SupaTunaGT

• May 02, 2024, 08:15:25 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Iracing  (Read 45691 times)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Iracing
« Reply #270 on: July 31, 2012, 05:51:16 PM »

I had a quick buzz around Okayama Short offline in the Solstice a few minutes ago and I have to say I rather like it!  Couldn't quite match my best MX-5 lap time in the quick 10 minutes I tooled around in it but it felt a whole lot less finicky to drive, I didn't drive it with the old tire model / pre patch set up either so I don't have anything to compare it to there but I'm definitely looking forward to driving it in the inRNC!

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #271 on: August 02, 2012, 07:07:41 PM »

Do any of you guys use skype? If so add me lr-mr-lonestar.

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #272 on: August 05, 2012, 08:26:30 AM »

Here is a link to upload/download custom paints in iracing

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1452036.page

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #273 on: August 07, 2012, 05:25:48 PM »

Dropped into the iRacing Grand Touring Cup for a race tonight, came in 9th on track but 1st (of 6) in class Solstice.  Yay me :), sadly I don't have nearly enough tracks to run the whole series so I'll only be a drop in for the handful of tracks I do have but still it was fun!

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #274 on: August 13, 2012, 06:34:09 PM »

Not wishing to be out done by Wizard's fun liveries in Project Cars I took it upon myself to pick up the proverbial Gauntlet and spend the afternoon throwing together an iRacing livery.. nothing fancy mind, but here it is, presenting:

The iRacing TUNACO Street Stock car!  Sponsorted by Tunaco Oil and Fuel, SupaTuna GT and Feldstein Shocks :).

Haven't tried any oval racing yet and it's not like anyone else would actually see it on track unless I upload it to TradingPaint and they happen to download it, but yeah.. there it is, first attempt at a custom livery :).  Special shout out to Chrome for the original STGT / Fish logo!

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #275 on: August 13, 2012, 06:44:13 PM »

:worship

That's awesome Feldynn!  I love what you did with the Tunaco fish!

How is it done in iRacing?  Are there templates to download and then you can play with them in photoshop?

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #276 on: August 13, 2012, 07:05:42 PM »

Nicely done Feldynn.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #277 on: August 13, 2012, 07:22:35 PM »

That's awesome Feldynn!  I love what you did with the Tunaco fish!

How is it done in iRacing?  Are there templates to download and then you can play with them in photoshop?

Thanks :), Lonestar posted a link a couple of posts up that'll take you to the iRacing forum with a guide and links on how to get started.  Basically you sign up on www.tradingpaint.com with your iRacing Customer ID number and you can download templates and other creators liveries.

Yes they are template files (they have screen / mask layers or something that you can't edit to show the shape of the car) and yes you can play with them in Photoshop, this one I did I used Photoshop Elements.

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #278 on: August 13, 2012, 08:35:23 PM »

Trading Paints is simple. Mine downloads all the new paints that have been uploaded everytime I start. Just make sure to only select the cars you actually race so you dont download paints you will never see.

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #279 on: August 13, 2012, 08:44:25 PM »

The car looks great man!!

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #280 on: August 13, 2012, 09:29:00 PM »

Trading Paints is simple. Mine downloads all the new paints that have been uploaded everytime I start. Just make sure to only select the cars you actually race so you dont download paints you will never see.

That's one part I haven't gotten around to actually doing yet, I keep meaning to download stuff as I see the occasional "suspiciously bland" car in default primer white going around the track sometimes but I always forget.

Also Wiz regarding the templates and Photoshop.  Each template has a bunch of grouped layers in it including an obnoxiously large iRacing copyright logo, the version of Elements I have doesn't support those grouped layers so I get stuck with two basic layers with the logo blocking part of one.  I ended up downloading a separate Street Stock template without the logo before I found out what to do.

If what you use also doesn't support the grouped layers properly you have to open it in a different program that does support the layers then you can remove the logo and resave it.  Haven't tried this yet myself but apparently GIMP works and is free.

Oh and with the numbers and stuff you have to leave space for them as the game pulls them from the online paint settings, my Street Stock car was already in a very similar blue / white livery (I think I was using the Peak Performance decals / colours) so it kind of matched by luck.  Helps to have a short replay saved to "check your work", I had a heck of a time lining the stripes up down over the hood and front of the car lol.

Addendum
Ok I downloaded GIMP and opened up one of the templates, DAMN wish I'd done that sooner!  It's got a crapton of layers including a wire mesh framework overlay for the 3D model which can help with decal placement, "no paint" zones where the numbers are placed, it's also got all the original online paint schemes as layers so you can modify and use them too if you want.  I'm not too familiar with GIMP as a package though so I'll have to ungroup the layers and resave so it'll work right in Photoshop (I figured that much out at least haha!).

Might have to start drawing up some silly fictional and generic sponsor decals to go along with "Tunaco Oil and Fuel" and "Feldstein Shocks".. of course I say drawing up but I actually mean mercilessly plundering the interweb for all manner of clipart and other images to cut / paste together :D.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 10:22:18 PM by Feldynn »

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #281 on: August 14, 2012, 06:01:26 AM »

That's pretty much how it works for pCARS too.  Wire mesh overlay, layers, etc.

I use paint.net.  It's not quite as powerful as GIMP but it's a lot easier to work with in my opinion.  Like GIMP, it's also free.  I had to download a plugin for paint.net to work with the format that pCARS uses but that only took about 30 seconds to find and install so no biggie there.

It's another (free) option so you may want to check it out.  http://www.getpaint.net/

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #282 on: August 15, 2012, 06:02:38 PM »

There will be a hosted session with Base Content and other GT friends. If you aren't busy tonight come over to the dark side and do some racing! I believe the session starts at 9:00. Sorry also for the late notice, I just learned about it myself.

Here is the link: http://www.driversports.org/t229-driversports-mx-5-challenge-wed-aug-15-mx-5-cup-summit-point-short

8)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #283 on: August 15, 2012, 06:08:31 PM »

There will be a hosted session with Base Content and other GT friends. If you aren't busy tonight come over to the dark side and do some racing! I believe the session starts at 9:00. Sorry also for the late notice, I just learned about it myself.

Here is the link: http://www.driversports.org/t229-driversports-mx-5-challenge-wed-aug-15-mx-5-cup-summit-point-short

8)

I can't make it, but please introduce me to Tina.  ^-^

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #284 on: August 17, 2012, 06:38:25 PM »

I've decided that to date I've only found one track I really detest, I'm not a big fan of Jefferson Reverse because it's so short / small and tight which makes passing almost impossible (for me) but it's become kind of bearable.  The one I really can't stand is the Charlotte Motorspeedway Road Course, such a twitchy and bobbly infield it feels like you have to slow down to like 30mph or less just to avoid spinning out until you get back to the oval part.

It's one saving grace comes from the race I had there tonight, started in the pits to avoid any Turn 1 heroics and tiptoed my way past the slow cars and dust / smoke clouds.  Got an unexpected safety rating boost up to 4.45 which in turn promoted me to a Grade C license.. thanks Charlotte Motor Speedway Road Course :D.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32   Go Up