• May 02, 2024, 04:37:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Iracing  (Read 45712 times)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Iracing
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2012, 08:03:29 AM »

I had the same problem Brindle.  What I found out is because the game is browser based and Opera isn't supported, I have to fire up the game in another browser.  Firefox works fine.

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2012, 08:16:54 AM »

I had the same problem Brindle.  What I found out is because the game is browser based and Opera isn't supported, I have to fire up the game in another browser.  Firefox works fine.
What stops the PS3 browser from running it? Wouldn't that be the cow's teat's for my computer issues.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2012, 08:31:49 AM »

What stops the PS3 browser from running it? Wouldn't that be the cow's teat's for my computer issues.

From the iRacing website...

Internet Browser Requirements
Firefox 1.5, Internet Explorer 7, Google Chrome 2.0 or newer
Javascript enabled
Cookies enabled
Flash Player

It only works in these environments.

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2012, 09:12:21 AM »

I had the same problem Brindle.  What I found out is because the game is browser based and Opera isn't supported, I have to fire up the game in another browser.  Firefox works fine.

Javascript enabled
Cookies enabled
Flash Player

Dammit! So I cant use IE8 >:(

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2012, 09:20:19 AM »

Feldynn, so you just got the game, are using a controller, and are already getting 1'48s on Laguna?

Never knew you were a controller driver. Cool, mad respect!

:stoopid:

You are supposed to be using your real name on iRacing.  They confirm that with your credit card or I guess your paypal account.

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2012, 09:27:08 AM »

The sim itself is a windows program.  The browser launches the sim whenever you get into the car, or spectate or view replays.  I can run the browser part of the game from Mac Os X but I can't launch the sim part unless I boot into windows 7.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2012, 09:30:49 AM »

I had the same problem Brindle.  What I found out is because the game is browser based and Opera isn't supported, I have to fire up the game in another browser.  Firefox works fine.

Javascript enabled
Cookies enabled
Flash Player

Yes.  You can.

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2012, 09:38:34 AM »

Javascript enabled
Cookies enabled
Flash Player

Yes.  You can.
:laugh ;D :-X

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2012, 09:39:09 AM »

One question...  I signed up last night, clicked on the download tab and the page it brought me to said the "iracing service" is not running.  It provided a link to fix issue and it downloaded an iracing installer.  (230mb i think)  After installing that, I went back to the website, logged in and it still said the service wasn't running.  I went to the start menu and clicked on the "iracing service".  Windows 7 of course asked if it was ok and I said yes.  Tried site again, still no go.

Any ideas?  I tried adding all the iracing files (in main directory only) to the firewall exception list, but that didn't work either.  :(

I had a similar problem Brindle, when trying to go through the transaction receipt "Download" button I was presented with that "Service not running" message even after the download was installed and I clicked the iRacing Service.  I tried rebooting and had the same problem going through the receipt but I went to the website and it seemed to work fine.  

Right now I'm running Firefox 14.0.1 on Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit and it seems to be ok.  Haven't tried it through whatever version of Interweb Exploder I have yet though.

Feldynn, so you just got the game, are using a controller, and are already getting 1'48s on Laguna?

Never knew you were a controller driver. Cool, mad respect!

:stoopid:

You are supposed to be using your real name on iRacing.  They confirm that with your credit card or I guess your paypal account.

Ahh well, that explains the name thing then :).

And err yah first time in iRacing was last night and with a Dualshock 3 controller, of course that 1'48 was only like the 2 "clean" laps of the 6 ridiculously inconsistent laps I did so don't read too much into it, but thanks ;D.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Brindle

« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2012, 09:43:14 AM »

Thanks all.  I will try Firefox tonight.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2012, 12:04:32 PM »

Where the FUCK do I go to adjust my steering settings? The layout of their site is pathetic.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 12:23:11 PM by TheHotstepper »

Brindle

« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2012, 03:23:24 PM »

Was this thread locked by accident or was it by design?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 03:26:24 PM by Brindle »

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2012, 05:20:17 PM »

Bit more news from DS3 land, I've managed to make some improvements to my control issues.  It's still probably a bit too twitchy to race seriously with but maybe after some more practice I can get the hang of it more, at least for fun purposes it isn't too bad (I think it's basically down to trying to emulate a 30 to 90 degree wheel turn using the limited motion of a thumbstick).

I reduced the deadzone of the thumbsticks from 12 to 2 with the MotionInJoy software and calibrated it in iRacing to be a 60 degree turning radius by holding full left for both the 90 degree angle AND 30 degree calibration then set the wheel lock limit to the minimum (180 degrees I think).  Just for fun I also tried calibrating the Sixaxis motion for steering in iRacing, surprisingly it worked really well except that it was kinda difficult / weird to use just holding the controller in open air (and gas / brake was odd too) but went back to the stick setup.

Lap time wise I managed to turn about 10-15 "complete" laps of Laguna Seca in the MX-5, it's still kinda hard getting used to the controls as they are not nearly as forgiving as GT5 is in terms of correcting oversteer / spinning out and such (some of my issue is no doubt the DS3 though) so I'm not very consistent yet but I did manage to turn a couple of clean laps in the mid 1'47s, then two more low 1'46s and rounded out with a 1'45.1xx and 1'45.0xx!

Just need to get more consistent, slow down enough for turns and be as gentle as possible with the controller and I might one day try an actual race heh.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #133 on: July 20, 2012, 05:32:37 PM »

Laguna Seca in the MX-5, 1'45.0xx!

:hifu

;D

:)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #134 on: July 20, 2012, 10:08:54 PM »

Ran a few more laps while my mic was charging for the Midnight Show, got in 8 timed laps in all and managed to keep the car on track for almost all of them!  The first was a high 1'51 and I had one with a spin that was 1'56 but the other 6 ranged from 1'47.6xx to 1'45.4xx which isn't bad at all for me.

Still a bit twitchy but I think I'm managing to get to grips with it, if I can string together some more mostly event-free test laps I might have to try something proper like a time trial or something.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32   Go Up