• May 02, 2024, 01:11:26 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Iracing  (Read 45704 times)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Iracing
« Reply #255 on: July 28, 2012, 02:40:42 PM »

I did a bit of reading on the forum and support docs, after watching my saved replay again I decided to put in a protest "for the sake of the community".  It wasn't just a tap on the back corner coming out of a turn or some other little "racing incident" type of contact, it was more like an "I'll teach you to slow me down you backmarker!" frustrated bitchslap on an open straight.

Turns out filing a protest is dead easy (now?), basically you just send an email using a simple template they have in the Sporting Code docs and attach replays / screenshots as necessary then wait and see what happens.  Probably not much more on my end since I was just a witness to the event, but at least it's out there and hopefully will make some of these loons think a bit more come the next Week 13.

I'm probably still going to try some race a couple of times in the last of the Week 13 Mazda Cup races basically to get some track experience since the last 2 tracks don't look bad.  Looking forward to the whatever comes up next season too, hopefully I'll be eligible for some of the Pontiac Solstice and maybe Spec Race Ford stuff (wouldn't mind doing Legends Ford or Street Stock on road tracks either!).
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 02:51:44 PM by Feldynn »

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #256 on: July 28, 2012, 04:49:43 PM »

You guys are stuck in the rookie series. There are noobs who have no intention of renewing and advancing. Once you get to class d everything changes. I really recommend the mustang series. Iracing takes swearing very seriously so don't do it on the mic. They will suspend you or ban you for driving like a dick. If its obvious, report it. However it gets much better as you advance.

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #257 on: July 28, 2012, 05:24:36 PM »

You guys are stuck in the rookie series. There are noobs who have no intention of renewing and advancing. Once you get to class d everything changes. I really recommend the mustang series. Iracing takes swearing very seriously so don't do it on the mic. They will suspend you or ban you for driving like a dick. If its obvious, report it. However it gets much better as you advance.

I love the Stang too! It's most likely what I'll end up running a full series in. It's just fun....plus the community in Season 1 was awesome.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #258 on: July 28, 2012, 09:39:54 PM »

That Mustang does look like something I might be interested in in the future depending on the total cost (car + tracks for the series), I was actually looking at the VW Jetta too since I like the lower power end of the the spectrum but I guess it really depends on what races / series are coming and what I'll be eligible for when they arrive.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #259 on: July 29, 2012, 12:44:10 PM »

Question about Grid starts.

When you start on the grid how does it work?  I mean do you have to hold the brake to avoid getting a False Start penalty or can you sit in Neutral revving and pop it into 1st gear when the light goes green? 

I've done a couple more races in the MX-5 but I'm still starting from the pits so I got to thinking about trying a grid start, but since I'm using a PS3 controller right now I don't have the option to brake / gas at the same time and I don't want to cause problems being a slow starter (i.e. cause a wreck by pulling away too slow).

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #260 on: July 29, 2012, 02:27:08 PM »

Question about Grid starts.

When you start on the grid how does it work?  I mean do you have to hold the brake to avoid getting a False Start penalty or can you sit in Neutral revving and pop it into 1st gear when the light goes green? 

I've done a couple more races in the MX-5 but I'm still starting from the pits so I got to thinking about trying a grid start, but since I'm using a PS3 controller right now I don't have the option to brake / gas at the same time and I don't want to cause problems being a slow starter (i.e. cause a wreck by pulling away too slow).

I don't know the best way and I don't get great starts.  I rev the engine a little in neutral and then shift into first when the lights go green.  I didn't need to press the brake at least not at laguna seca.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #261 on: July 29, 2012, 05:25:21 PM »

Thanks GT11, that's exactly what I wanted to know :).

EDIT:  Tried one tonight at the last Okayama race of the day, started in 6th (with a bit too much wheel spin off the line, haha) and finished in 4th.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 06:33:44 PM by Feldynn »

Brindle

« Reply #262 on: July 30, 2012, 01:59:50 PM »

Just a heads up for the people who will/do not want to renew, or have already deleted the game.  In the receipt email, it says that the subscription will "automatically renew" after six months if the account is not cancelled.  If you payed by PayPal however, it will NOT be renewed, but any other form of payment will renew automatically.

Here is the section of the email...

"A six month subscription to the service. Subscription will automatically renew unless you either created your account using PayPal or you cancel your membership in the My Account section of the website. Includes the cars and the tracks used by the Rookie Oval series and the Rookie Road Racing series."

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #263 on: July 30, 2012, 05:21:22 PM »

New season is up boys.  8)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #264 on: July 30, 2012, 05:41:21 PM »

New season is up boys.  8)

Huzzah I got promoted to Class D!

Zoinks  :o, I'm eligible for a metric crap ton of stuff now! 

Some of the series have tracks I'll need if I want to compete in every week but I'm certainly spoilt for choice even if I stick which what I already own, not too sure where to begin.. probably sticking with the Mazda MX-5s but I might try the Pontiac Solstice in the inRacingNews Challenge or the iRacing Grand Touring Cup.

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #265 on: July 30, 2012, 10:56:34 PM »

I think that I'll start off with inRacingNews not sure if I'll go solstice or mx-5.  I may switch over to the SRF series in week 4 when they start using tracks that I already have.

Metal

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • LeMans & F1 :P
    • HUGS Gaming Community
« Reply #266 on: July 30, 2012, 11:51:34 PM »

I think that I'll start off with inRacingNews not sure if I'll go solstice or mx-5.  I may switch over to the SRF series in week 4 when they start using tracks that I already have.

Stick with the MX-5...that solstice is a giant hunk of crap lol

Is this thing on?
my gt profile: http://www.mygranturismo.net/33187
Youtube Channel: http://youtube.com/powermettle1520

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #267 on: July 31, 2012, 07:25:19 AM »

Stick with the MX-5...that solstice is a giant hunk of crap lol

Have you tried the solstice after the last update?  Apparently it has the new tire model now.

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #268 on: July 31, 2012, 08:59:48 AM »

I've always dug the Solstice, but after the update it's even more forgiving.

One car I've never been able to wrap my head around is the SRF, maybe I'll give it another shot after the update. I'll most likely do te full season in the Stang again. I love that car!

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #269 on: July 31, 2012, 03:39:07 PM »

I've always dug the Solstice, but after the update it's even more forgiving.

One car I've never been able to wrap my head around is the SRF, maybe I'll give it another shot after the update. I'll most likely do te full season in the Stang again. I love that car!

Drove the HPD last night for the first time. That multiclass race with the HPD, vette, and ford gt is a blast
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32   Go Up