrial associated with it

Each series has the following sessions:
Practice where you can drive around with other cars but not have to worry about your safety rating.
Qualifying where you try to set your fastest lap to qualify for the race.  There may be other cars on the track.  Your time is good all week.
Race where you race.
Timetrials where you run against the clock.  It's not your fastest lap but an average of a certain number (4 for laguna seca this week.)

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2012, 05:51:31 PM »

Laguna Seca is kicking my ass.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #113 on: July 19, 2012, 05:55:46 PM »

In the MX-5?

What are your lap times there? 

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #114 on: July 19, 2012, 06:04:31 PM »

In the MX-5?

What are your lap times there? 

On the laps that I'm not spinning right round baby right round like a record baby right round round round...
I can get high 1'45s

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #115 on: July 19, 2012, 08:41:28 PM »

Had some time to play tonight.  First time since I downloaded it last Saturday.  Finally starting to get the hang of it.  Trying to improve my time with the MX-5 @ Limerock.  Got it down to 1:02's, which isn't great but a helluva lot better than the 1:07's I was running my first night. 

I think my biggest problem right now is getting my wheel to feel good in my hands.  Between the settings in game and the settings on the wheel itself, I'm having a hard time finding my "sweet spot" settings.  I'm getting there but something still feels off.

Struggling with the MX-5, I can't imagine what's going to happen when I make the jump to a faster car.  Wipeout city, I imagine.   

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #116 on: July 19, 2012, 09:35:05 PM »

Go to the hardware settings in the forum. There is top notch instructions on setting wheels up.

On another note. I have always claimed that gt5 is the best sim to hop on and have fun with friends. Iracing is super serious. I host rooms almost every weekend for 75 cents. And the entry list occasionally is the whos who of racing.

If you want the best sim racing available, join, if not the very least it is awesome. The rookie series is brutal due to the peeps that sign up to try, fuck shit up, and go. I never tried to win a rade in the rookie class. Fixing to be promoted to the Riley Daytona Prototype. Then its on. Look me up. AndrewBoully2. There is a nice group of us that run. And if you love F1. This is bat shit crazy. Cant explain  it untill you try. I love GT5 but its nothing like it.

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #117 on: July 19, 2012, 11:04:30 PM »

So apparently being smooth is important in iRacing. Who'd a thunk it? 

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #118 on: July 20, 2012, 01:29:44 AM »

Well I gave it a quick shot tonight, trying to accurately calibrate the PS3 controller is going to take a little more work.  For what it's worth though that controller software link Ballistic posted did work really well, it's a bit over sensitive right now so I need to work with the settings for the driver or the calibration in the game itself (thinking it's driver end though) but it did at least work pretty well!

Took a few goes to get used to how the car handled but I manged to run a few clean test laps around Laguna Seca in the MX-5 Cup car thing, best I could manage was a low 1'48 but if I can fix the sensitivity issue I should easily be able to improve that quite easily and getting used to the general physics and handling differences will help too of course.

Is there any way to change the name they give you though?  Seemed it automagically assigned me a username based on my paypal account info or something, had hoped to set it up to show me as Feldynn since that's the online name I use for most everything else but I don't recall it giving me a choice lol.

Brindle

« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2012, 05:21:21 AM »

Well I gave it a quick shot tonight, trying to accurately calibrate the PS3 controller is going to take a little more work.  For what it's worth though that controller software link Ballistic posted did work really well, it's a bit over sensitive right now so I need to work with the settings for the driver or the calibration in the game itself (thinking it's driver end though) but it did at least work pretty well!

Took a few goes to get used to how the car handled but I manged to run a few clean test laps around Laguna Seca in the MX-5 Cup car thing, best I could manage was a low 1'48 but if I can fix the sensitivity issue I should easily be able to improve that quite easily and getting used to the general physics and handling differences will help too of course.

Is there any way to change the name they give you though?  Seemed it automagically assigned me a username based on my paypal account info or something, had hoped to set it up to show me as Feldynn since that's the online name I use for most everything else but I don't recall it giving me a choice lol.

Thanks for the confirmation Feldynn and thanks Ballistic for the link!  Last time I looked for info on this it was way more complicated. 

One question...  I signed up last night, clicked on the download tab and the page it brought me to said the "iracing service" is not running.  It provided a link to fix issue and it downloaded an iracing installer.  (230mb i think)  After installing that, I went back to the website, logged in and it still said the service wasn't running.  I went to the start menu and clicked on the "iracing service".  Windows 7 of course asked if it was ok and I said yes.  Tried site again, still no go.

Any ideas?  I tried adding all the iracing files (in main directory only) to the firewall exception list, but that didn't work either.  :(
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32   Go Up