SupaTunaGT

• May 02, 2024, 08:05:57 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Iracing  (Read 45691 times)

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Iracing
« Reply #195 on: July 23, 2012, 08:28:31 PM »

Thanks for your time spec. Working on getting my tv as second monitor now. Got monitor 1 and 2 but only getting the wallpaper on tv. No icons or web page. I am a moron with computer stuff.

REK, on the monitor properties page where you see Monitor 1 & 2, there should also be an option to "duplicate" the screen.  The default option which is probably checked right now is something like "extension".

Edit:

It might look something like this....

I have my TV set up as the only monitor.  the laptop screen goes blank.  I figure that it can't hurt performance to only have one monitor running at once.

Edit: Please Wiz, tell me that you don't have triple monitors.  That would make me insanely jealous.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 08:30:21 PM by GoesTuna11 »

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #196 on: July 23, 2012, 08:31:27 PM »

Are you using HDMI GT11?

What are you trying to use REK?  HDMI?  VGA?

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #197 on: July 23, 2012, 08:32:46 PM »

Edit: Please Wiz, tell me that you don't have triple monitors.  That would make me insanely jealous.

No.  That was just a random pull from Google Images.

I hook up to a big screen like y'all are doing but I do it with a desktop.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #198 on: July 23, 2012, 09:40:15 PM »

Also, also.. not wishing to (:spam?) the thread, but !!

This afternoon I had my first completely incident free Time Trial run, did 12 laps clean laps @ Okayama in the Mazda MX5 Cup car.  New personal best lap time of 1:02.963 (first time under 1:03!) with a "Best average" of 1:03.5!  Ok so I know that's probably not all that great in the grand scheme of iRacing, and I still haven't got up the courage to try a race or even practice with real people yet, but I'm still really pleased :D.

Personal trumpet tooting over now, carry on!

Awesome job man! I'm not sure if you dudes are using iRacing's Ghost or Speed visual to see your pace live as you drive. I like this system way better than GT's Ghost Car as that is always in your way. The default to get this split feature is the tab key, but you can map it to your wheel. I find that I run with it on during races, qualifying, practice, time trials, etc. I love it and it helps me immediately find the best way around each track way faster than on my own.

Cheers!

Thanks :) .. I haven't been using Ghost or Speed visual or anything like that, I might have to look into them though since I do kinda miss the section split times that pop up in GT.  Still trying to get used to the tracks, physics and all that jazz though so i may wait a while so I don't overwhelm myself lol. 

Not sure how much official driving I'll be doing this week too as there don't seem to be any TTs showing up for the Week 13 races (yet?) and I'm not nearly confident enough at driving the only track I have available right now, Limerock since I don't care much for the ovals (though I'm half tempted to buy Road America, price kinda turns me off if at this stage, to try the Street Stock / Legends Ford cars on), to risk being on track with other people.

Maybe that's a sign it is a good time to tinker with more functions :).

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #199 on: July 23, 2012, 09:49:28 PM »

Are you using HDMI GT11?

Well, its not HDMI so I reckon its VGA. Its got like 15 small pins. Two rows. Just a standard old monitor plug I guess:)

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #200 on: July 23, 2012, 09:52:05 PM »

Are you using HDMI GT11?

No, I'm using DVI.  I have a really old 720p DLP that predates HDMI.

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #201 on: July 23, 2012, 11:16:14 PM »

No.  That was just a random pull from Google Images.

I hook up to a big screen like y'all are doing but I do it with a desktop.

I really, really, really, really want triple monitors.

For GT5, I would need two more ps3s, two more copies of GT5 and a monitor.
For Forza, I would need two more xboxes, two more copies of Forza4, a steering wheel, and a monitor.
For iRacing, I would need a computer and a monitor.
and then I could also use it for LFS, RFactor or any other PC sim.

a computer and a monitor sounds the most reasonable but is also likely the most expensive.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #202 on: July 24, 2012, 12:01:42 AM »

For Forza, I would need two more xboxes, two more copies of Forza4, a steering wheel, and a monitor.

a computer and a monitor sounds the most reasonable but is also likely the most expensive.

