SupaTunaGT

• May 02, 2024, 08:39:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Iracing  (Read 45694 times)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
Re: Iracing
« Reply #180 on: July 23, 2012, 02:46:58 PM »

Right now the iRacing simulator won't run on my PC when I try to test my car. I thought I did the firewall thing, maybe I should do the router firewall?  Windows message says 'iracing simulator has stopped working'. I'll have to investigate further.

That's what my computer would say when trying to run Portal 2 after the user created maps thing came out, except it was portal2 has stopped working. I never did get it to work, after trying all kinds of stuff. If this POS won't run Portal, i can't imagine it'll run IRacing.  :(
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 02:56:25 PM by Brindle »
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Brindle

« Reply #181 on: July 23, 2012, 02:49:37 PM »

That was perfect Feldynn thanks.  :)  Looks like the only difference between your controller and mine is I have R1/L1 for shifting and R2/L2 for looking.

Brindle

« Reply #182 on: July 23, 2012, 02:54:26 PM »

Right now the iRacing simulator won't run on my PC when I try to test my car. I thought I did the firewall thing, maybe I should do the router firewall?  Windows message says 'iracing simulator has stopped working'. I'll have to investigate further.

That's what my computer would say when trying to run Portal 2 after the user created maps thing came out, except it was portal2 has stopped working. I never did get it to work, after trying all kinds of stuff. If this POS won't run Portal, i can't imagine it'll run IRacing.  :(

That's my problem.  It runs at a good frame rate, but with absolute minimum graphics.  I'm talking a solid grey track, zero shadows, details, trees, clouds.  Everything looks sooo bland, I can't get any, and I mean any sense of movement/speed.  I am going to try again, but I don't think my PC will work without upgrades.  :(

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #183 on: July 23, 2012, 03:14:48 PM »

Fuck'em cannot get the free download or for them to return an email. They listen to what I am saying as well as Kaz.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #184 on: July 23, 2012, 03:58:23 PM »

This might sound odd or just silly but have you tried redoing the registration just in case something didn't go through right the first time, Baked?  If nothing else you should be presented with a "You've already submitted this form!" type message when you click Registration but at least it'll make sure something didn't screw up and it didn't get submitted or something I guess.

There was also a toll free number I just noticed on the Cadillac "Contact Us" page which is: 1.800.800.8881

And in case something got filed weirdly in your email (I used my Yahoo webmail one) you might could search for the sender / title, the email I got was titled and from..

Title:
Your iRacing Membership Code Courtesy of Cadillac
Sender: "iRacing.com Cadillac Cup Racing" <headquarters@cadillacpromotions.com>

I'm sure you've probably been through your email a bunch already and maybe called that number too, but just in case it's useful :).

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #185 on: July 23, 2012, 04:51:56 PM »

As soon as the registration page is pulled up it tells me I have already registered. But good new is they did get back with me and something got screwed up on their end they apologized for the inconvenience and sent a fresh code.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #186 on: July 23, 2012, 05:08:29 PM »

As soon as the registration page is pulled up it tells me I have already registered. But good new is they did get back with me and something got screwed up on their end they apologized for the inconvenience and sent a fresh code.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #187 on: July 23, 2012, 05:24:24 PM »

Also, also.. not wishing to (:spam?) the thread, but :yay !!

This afternoon I had my first completely incident free Time Trial run, did 12 laps clean laps @ Okayama in the Mazda MX5 Cup car.  New personal best lap time of 1:02.963 (first time under 1:03!) with a "Best average" of 1:03.5!  Ok so I know that's probably not all that great in the grand scheme of iRacing, and I still haven't got up the courage to try a race or even practice with real people yet, but I'm still really pleased :D.

Personal trumpet tooting over now, carry on!

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #188 on: July 23, 2012, 05:25:08 PM »

They generally have great customer service. The difference is they need you to keep paying them monthly vs haha got your $60 bucks mentality.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #189 on: July 23, 2012, 05:27:10 PM »

Cool Feldynn congrats man.

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #190 on: July 23, 2012, 07:23:16 PM »

Ballistic, here are my T500RS Settings. Just an FYI - I tried a whole bunch of settings from various users, and I'm not sure I felt too much difference from one to the other, but this is what I got used to and have stuck with, so I 'm not sure if it's the best but it's what I've got.

First go to the Thrustmaster PC Control Panel and do any updates to the firmware/software you'll see the check for update button on the bottom right  of the Test Input tab. After that go to the wheel rotation/angle on the same page and set to 900. This is a setting I wish GT5 had for the T500, but since it's only 1080 in GT I rarely use the wheel, it's a shame actually.

Next go to the Gain Settings tab. 
Overall Strength of Force - 80%
Constant - 100%
Periodic - 100%
Spring - 0%
Damper - 5%

Auto Center Setting - by the game.

I'm also using version 1.10.

Next go into the sim to set up some other settings. Once in the sim, go to options then check your steering and make sure it's all the way to the left to match the cars lock to lock.

Force Feedback should be 4.0 for strength (too much more makes the wheel shake at high speeds)
Dampening should be at 5.

If you are using the "Real Brake Mod" then set your brake force curve factor to 0. I took the real brake mod one step further and also installed a solid rubber grommet in between my brake pedal and where the pedal maxes out at; that was a great $.49 investment from Ace Hardware and from what I've read makes the brake feel close to a Load Cell setup.

I've also found it natural to map the enter/exit/tow button to my PS button on the center of the wheel.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #191 on: July 23, 2012, 07:44:33 PM »

Also, also.. not wishing to (:spam?) the thread, but !!

This afternoon I had my first completely incident free Time Trial run, did 12 laps clean laps @ Okayama in the Mazda MX5 Cup car.  New personal best lap time of 1:02.963 (first time under 1:03!) with a "Best average" of 1:03.5!  Ok so I know that's probably not all that great in the grand scheme of iRacing, and I still haven't got up the courage to try a race or even practice with real people yet, but I'm still really pleased :D.

Awesome job man! I'm not sure if you dudes are using iRacing's Ghost or Speed visual to see your pace live as you drive. I like this system way better than GT's Ghost Car as that is always in your way. The default to get this split feature is the tab key, but you can map it to your wheel. I find that I run with it on during races, qualifying, practice, time trials, etc. I love it and it helps me immediately find the best way around each track way faster than on my own.

Cheers!

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #192 on: July 23, 2012, 08:13:01 PM »

Thanks for your time spec. Working on getting my tv as second monitor now. Got monitor 1 and 2 but only getting the wallpaper on tv. No icons or web page. I am a moron with computer stuff.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #193 on: July 23, 2012, 08:22:10 PM »

Thanks for your time spec. Working on getting my tv as second monitor now. Got monitor 1 and 2 but only getting the wallpaper on tv. No icons or web page. I am a moron with computer stuff.

REK, on the monitor properties page where you see Monitor 1 & 2, there should also be an option to "duplicate" the screen.  The default option which is probably checked right now is something like "extension".

Edit:

It might look something like this....

« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 08:25:45 PM by TunaWiz »

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #194 on: July 23, 2012, 08:24:11 PM »

Also, also.. not wishing to (:spam?) the thread, but !!

Way to go.  I haven't run Okayama properly yet but that sounds fast.  I think Forgetful was running 1:02s in a race that I was watching.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32   Go Up