• May 02, 2024, 03:24:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Iracing  (Read 45710 times)

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Iracing
« Reply #165 on: July 22, 2012, 01:54:49 PM »

Glad you guys are getting adapted to and enjoying iRacing! I plan on removing the DFGT and installing the T500 on my rig today so I can join you guys in some practice sessions.

Also, the voice chat can be turned off, but try and keep the spotter on, he's good and helpful 99.8% of the time, he's only ruined my race once. :)

Why is the spotter British? Or Australian. Foreign. Is that too make him sound more intelligent? Too bad we can't change it, I'd really love to have Christopher Walken spotting for me... "Hey... guess what there's a car... on the outSIDE... of you... Watch out!"

I thought that I saw something about different voice packs you could get.  Maybe you can change it.

We have 37 separate areas not including subforums.  I don't think that we need another.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #166 on: July 22, 2012, 02:07:57 PM »

"moar cowbell!"

[attachment deleted during "purge" by admin]

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #167 on: July 22, 2012, 05:18:04 PM »

Tried the Cadillac CTS-V Racecar Time Trial today, nice car but hard as balls to control at Infineon!  Fortunately I took the time to try some test runs earlier and decided it was best to pussy out and use all the aids I could (driving line, braking and accel.) for the actual time trial, chances are it would be easier with a setup other than "Default" but I have even less clue how to tune in iRacing so probably best to figure out how to drive first!

Strung together 5 incident free laps from a total of 8 run, first 3 laps were invalid due Mr Stupid in the cockpit but I did at least manage to post a valid TT time, not an especially good time though since I'm sure I was slowing down way too much and pussyfooting around turns more than necessary but still it's done :).

Also tried an Oval TT too in the iRacing Street Stock series, love the look of the car but don't care for oval racing sadly.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #168 on: July 23, 2012, 06:05:48 AM »

Don't know it won't yet? After installing it ran a diagnostic test thing and said it was up to par to handle it? May try it tomorrow. Everything is ready so we will see if it works.

I hope it works.  This game is pretty sweet.  Hard, frustrating and even overwhelming at first, but once you learn it/get used to it, it's badass.

OK, seems to run fine. But the 15" laptop screen sucks And I need to tweak the wheel settings again. Damn thing had a lock to lock worse than a F1 car. So what exactly do I need to jump to my 42" screen?  Will running it on my TV slow the game down any? And the CTS in car view was terrible. Can it be changed?

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #169 on: July 23, 2012, 06:22:49 AM »

Don't know it won't yet? After installing it ran a diagnostic test thing and said it was up to par to handle it? May try it tomorrow. Everything is ready so we will see if it works.

I hope it works.  This game is pretty sweet.  Hard, frustrating and even overwhelming at first, but once you learn it/get used to it, it's badass.

OK, seems to run fine. But the 15" laptop screen sucks And I need to tweak the wheel settings again. Damn thing had a lock to lock worse than a F1 car. So what exactly do I need to jump to my 42" screen?  Will running it on my TV slow the game down any? And the CTS in car view was terrible. Can it be changed?

It should run on your tv. First you need to look and see what outputs the laptop has and what inputs the tv has. Most laptops have a VGA connector and many TVs have a VGA input. That may be the easiest. Many laptops have hdmi these days. I have a mini display port on the laptop and dvi on the tv so I needed a mini display port to dvi adaptor and tv cable.

You can change the field of view of the interior view with the [ ] keys.

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #170 on: July 23, 2012, 06:34:27 AM »

It should run on your tv. First you need to look and see what outputs the laptop has and what inputs the tv has. Most laptops have a VGA connector and many TVs have a VGA input. That may be the easiest. Many laptops have hdmi these days. I have a mini display port on the laptop and dvi on the tv so I needed a mini display port to dvi adaptor and tv cable.

Thanks Doc. I remember seeing a port with a symbol of two screens beside it. I will have a look this evening. Maybe with a bigger screen and better wheel settings this game will be fun?

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #171 on: July 23, 2012, 07:34:17 AM »

Thanks Doc. I remember seeing a port with a symbol of two screens beside it. I will have a look this evening. Maybe with a bigger screen and better wheel settings this game will be fun?

