SupaTunaGT

• May 02, 2024, 09:50:25 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Iracing  (Read 45697 times)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Iracing
« Reply #285 on: August 18, 2012, 12:40:29 PM »

After discovering all the layers in the official template files and putting together some of the fake sponsor logos I decided to revisit the Tunaco Street Stock car and smarten it up a bit.

So here is the iRacing "SupaTuna GT" Street Stock car V2: sponsored by Tunaco Oil and Fuel, Feldstein Shocks and BigRek Towing Services!

I haven't uploaded this to TradingPaint.com yet, not sure if I will or not since I haven't done any oval racing yet but I might (I wish they'd do official road series with those cars too!), so if anyone wants it or an alternative colour scheme just let me know :).

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #286 on: August 18, 2012, 01:59:59 PM »

What is the file type used for these iRacing liveries?  .dds?  .tga?

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #287 on: August 18, 2012, 02:44:31 PM »

Damn fine job Feldynn. :tu
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #288 on: August 18, 2012, 02:48:29 PM »

What is the file type used for these iRacing liveries?  .dds?  .tga?

It's .tga and you must save it with RLE compression, also if I remember right it's got to be a 1024x1024 square image too but the downloadable templates all come at the correct size.  You also need to name it using your iRacing Customer ID (e.g. 12345.tga) so it knows which driver to apply it to, so if you're like me you'll probably end up with a "current" file with your ID number and a copy with a proper name (and a .psd file, and.. and..) :).

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #289 on: August 20, 2012, 03:32:17 PM »

Looks great Feldynn. What a nice touch on the back of the spoiler.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #290 on: August 20, 2012, 11:22:37 PM »

So I've been working on another one, not very imaginative since I used the same colour scheme as the Street Stock livery as well as a lot of other style elements and it's hard to really find places for the extra sponsor logos on such a small car but here's a quick set of snapshots combined into one easy-to-view image :).

Presenting the "SupaTuna GT" Mazda MX-5 Cup car:  sponsored by Tunaco Oil and Fuel, Big Rek Towing Services and Feldstein Shocks (again lol)

I just hopped on a track quick that didn't have the greatest camera angles, or I just don't know where they are yet since it's all fixed stuff that I haven't figured out the positions for yet, and so far as I know there's no "manual camera" option like in GT.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #291 on: August 21, 2012, 06:00:51 AM »

and so far as I know there's no "manual camera" option like in GT.

I found this...

"For your screenshots, use Ctrl+F12 and then Ctrl+z"

It sounds like CtrlF12 puts you in some sort of "camera mode" and then the CtrlZ allows you to free roam with the mouse.

Also, that MX-5 looks awesome!

Also also, you should check out a program called Fraps.  It's how I took the movies and screenshots for pcars.  Once fraps is loaded, all you have to do to take a screenshot is press F10 and it'll automagically save the shots in the preselected folder.  It super easy to use.

Fraps can be found here - http://fraps.com/
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 06:02:29 AM by TunaWiz »

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #292 on: August 21, 2012, 06:48:00 AM »

I found this...

Fraps can be found here - http://fraps.com/
Good info Wizard. PC is out for delivery today. I will have a BigRek dedicated computer :) I want to try this stuff out also. Maybe in 6 months to a year I can make a cool cars car like you guys.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #293 on: August 21, 2012, 07:54:59 AM »

I found this...

"For your screenshots, use Ctrl+F12 and then Ctrl+z"

It sounds like CtrlF12 puts you in some sort of "camera mode" and then the CtrlZ allows you to free roam with the mouse.

Thanks Wiz that's perfect!  Had a quick check and that free roam mode (once I realised it was moving forwards / backwards and not just zooming in / out.. doh!) is exactly what I was looking for, on the MX-5 at least some of the Chase cameras are just at the wrong angle for taking decent pictures and on some tracks the TV cameras were too far away or didn't zoom in enough lol.

Also I think I looked at FRAPS not long ago and something turned me off it initially, I forget what but there was something I thought a bit off putting with the free download version (might have been missing features or something, I don't see it on the website you linked though).  What I've been using is a program called XFire, something I picked up a long time ago that does video and screenshots too but it's a sort of weird super messenger program as well, might take a 2nth look at FRAPS now though.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #294 on: August 21, 2012, 08:01:02 AM »

Also I think I looked at FRAPS not long ago and something turned me off it initially, I forget what but there was something I thought a bit off putting with the free download version (might have been missing features or something, I don't see it on the website you linked though).  What I've been using is a program called XFire, something I picked up a long time ago that does video and screenshots too but it's a sort of weird super messenger program as well, might take a 2nth look at FRAPS now though.

The free Fraps only records video for 30 seconds.  As far as I know, that's the only limitation compared to the full/paid version.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #295 on: August 22, 2012, 01:50:13 PM »

The free Fraps only records video for 30 seconds.  As far as I know, that's the only limitation compared to the full/paid version.

I figured out what it was that turned me off before :).. free users can only save screenshots as .bmp files (other options are blocked), Xfire saves as .png which works out about half the size (3.7mb BMP file vs. 1.6mb PNG file) but it's not really a huge deal so I'll probably stick with FRAPS for now.  Mostly because it doesn't require me to log in to a sort of Instant Messenger program to save and upload stuff to your online account automagically, which I have zero interest in, like Xfire does.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #296 on: August 22, 2012, 05:27:13 PM »

So I tinkered with the MX-5 scheme today, added a bit of drop shadow effect to the blueish areas and logos in them and took some better pics thanks to Wiz's camera tips :).

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #297 on: August 22, 2012, 05:42:20 PM »

Damn Feldynn that's looking great!  :)

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #298 on: August 23, 2012, 05:57:07 PM »

MX-5 looks supa sick Feldynn!

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #299 on: August 24, 2012, 12:12:23 AM »

Thanks guys :).  I'm really pleased with how the MX-5 turned out, I keep looking back at the Street Stock and seeing small things I want to adjust but that Mazda feels like it's complete.  While I haven't revisted the SS yet I did hop out on track to run a TT in the Legends Ford and discovered 2 things:

1rd - I don't like small oval tracks, not the biggest fan of large ones but I really dislike the small ones!
2th - Trying to get any kind of pattern to line up across different body panels SUCKS ARSE!!

But I forged ahead and through together this little, thing..

Presenting the "GeFeld-A-Fish Performance" Legends Ford:  sponsored by GAF Performance, Feldstein Shocks, BigREK Towing and SupaTuna GT!

« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 12:14:00 AM by Feldynn »

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32   Go Up