SupaTunaGT

• May 02, 2024, 11:33:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Iracing  (Read 45701 times)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Iracing
« Reply #315 on: August 28, 2012, 11:08:56 AM »

Ok so I seem to spend more time in Photoshop than I do on track these days, threw together this together using the colours I'm currently running on my DUPONT-iac Solstice right now.  Another Tunaco / STGT scheme for your amusement :).

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #316 on: August 28, 2012, 02:04:06 PM »

Nicely done ...  :)

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #317 on: August 28, 2012, 04:35:45 PM »

Would like to be able to do that kind of livery! Very nice work Feldynn!

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #318 on: August 31, 2012, 09:54:54 AM »

I bought in on that deal for 2 years and literally haven't touched this game since.

Too many games, too little time.   :(

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #319 on: August 31, 2012, 11:14:39 AM »

I bought in on that deal for 2 years and literally haven't touched this game since.

Also I know exactly how you feel Wiz :), fortunately I don't have a PC that can run pCars but my wife and I just recently picked up a couple of online RPG games we've been playing together again, between those and the regular Tuna Evnets I'm barely finding time to do keep up with the two iRacing series I've been running in.. the Mazda Cup (AKA Nvidia Cup) and inRacingNews Challenge.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #320 on: August 31, 2012, 12:04:45 PM »

I'm in the same boat.  Haven't played in ages.  But I haven't been playing other games.  haven't had time.  I put in a couple of hours trying to get dirt 3 to work properly and ran a few races but that's been about it over the last few weeks.

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #321 on: September 29, 2012, 09:48:36 AM »

For anyone who has iRacing and wants to upgrade your computer or get a new cockpit.  If you run 10 races this season with Main Performance PC as your primary sponsor, you are entered into a contest to win the new Obutto cockpit and a gaming computer.  The new Obutto cockpit looks pretty cool.  I thought that there was an Nvidia contest is well but I can't confirm that.  For that one, if you run 10 races this season with Nvidia as your primary sponsor, you are entered to win a Nvidia GTX670 video card.

I ran two races last night in the Mazda Roadster at LimeRock park and got my butt handed to me.  Somehow I ended up in the highest split for both races but I had the lowest iRating in my split.  First race, I started midpack because I actually did a qualifying session.  Most cars passed me in the first few laps.  Other than that, I didn't have a bad race until I tried to pass a couple of cars who were going quite slowly (must have been in an accident).  I got clipped by the second one and ended up crashing and had to pit for repairs.  I never pitted before and didn't realize that the default was to fill up with gas and change tires when you pit so the pitstop really put me back.  Serves me right, I really didn't give the guy much room when I passed.  Second race, I lost control on the uphill section on one of the early laps and had to pit.  Spent the rest of the race a lap down.

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #322 on: October 01, 2012, 12:31:15 PM »

The Spec Racer Ford series is at Mosport this week.  I'm going to give it a shot.

Ran the MX5 at Limerock park again.  I lost a fair bit of irating in my last two races so this time I made it into the second split.  Started 9st and gained a couple spots on the first lap.  Second lap (out of 20), I got rear-ended and knocked off the track going into turn 1.  The guy apologized but said I braked much earlier than he expected.  I was right on the tail of the guy in front of my so I'm not sure when he expected me to brake.  Anyway I'm back in second last at that point.  I do lap after lap with the gap to the car in front of me about the same but I slowly climb up the ladder and ended up finishing 3nd.  A podium finish and I didn't pass anyone on the track after I got pushed off.  I heard a lot of complaining about bad driving on the comms.  One or two guys were pushing people off the track for me.  Seems that I'm either in good clean races that everyone is faster than me or in races where people can't stay on the track.

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #323 on: October 06, 2012, 12:23:19 PM »

I just can't put the seat time in to get ready to race.  I've got my times in the SRF down to the point where they are in the "good" range (5% off of pole) but consistency is an issue.  Mosport is a fast track and unforgiving in many places.  Turn 2 is a high speed corner where if you go just a little too fast and put a wheel in the dirt, you'll quickly find yourself sliding through the grass and hitting the wall.  Damage is usually bad enough that you need a tow to get back to the pits then need to spend time for repairs.  I'm probably going to stay with the nVidia cup for a while since they cycle through the same two tracks.

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #324 on: October 18, 2012, 06:10:07 PM »

Iracing has a half off deal for new memberships: www.iracing.com/half-off/

I picked up the Mustang last night as well as a few tracks (Spa, Brands Hatch, Road Atlanta, Daytona, Silverstone, and Watkins Glen).  Looking forward to trying out the mustang next season.  Spa is pretty impressive.  I don't recognize much of Silverstone even after racing it in Ferrari Challenge and Forza.

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #325 on: October 18, 2012, 06:52:48 PM »

I am officially getting my b license. The mustangs are fun but you(I) have to run a loose ass car to run good times. Time to run the Vettes, HPD, and Riley

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #326 on: October 18, 2012, 08:32:57 PM »

I am officially getting my b license. The mustangs are fun but you(I) have to run a loose ass car to run good times. Time to run the Vettes, HPD, and Riley

I should have my b license by the end of the season. Just have to run four time trials in the mustang at silverstone.

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #327 on: October 19, 2012, 07:39:05 PM »

add me on skype if u got it. A few of us are on usually during the week just running random stuff.

lr_lonestar

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #328 on: December 20, 2012, 10:35:09 AM »

Let me clean up the dust in here really quick.  :-[

Just in case anyone still has their subscription to iRacing, some GT friends over at DriverSport are going to be hosting an event on the 23st. It would be cool to share the track again. I hope to make it, and it would be great to see some fish on the track.  8)

Welcome back for a holiday edition of DriverSports League Racing. We would like to extend an invitation to anyone who would like to join us for this festive occasion.

DriverSports will be hosting a 2 hour event on Sunday Dec 23 at the Summit Point Raceway facility starting at 8:30 EST. The event will consist of a 60 minute practice session, a 15 minute open qualifier, followed by a 45 minute race. To keep things as enjoyable as possible the rule format will be as follows: Rolling start, unlimited quick repair/tows, with tuning allowed. You will need to have joined the session before qualifying ends (9:45 EST) to be eligible to race. The car of choice will be the Pontiac Solstice for its mild mannered handling. Feel free to repost this in your preferred forum if you would like.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #329 on: December 20, 2012, 10:47:01 AM »

Let me clean up the dust in here really quick.  :-[

Just in case anyone still has their subscription to iRacing, some GT friends over at DriverSport are going to be hosting an event on the 23st. It would be cool to share the track again. I hope to make it, and it would be great to see some fish on the track.  8)

Welcome back for a holiday edition of DriverSports League Racing. We would like to extend an invitation to anyone who would like to join us for this festive occasion.

DriverSports will be hosting a 2 hour event on Sunday Dec 23 at the Summit Point Raceway facility starting at 8:30 EST. The event will consist of a 60 minute practice session, a 15 minute open qualifier, followed by a 45 minute race. To keep things as enjoyable as possible the rule format will be as follows: Rolling start, unlimited quick repair/tows, with tuning allowed. You will need to have joined the session before qualifying ends (9:45 EST) to be eligible to race. The car of choice will be the Pontiac Solstice for its mild mannered handling. Feel free to repost this in your preferred forum if you would like.

You forgot the link you dolt.  :laugh http://www.driversports.org/
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32   Go Up