• May 02, 2024, 12:45:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Iracing  (Read 45703 times)

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Iracing
« Reply #390 on: April 18, 2013, 03:56:33 PM »

So in a race is it a rolling start from the pits or something? If so, then yeah, it would be easy to let all the eager beavers go first into the fray.   8)

Let me know if/when you decide to re-up. I plan on running the Miata series until I have nothing left to learn about racecraft from that car. So sometime in 2022, I may go up to a six cylinder.   :)

MX
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #391 on: April 18, 2013, 07:02:02 PM »

If I remember right it's more of a delayed start than a rolling start.  Basically everyone lines up on the grid or in the pits and the main lights go green, those on track take off but those in the pits have to wait til the last car has passed the pit exit (I think, might be the start / finish line).  Once the last car that started on track passes whatever the mark is those starting from the pits get the green light and pull away whenever they want (normal pit lane rules apply, speed limit etc). 

Oval track races are the same except for those that opt for a grid start get the formation lap and a proper rolling start while those starting from the pits have to go from a dead stop once they get the green line (you don't start a lap down either if you start from the pits, you just end up a ways back from the pack at least on the full size tracks, short tracks you might end up a lap down by the time you get out of the pits).

I'll likely post here if / when I resubscribe, I think I'd gotten to the point where I had to buy more content to really progress.  I'd spent some time in the Miata and Pontiac Solstice (both great cars there) but I ended up running half a season in some of the tournaments because I didn't have the tracks and I Was also thinking about moving to the Ford Mustang series which would have meant tracks AND the car.  Couldn't ever decide on the Mustang because there's no way to test before you buy and that bothered me a bit because I didn't know if I could handle the car and didn't want to waste money on it.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #392 on: April 19, 2013, 07:47:01 AM »

Yeah, that's how they get your money, lol.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #393 on: April 19, 2013, 07:51:30 AM »

Ok, just wanted to give a quick update ... I spent some time digging around in the options last night to setup voice chat and stuff like that and I found the BRAKE SETTINGS!!! Turns out there's a setting that they suggest setting to 0 if you have a load cell brake pedal. I tried it and it made a huge difference. Now I may get a tire off here and there, but I'm not having any issues slowing down for the corners anymore.

That said, I was in third place in two races last night with a significant lead over fourth. Both times, I lacked the good sense to slow down and take my third place finish. And in both cases, I finished last with my pit mechanic and car sponsor chewing me out for hitting the wall multiple times. I think I'm going to lose my ride if I don't settle down and stay off the Bud Lite during the race, lol.

Goos times!!!

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #394 on: April 19, 2013, 09:29:47 AM »

Ok, just wanted to give a quick update ... I spent some time digging around in the options last night to setup voice chat and stuff like that and I found the BRAKE SETTINGS!!! Turns out there's a setting that they suggest setting to 0 if you have a load cell brake pedal. I tried it and it made a huge difference. Now I may get a tire off here and there, but I'm not having any issues slowing down for the corners anymore.

That said, I was in third place in two races last night with a significant lead over fourth. Both times, I lacked the good sense to slow down and take my third place finish. And in both cases, I finished last with my pit mechanic and car sponsor chewing me out for hitting the wall multiple times. I think I'm going to lose my ride if I don't settle down and stay off the Bud Lite during the race, lol.

Goos times!!!

:facepalm

Slow down man.  Your four races in.  Your SR should be well over three and you should be ready for promotion.  But your SR has barely budged.  Worse, your iRating is dropping and you are starting to get put into the lower splits.  This is week 12.  Next week is week 13.  Apparently all the crazies come out in week 13 and it's hard to improve your SR.

Slow down and try to get your SR above 3 before the end of the week so you can get out of rookie at the end of season (after week 13).

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #395 on: April 19, 2013, 11:28:10 AM »

Yeah, believe me, I know. I felt like an idiot this morning wondering why I wasn't just playing it safe. But both places I lost it were places that I nailed the turned at least 30 times before without incident. It just got a little wobbly and I over corrected and that's all it took. Hello wall.

