SupaTunaGT

• May 02, 2024, 04:16:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Iracing  (Read 45712 times)

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
Re: Iracing
« Reply #345 on: January 04, 2013, 12:48:25 PM »

First turn mayhem at USA.  Made it through without a scratch.  Started 17st finished 4rd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntb9RpBQ3N4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Thats awesome

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #346 on: January 04, 2013, 12:55:22 PM »

First turn mayhem at USA.  Made it through without a scratch.  Started 17st finished 4rd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntb9RpBQ3N4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Thats awesome

:stoopid: Love the car just flying through the air

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #347 on: January 06, 2013, 12:19:48 AM »

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #348 on: January 06, 2013, 02:47:20 AM »

More FOV goodness can be found here - http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/93-Setting-up-your-rFactor-FOV-Tutorial?p=311&viewfull=1#post311

The main point of the article is this calculator found here - http://ostermiller.org/calc/triangle.html
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 02:49:13 AM by TunaWiz »

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #349 on: January 09, 2013, 10:35:42 AM »

I tried oval racing last night at Charlotte.  Much different than the other rookie street stock track.  USA was a very small oval.  Charlotte is a large oval with high banking sides.  In my first couple of practice sessions, I was almost a second off pace.  Kind of worried me but I joined a race anyway.  In warmup I was following another car through the corners and noticed that he was keeping his foot down so I tried keeping my foot down and just turned in more.  Turns out that the street stock cars really like that extra slip angle.  Anyway, you can keep the car floored for the entire track.  Drafting was stronger than at USA, probably because of the higher speeds and longer straights.  Not a crazy draft like GT but it felt right.  Even with the bigger track, there were still lots of incidents.  People had trouble keeping their lines around the corners.  Some looked like they were purposely trying to block.  The thing that I like about oval racing is that it doesn't take much practice.  You can get into races quickly.  I've done more practice with the mustang at Atlanta than the street stock but I still don't feel comfortable enough to race yet.

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #350 on: January 15, 2013, 10:12:30 PM »

Racing guys, listen up!

I just scheduled to host a practice race on this Thursday night before the Roar. I'm really excited about being able to compete in this race on Friday as my schedule never lets me enter races on the weekend's.

So...let's have a practice race to get familiar with the cars in race trim to see how they handle for the full 60 minutes! The room opens at 8:00 and will have a 40 minute practice, 20 minute qualifier, and of course a 60 minute race. The race will start at 9:00, just like the real race on Friday.

The name of the event is: Roar before the Roar
The password to get in is: clean-racing-only

I've reserved the spot for 43 cars so there should be plenty of spots. If you have some friends that may want to join us and are good, clean drivers give them the name and password to join.

I still haven't decided what car to race yet, but I'm leaning toward the Stang, also the VW looks interesting....but I love MX-5's too. Shit..I guess I'll have to figure that part out tomorrow night. :D

Hope to see some of you guys out there!

PS: This is my first time hosting a race, so go easy on me if I goofed up on the room specs.

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #351 on: January 16, 2013, 12:56:48 AM »

That's a great idea.  Unfortunately, that is a particularly bad time for me.  My wife will be at her flamenco lessons which means that I'm alone with the kids.  I'll be doing the race on Saturday.  I have permission for that.

I'm wondering how the tires are going to last to the end of the race.  My tires are close to shot by the end of the 12 lap mustang challenge race.  Are we allowed to pit?  I've broken into the 2:07s so I'm only a few seconds off the top times.  Which is pretty good for me.

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #352 on: January 16, 2013, 06:27:36 AM »

Bummer! I'm usually the one who has the scheduling conflicts. LOL.

You can pit, but I don't think people will be pitting. I think it will be a one hour sprint.

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #353 on: January 16, 2013, 09:37:39 AM »

Bummer! I'm usually the one who has the scheduling conflicts. LOL.

You can pit, but I don't think people will be pitting. I think it will be a one hour sprint.

Now that I'm on the West coast, I can't really get out until midnight eastern.  That's what I like about iracing.  I can always find someone to race with on a weekday evening.  I got to race with Forgetful the other day in the mustangs at drc.  He wasn't very sporting.  He just took off from the start and wasn't seen from again.  One problem with DRC in the mustangs is that it isn't very competitive.  For most of the race, the car ahead of me was 10s ahead and the car behind was 10 behind.

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #354 on: January 16, 2013, 02:17:32 PM »

I'm really looking forward to this race.  43 cars on the track at once.  Should be a lot of fun.  Could be disaster for the old SR.

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #355 on: January 16, 2013, 03:42:37 PM »

You should probably pick the car you plan on running in the real event for your practice. I am pretty sure in hosted rooms anyone who joins has to own all three cars.

Also there are a couple web pages that have the administration commands listed. I believe they all begin with ! in the message box. It would be wise to print that list out before hosting so you can have it handy. I dont have the VW so I wont be able to join and have no intention of buying it.

BTW I just received my Race Room Beta key so Im gonna try that out tonight and I will give you guys an update

http://www.raceroom.net/

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #356 on: January 16, 2013, 06:17:48 PM »

Thanks for the tip on commands. Yeah, it sucks they still make you buy each car for hosted sessions. I think that is limited the interest in the practice race for others too. Oh well. I hear next season they may update the hosted sessions to allow you to enter even if you don't have the car. Let's hope!

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #357 on: January 17, 2013, 12:56:51 AM »

Ran 31 laps this evening in practice.  The tires get kind of crappy around lap 12 then kind of come back in.  My fastest lap was lap 21 (probably with a little draft).  Changed tires lap 29 or so.  Didn't seam to be a ton better so it wasn't just the car getting lighter from fuel loss.

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #358 on: January 17, 2013, 08:47:55 AM »

Lonestar or anyone else who is interested in the Roar Practice race tonight:

I'm dumping the Jetta to try and get more participation, so all the content you'll need is the Mustang and Daytona.  8)

Come join the fun, practice starts at 8:00, qualifying at 8:40, and the race starts at 9:00.

The password is clean-racing-only

Hope to see some of you out there!

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #359 on: January 24, 2013, 04:43:45 PM »

Interlagos!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eP07fHLqp4&feature=player_embedded

Daytona 2.4 is on this weekend to coincide with the Daytona 24h.  The top split is going to be televised on GlacierTV.  I'm going to run the McLaren GT3 car.  I've seen both Darin Gangi and Shaun Cole in practice.  Looks like they are going with the Daytona Prototypes.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32   Go Up