Bigger screens definitely help, I run both iRacing and all PS3 games (i.e. GT5 and Battlefield 3) on my PC's 22" widescreen HD monitor which isn't the largest of screens but it does ok for me and since I don't have a wheel I can (read "have to" since space is a premium lol) sit pretty close to it.

Getting your wheel calibrated right will definitely help too, I had a similar issue getting the controller set up to a usable state so I know how much better it is once you have it setup comfortably.  I did all my setup like that using the Test mode (like Practice in GT5) with the Mx-5 Cup car at a track I was halfway familiar with from GT, Laguna Seca in this case, just kept stopping and starting and rerunning the calibration or adjusting that MotionInJoy controller program til I found a decent setup I could then start learning to drive with.

It's definitely fun once you get the hang of it too though the physics are somewhat different from GT5 so that can take a bit of getting used to, but I've only done a handful of time trials and offline testing so far and I haven't got up the courage to run an actual race yet.

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #172 on: July 23, 2012, 09:00:06 AM »

Glad you guys are getting adapted to and enjoying iRacing! I plan on removing the DFGT and installing the T500 on my rig today so I can join you guys in some practice sessions.

Also, the voice chat can be turned off, but try and keep the spotter on, he's good and helpful 99.8% of the time, he's only ruined my race once. :)

Ah, you have a t500RS. Sweet! Let me know if you have any suggestions on the wheel setup. I have had the T500 since last December or January. I was a little confused at the calibration section.

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #173 on: July 23, 2012, 10:09:31 AM »

Ballistic, when I get home tonight I'll grab my settings and post them for you!

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #174 on: July 23, 2012, 11:20:00 AM »

Ballistic, when I get home tonight I'll grab my settings and post them for you!
Very kind of you. Thanks :)

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #175 on: July 23, 2012, 12:49:37 PM »

Week 13 events should go up today though I've been reading on the iracing forum that it is a good idea to skip official races in week 13.  So if your trying to get to 3.0 before the end of the week, be careful.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #176 on: July 23, 2012, 12:59:32 PM »

In case anyone was interested I grabbed some shots of the 4 cars I paid at least some attention to the livery / colour scheme on, it's a simple enough editor in so far as you basically pick some preset paint schemes which have 3 colours you can set and sponsor decals that have predetermined positions but it does have more depth if you play around with it some.

I wasn't feeling very creative but I did slap some grease paint on these 4 clowns..

Mazda MX-5 Roadster

Legends Ford '34 Coupe

Mazda MX-5 Cup

iRacing Street Stock

Brindle

« Reply #177 on: July 23, 2012, 01:23:43 PM »

Hey Feldynn...  Any chance you could post up your controller settings for me?

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #178 on: July 23, 2012, 02:15:30 PM »

Hey Feldynn...  Any chance you could post up your controller settings for me?

I can try :)..

For the MotionInJoy program I'm using mostly defaults except for:

In the Options tab I set the "Axis Deadzone" for the left / right sticks to 2

Left stick X:2
Left stick Y:2
Right stick X:2
Right stick Y:2

Also in the Profiles tab click ==>Options for the Playstation 3 controller", I set the "Axis Slider" to "None" (previous was "Motion Sensor - front/back (tilt)" so it was easier to calibrate but it's not strictly necessary.

In iRacing itself I have it set up just how I do for GT5, here's how I calibrated it all..

Steering Wheel:
Turn wheel fully from lock to lock = move left thumbstick all the way left and right
Turn wheel 90 degrees left = move left stick all the way left
Turn wheel 30 degrees left = move left stick all the way left
(NOTE: it might ask you to recenter the wheel, i.e. stick to center, randomly between steps)

Pedals:
Depress throttle = move right stick all the up / forward
Depress brake = move right stick all the down / backward

Gearbox:
Sequential
Upshift = R2
Downshift = L2

Other controls:
Look left = L1
Look right = R1

So far I think that's everything I did / changed, you could probably use L2 / R2 for brake and gas if you wish I just happen to prefer the control of the thumbstick and that's what I'm already used to from GT.  Hopefully that's useful and what you wanted :).

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #179 on: July 23, 2012, 02:17:53 PM »

Right now the iRacing simulator won't run on my PC when I try to test my car. I thought I did the firewall thing, maybe I should do the router firewall?  Windows message says 'iracing simulator has stopped working'. I'll have to investigate further.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 02:19:52 PM by Turbo-Tuna »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32   Go Up