SupaTunaGT

• May 02, 2024, 03:58:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Iracing  (Read 45710 times)

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
Re: Iracing
« Reply #330 on: December 20, 2012, 10:48:32 AM »

Meh.....details.  :)

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #331 on: December 20, 2012, 12:41:47 PM »

Forgot to mention that being a league event, you'll need to be a DriverSports league member (in iRacing) before trying to get into the practice.

Here is the link to the discussion over on the DS site. http://www.driversports.org/t247-driversports-holiday-hoopla-sun-dec-23-pontiac-solstice-summit-point-raceway#8735

Merry Christmas gentlemen!  :-*

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #332 on: December 20, 2012, 04:45:15 PM »

I still have two years left on my subscription.  Unfortunately I don't get out as much as I'd like.  The event sounds like fun but not at a good time for me.  Usually I have to wait for the kids to go to bed but 5:30pst is particularly bad this week.  The Seahawks/49ers game is on at that time.

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #333 on: December 21, 2012, 08:11:24 AM »

Bummer! Yeah, I'd love to commit 100% to the evnet too, but being the 23rd it will be a game time decision.

Also, for any of those who do find the time and want to join here are the iRacing league directions: Just search for 'DriverSports.org' in the iRacing league directory and click the Join link before the event.

Hope to see you out there (if I make it).
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 08:12:55 AM by Tuna_Girls_n1cup »

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #334 on: December 26, 2012, 09:05:51 AM »

Is that the tunerspit Iracing webpage?

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #335 on: December 26, 2012, 12:58:38 PM »

Nope, it's Forgetful and Clacksman who broke away from Tuners Pit a while back, plus some of the other guys. We had fun, but it would have been more fun with a couple more attendees. I'll keep posting hosted and tournament sessions here in case anyone is interested in future events.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #336 on: December 27, 2012, 10:23:04 AM »

Seminar coming to Dallas in March (6th - 8th):

http://irace4life.org/page14/
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #337 on: January 01, 2013, 05:12:36 PM »

Got the Mclaren today. Pretty bad ass car

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #338 on: January 02, 2013, 10:24:12 AM »

Ran my first oval race last night.  That was a bit of an experience.  I swear some of the guys were purposefully trying to cause accidents.  One guy decided to do donuts on the second last lap of the race.  Anyway, I started the race 17nd out of 17 cars.  I ended up finishing 4rd.  I only made 1 or 2 good passes all race and ended up as the only car not to get any incidents.  I only gained like 0.14 SR on that race.  Much harder to gain SR than on the road courses.  Triple screens sure was helpful to avoid accidents.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #339 on: January 02, 2013, 01:27:16 PM »

Sadly that's the way with the rookie oval races, I tried a few Street Stock at Charlotte last time I did any and it's more an exercise in accident avoidance than it is actual racing.  I've heard it's better once you get out of the Rookie league but I don't really care much for oval racing myself so I only did a handful in the rookies and hadn't tried any since I was promoted to Class D.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #340 on: January 02, 2013, 03:56:47 PM »

I've never done an oval race in iRacing. I just can't seem to find the interest. Call me a road racing snob I guess. I'm sure I'm missing out on something great as there is so much participation on the oval side. Maybe I'll give it a shot in 2013.  ;D

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #341 on: January 02, 2013, 07:49:39 PM »

The class C Nascar trucks seem to be the favorite. Fun to drive and I havent seen anyone drive like an ahole. In rookie you run into the people who have no intention of playing after their trial.

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #342 on: January 02, 2013, 11:56:15 PM »

Sorry guys, I entered this and was going to post it here but I forgot: http://www.speedtv.com/feature/asrealasitgets
There is a phase II; I think the prize for that is an ultrabook.

I have a 3 month free subscription to iRacing for someone who wants it and will use it.  It's for new members.

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #343 on: January 03, 2013, 04:40:37 PM »

I've never done an oval race in iRacing. I just can't seem to find the interest. Call me a road racing snob I guess. I'm sure I'm missing out on something great as there is so much participation on the oval side. Maybe I'll give it a shot in 2013.  ;D

I can't say that I had much interest in oval racing.  I generally hate it in GT and suck at it.  But there isn't much this week on in iRacing that I don't have to buy a track for.  I also thought that oval racing would show the benefit of having triple screens (which it does).

Had an awful race last night.  Started at the back and slowly started to work myself up.  I was passing one guy who was really taking a high line.  I'm not sure if he decided at the last minute to pit but he came smashing down into me, totalling my car.  That's the first time that I've had to be towed to the pits in iracing.  I was pretty pissed off and unfortunately sped through the pits and got black flagged.  So I pitted again.  I was sitting in the pits and my crew starts changing my tires.  I forgot that the stupid pit strategy resets itself after going to the pit (I always turn off tire change and fuel to start a race).  I thought that at least I wouldn't lose much time from fueling since I had only had done a few laps.  Boy was I wrong.  Spent probably a good minute waiting for my penalty to be served (it was a 15s penalty).  Apparently you don't start with a full tank.  I went on a tear after that passing anyone that I could get close to.  I'm sure it pissed off some people that a car many laps down was racing.  I made several good passes without incident but ended up 8 laps down on a 40lap race.  I still managed to gain some SR but hate to think what the race did to my irating.

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #344 on: January 04, 2013, 11:48:32 AM »

First turn mayhem at USA.  Made it through without a scratch.  Started 17st finished 4rd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntb9RpBQ3N4&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32   Go Up