I did do something REALLY stupid though in my first race, and I mean R E A L L Y stupid. I raced the whole race without any incidents (well maybe a wheel off or two) and get to the finish. Yay. But all the cars in front of me keep driving. So I was like, "oh shoot, are we on lap 10? Maybe the race isn't over." Then all the cars start slowing down and pulling over. Meanwhile I'm looking down looking for the lap indicator. I look up, realize what's going on and jam on the brakes, slide and hit all of them. I got 3 4x's from that one alone. Stupid stupid stupid.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #396 on: April 19, 2013, 12:14:35 PM »

Some iRacing friends you might already know. http://www.driversports.org/f7-iracing-events

Say hi to clacksman.  :)

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #397 on: April 19, 2013, 12:36:27 PM »

Clock starts now. Place your bets.

8)

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #398 on: April 19, 2013, 12:40:22 PM »

Some iRacing friends you might already know. http://www.driversports.org/f7-iracing-events

Say hi to clacksman.  :)

Clacksman hasn't even signed into iRacing since Nov 2012.  I don't know what he's up to these days.

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #399 on: April 20, 2013, 12:00:45 AM »

Clock starts now. Place your bets.

8)

Spectated part of one of your races tonight.  Saw you get rear-ended by someone a couple of laps down.  That pretty well sucks.  The guy was never going to ever regain a position.  No need to be aggressive like that.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #400 on: April 20, 2013, 09:19:25 AM »

Yeah, last night was fun. I got my first win which was awesome because once I got out front, the two chasing me tangled each other up and I just pulled away from the field. This time I made sure I drove about 5/10th the last lap and came across without incident. Very satisfying.

I remember that incident. That happens. I just had to keep my emotions in check, make sure I reentered the track cleanly and then focus on just getting the rest of my laps in without incident. I think there's an art to predicting who is going to cause you trouble out there. I had a feeling about that guy.

How did you find which race I was in? I was looking through the UI for a way to see if you were in any races and all I could see was that you were online. Couldn't even figure out how to send you a text message in game. There's a little chat bubble, but when I click it, it just shows the chat options, I think.

I'm having a coffee at the local cafe, listening to beatnik music and watching my dog eat whatever people left under the table. Will be heading back into the fray in a few.

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
« Reply #401 on: April 20, 2013, 09:25:28 AM »

So I'm gonna sign up with my free promotion.  First one to post/PM me an e-mail address for my "Referred by" gets the moula if I decide to one day pay for a subscription :)
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #402 on: April 20, 2013, 09:30:29 AM »

So I'm gonna sign up with my free promotion.  First one to post/PM me an e-mail address for my "Referred by" gets the moula if I decide to one day pay for a subscription :)

pm sent but I don't think that anyone gets the referred by money if you start with a free promotion.  Spec would know best about that since I think a bunch of people (including myself) used him as a referral.

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
« Reply #403 on: April 20, 2013, 09:32:14 AM »

Ah, I thought if the promotion ended and I signed up then you'd get the 10 smackers.  It was a lotta words I didn't feel like reading in order right now, but you win if it works!
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

GoesTuna11

• Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #404 on: April 20, 2013, 09:40:31 AM »

How did you find which race I was in? I was looking through the UI for a way to see if you were in any races and all I could see was that you were online. Couldn't even figure out how to send you a text message in game. There's a little chat bubble, but when I click it, it just shows the chat options, I think.

On the main member site, if you hover your mouse over the my racers icon on the bottom, the racers who are online will show up.  If they are racing (or spectating?) an icon will show up beside their name.  Hover or click over that will show what they are doing and have a button to either join the race (if it hasn't started) or spectate.  If you don't have the right tracks or car a link will show up so you can by what you need to race or spectate (kind of sad, you need the track and at least one car to spectate.)  You can now also spot for other drivers but I haven't tried that out yet.  I think in the next build, I read that you can also act as the pit crew for another racer and change pit settings and such.  Driver swaps won't be far behind.  Maybe next season's build or the next.

However, I was working all night on the computer so I wasn't racing.  Just took a short break to see what you were up to.  In fact if you look at my history, you'll see that I haven't done a race this season.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32   Go Up