SupaTunaGT

• May 02, 2024, 05:12:34 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Iracing  (Read 45712 times)

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
Re: Iracing
« Reply #150 on: July 22, 2012, 07:09:49 AM »

Glad you guys are getting adapted to and enjoying iRacing! I plan on removing the DFGT and installing the T500 on my rig today so I can join you guys in some practice sessions.

Also, the voice chat can be turned off, but try and keep the spotter on, he's good and helpful 99.8% of the time, he's only ruined my race once. :)

Metal

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • LeMans & F1 :P
    • HUGS Gaming Community
« Reply #151 on: July 22, 2012, 08:45:51 AM »

First win!! For some reason, I started fourth on the grid.  The start was crazy and almost everyone passed me at the start.  Probably 12th after the first lap.  Finished 5nd overall and 1rd in class.  No incidents.  Im now .03 away from D.

That first win in iRacing is soooo rewarding, congrats!!!

:stoopid: Congrats GT11!!! i remember my first win as well...had a buddy watching me the whole time so i had proof! lol

Is this thing on?
my gt profile: http://www.mygranturismo.net/33187
Youtube Channel: http://youtube.com/powermettle1520

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #152 on: July 22, 2012, 09:38:14 AM »

I signed up but have not recieived the code. About how long did it take before y'all got it in an email.

Did you get your code yet?

Mine came almost instantly.  Perhaps check your spam folder?

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #153 on: July 22, 2012, 09:43:56 AM »

Been checking spam folder as well nothing:-( when things start off with being difficult usually a bad sign for me

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #154 on: July 22, 2012, 09:45:54 AM »

I joined a practice session with Wiz yesterday.  Not sure if he noticed.  He drove right by me while I was waiting for him.  I run with the number 11 in practice with a black car with red side stripes.  I was having a strange computer program where my screen would freeze for what seemed like a second.  I could hear my car going but couldn't see where I was going.  So I backed out and rebooted.

I ran a time trial and got my D license.

My luck ended in the 10:30 race.  I actually started in the upper split out of two.  The first accident occurred just after the hairpin on lap one.  Someone got into an accident on the left side which I managed to avoid quite easily but two cars beside me pushed me off track trying to avoid the car and we ended up spinning.  I probably should have gone off track to avoid them.  Triple screeens would have been very useful.

Later in the race, I was having a good race with another Mazda when an overaggressive solstice decided to spin me in the corner.  He wasn't fighting for position and never did fight for position for the rest of the race but thought it was a good idea to try a risky pass move and ruin my race.  Oh well.  Some how I still managed to gain a tiny bit of safety rating instead of losing them at the end of the race.

Today is a chore day so I probably won't get on.  Next week is the last week to get your SR above 3 for promotion.  I'm at 3.4 right now.  All I have to do is four D level races or time trials safely and I'll be at level C.  Not sure if I'll bother since I'll probably do the advanced rookie series next season.

Maybe someone should use lonestar's email for a referral.  He's been a strong proponent for iracing.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #155 on: July 22, 2012, 10:23:07 AM »

I joined a practice session with Wiz yesterday.  Not sure if he noticed.  He drove right by me while I was waiting for him.  I run with the number 11 in practice with a black car with red side stripes.  I was having a strange computer program where my screen would freeze for what seemed like a second.  I could hear my car going but couldn't see where I was going.  So I backed out and rebooted.

I did see you hop in.  And I do recall seeing a car going slow on the track and at the time thinking "what is this jackass doing?"        Sorry I didn't put 2 and 2 together.  :-[ 

Black with red stripes #11, roger that.  I'll usually be seen in some combination of blue & yellow and sporting #77.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #156 on: July 22, 2012, 10:26:04 AM »

Oh I almost forgot...  congrats on your first win GT11!

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #157 on: July 22, 2012, 10:26:23 AM »

iRacing seems to be a hot topic these days.  Do we need a separate area for it?

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #158 on: July 22, 2012, 10:49:39 AM »

Just wondering about the iRacing website and found a few things out.  They won't tell you your irating when you are a rookie but it is easy to find out.  Just run a time trial.  The strength of field for the time trial will be your irating since you are the only one in the race.

I figured out how to see what splits were run for the race and was quite surprised to see that when you start out racing in the rookie series you usually don't get the bottom split.  I guess that a lot of people lose iRating and those people get to run the lower splits.  Those must be fun races.

The splits aren't necessarily ordered by iRating.  The last split is often Australia so it may not have the lowest strength of field.

Just a few observations.  Now I have to stop procrastinating.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #159 on: July 22, 2012, 11:38:07 AM »

Baked, I still had the Cadillac / iRacing "complete" webpage open (forgot to close it and I save my previous Firefox sessions) and it says if you don't receive your complimentary iRacing email in 72 hours to contact them.. that contact website is https://cadillaccupracing.com/contact

Hopefully you get it before you have to contact them, might just be a backlog being the weekend or something.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2012, 12:03:46 PM »

Had not noticed the the 72 hour thing thanks Feldynn

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #161 on: July 22, 2012, 12:05:46 PM »

Lots of good reading can be found in post #4 of this thread...  http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1354827.page

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #162 on: July 22, 2012, 12:09:36 PM »

iRacing seems to be a hot topic these days.  Do we need a separate area for it?

I think at this point, this thread suits our needs fine.  If participation continues and grows, then perhaps we can make a dedicated area.

Though if others would rather have an area now, that's cool too.  :)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #163 on: July 22, 2012, 12:23:51 PM »

:stoopid: :stoopid:  :stoopid:

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #164 on: July 22, 2012, 01:27:14 PM »

Glad you guys are getting adapted to and enjoying iRacing! I plan on removing the DFGT and installing the T500 on my rig today so I can join you guys in some practice sessions.

Also, the voice chat can be turned off, but try and keep the spotter on, he's good and helpful 99.8% of the time, he's only ruined my race once. :)

Why is the spotter British? Or Australian. Foreign. Is that too make him sound more intelligent? Too bad we can't change it, I'd really love to have Christopher Walken spotting for me... "Hey... guess what there's a car... on the outSIDE... of you... Watch out!"
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 32   Go Up