Depending on your current PC set up you might be able to do it relatively cheaply, but it does really depend on what you've already got.  If you've got a graphics card with multiple outputs then you may only need to purchase 2 extra monitors which could be as little as maybe $200 depending on where you shop (maybe less / more than that) which is about the price of one PS3.

Of course if you need newer / better tech like say a newer graphics card for the multiple outputs, then the price will start to increase though again it depends on what already you have.  If your motherboard has a PCI-E slot then you can probably get a reasonable graphics card for around $60-$80, add that to the 2 extra screens and you're still only around the $300 mark which is also still less than 2 consoles + 2 games + 1 screen.

It all just depends :).

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #203 on: July 24, 2012, 07:21:24 AM »

Depending on your current PC set up you might be able to do it relatively cheaply, but it does really depend on what you've already got.  If you've got a graphics card with multiple outputs then you may only need to purchase 2 extra monitors which could be as little as maybe $200 depending on where you shop (maybe less / more than that) which is about the price of one PS3.

Of course if you need newer / better tech like say a newer graphics card for the multiple outputs, then the price will start to increase though again it depends on what already you have.  If your motherboard has a PCI-E slot then you can probably get a reasonable graphics card for around $60-$80, add that to the 2 extra screens and you're still only around the $300 mark which is also still less than 2 consoles + 2 games + 1 screen.

It all just depends :).

I only need one more monitor.

My desktop is a 1.3GHz athlon thunderbird with a 128mb GeForce video card. I don't think it will even run iracing. I don't know if it still runs.  my laptop can barely do one screen let alone two or three although technically with thunderbolt it may be able to do three screens. It'd just be a slide show. And of course thunderbolt displays are incredibly expensive.

I figure that the computer would cost about a grand and a couple hundred for a monitor.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 07:23:15 AM by GoesTuna11 »

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #204 on: July 24, 2012, 08:45:15 AM »

OK, I think I had it correct. I only need to open a browser on laptop then drag it to the # 2 monitor/TV. I think  :laugh

Also....will this carry the sound over to the TV as well?

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #205 on: July 24, 2012, 08:59:59 AM »

Ahh yeah if you need to buy a new desktop unit then the cost is going to be more, if you want to get one that's "good enough" then you can probably find a good deal but if you want a "Bells & Whistles" type that will run all modern games on Ultra High graphics settings then it can get the cost up.  Based on my 4-year old PC specs and how it handles iRacing (though I haven't tried a race / practice with other cars on track yet) you should be able to get a reasonable $500-$700 desktop box that should work pretty well.

Speaking personally, if I had a budget to get either the Console stuff or a PC package then I'd go for the PC set up.  The main reason being it's 1 PC vs. 3 consoles, I just wouldn't feel comfortable having 3 consoles running constantly just to play one game and also when GT6 comes out if it's on the next-gen console you may even have to buy 3 new consoles just to get back to the same level.

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #206 on: July 24, 2012, 09:02:03 AM »

OK, I think I had it correct. I only need to open a browser on laptop then drag it to the # 2 monitor/TV. I think  :laugh

VGA only does video. I hook headphones up to my laptop but with the correct cables you could connect it to a tv.

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #207 on: July 24, 2012, 10:40:37 AM »

VGA only does video. I hook headphones up to my laptop but with the correct cables you could connect it to a tv.

Roger that! I will give it all a go again this evening. If I fail and/or the laptop just wont cut it then it's program delete time. I will just stay with GT5 :)

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #208 on: July 24, 2012, 10:43:31 AM »

Roger that! I will give it all a go again this evening. If I fail and/or the laptop just wont cut it then it's program delete time. I will just stay with GT5 :)
One more thing and I will leave you guys alone. My TV is 120hz and the loptop is putting out 60hz to TV. Does that sound right?

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #209 on: July 24, 2012, 07:14:43 PM »

The Nascar Championship is on live right now

http://www.iracing.com/live/
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32   Go Up